Off Page Optimization
Off site SEO refers to other web properties and the referral links coming from those pages. Those links are called backlinks. The referring page can be another blog or business, a social property like Pinterest, a citation, or social comment linking back to you. There are many other ways of receiving authority backlinks, but these are common and are typically simple to obtain.
• Link Outreach – Most likely you have done business with someone else that has a website, or you have friends or networking associates that have a business site. Take the time to reach out to any of these connections in Cleveland and ask them to include an article about you or your company on the site. My suggestion is that you create it to save them the inconvenience. Be sure to create a link back and return the favor to them by building a link to their page from your property. Also note, if they have a Google verified address in Cleveland and you are wanting to rank for a local Cleveland service term, that will be a positive geo relevance factor.
• Social Media – By setting up social foundations like Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, and Flickr you have an opportunity to send no follow links to your web page from the user profile. You can also create links from a post within these platforms. Lots of ways to create links, just need to get creative.
• Citations – Citations are a fantastic way to build a backlink. Building business profiles within local directories like Yelp, Cheap FlightsGoogle Maps, Yellowpages, or foursquare will provide you with the chance to not only have a local presence in Cleveland, Tennessee on those platforms but to also send nofollow backlinks to your web page from that property.
• Comments – We have had personal success locating articles on the internet that were topical to our web page and commenting on them with a link back to my site. Don’t be a spammer, locate an relevant web page, leave a comment and engage with the community, and leave a URL in your comment that refers back to your page. That is a comment link.
Subscription Based Tools For Off Page SEO
In addition to the Webmaster tools that Google makes available, there are plenty of other dashboards that assist you with monitoring traffic, referral traffic, referral links, rankings, and many other analytics. Keeping an eye on the healthy condition of your web site and keeping a authoritative referral link profile is a must for ranking. Here are some of the tools and some basic info on how they can assist you with your off page optimization.
• MOZ OSE – (https://moz.com/) – MOZ Open Site Explorer allows you to view backlinks, discover link building opportunities, find unwanted referral links, check a websites domain authority, and page authority. MOZ also offers other tools that are irreplaceable for agencies. Take a look at Moz local (metrics specific to Cleveland and the surrounding areas) and their arsenal of free to use SEO optimization software interfaces for those of you that are just getting started.
DA and Page Authority are very important metrics in the SEO world. You can use this tool to monitor the health on your site.
• SEM Rush – (https://www.semrush.com/)- This is a must have piece of software for managing your sites SEO. For individuals overseeing an SEO agency, this software also allows you to orchestrate and track any changes with a businesses online profile. Some of the service software provided through this interface are position tracking, site audits, social tracking, brand monitoring, inbound link audits, lead generation management, keyword rank analytics, domain metrics, and lots more.
Tracking keywords and traffic are really important tools in SEM Rush.
• Ahrefs (https://ahrefs.com/) – Another very efficient tool that allows you to manage the health of your web site. Most of the tools made available within Ahrefs are similar to those available on SEM Rush, but there are many unique tools that make Ahrefs a must have subscription for anyone optimizing sites. Ahrefs includes a website explorer, content crawler, keyword explorer, batch overviews, referral link explorer, and more.
The referral link profile explorer is an awesome tool we use for identifying links pointing to your site. This is useful for locating good and bad back links.
• PRT – (https://proranktracker.com/) – PRT is a subscription based SEO software tool that is primarily used to monitor the movement of unique key words and URLS. Software like this is needed to monitor movement and/or spot a drop in rankings. For agencies looking to manage SEO for their clients, Pro Rank Tracker is an affordable option.
Ranking metrics refer to keyword position fluxuation in the SERPS. The red values seen indicate a drop in keyword rankings while the green values displayed show an increase in rankings.
• Keyword Tool – (http://keywordtool.io/) – This tool is effective for finding key terms that you want to rank your site for. You can configure geo-specific location settings to identify search volume in a specific city and state like Cleveland, Tennessee. These key terms that you find and begin to target will be the same keywords that you track in Pro Rank Tracker. Another helpful feature is the search chart, this identifies how many searches occur monthly in your area and if it’s seasonal, trending, or a consistent search volume.
Identifying locally searched keywords is beneficial for anyone trying to rank in Tennessee.
Cleveland Off Page SEO
Modern Influence Logo
Modern Influence Image
SEO pricing is strongly based on competition of keywords and location. Before we focus on enhancing your rankings we need to gain a better understanding of the keywords and search volume of the relevant terms in your vertical. This requires us to perform some keyword research before we give you a monthly quote for SEO. Complete the form below to get started with our free keyword research.