Off Page SEO
Off page SEO refers to other properties and the referral links coming from those pages. These links are called backlinks. The referring page can be another blog or business website, a social property like Facebook, a citation, or blog comment linking back to your site. There are other ways of getting referral links, but these are common methods and are typically easy to get.
• Link Outreach – Most likely you have done business with another company that has a site, or you have friends or networking associates that have websites. Just reach out to anyone of these individuals in Clifton and ask them to include an article about you or your services on it. My recommendation is that you write it to save them the time. Be sure to include a website and return the favor to them by linking to their site from yours. Also note, if they have a Google verified address in Clifton and you are wanting to rank for a local Clifton service term, that will be a positive geo relevance factor.
• Social – By setting up social accounts like Instagram, Twitter, Youtube, and Flickr you have the ability to link out to your website from the account profile. You can also link out from a post within these platforms. Lots of ways to send links, just need to get creative.
• Citations – Citations are a legitimate way to get a an inbound link. Setting up business profiles in directories like Yelp, Cheap FlightsGoogle Maps, Yellowpages, or foursquare will give you the opportunity to not only have a local presence in Clifton, New Jersey on those platforms but to also link back to your page from that profile.
• Comments – I have experienced personal success locating articles on the web that were topical to our website and commenting on them with a backlink to our webpage. Do not be a spammer, search for an interesting article, leave a comment and engage the community, then leave a link in your comment that links back to your web page. That is a backlink.
Off Site SEO Software Tools
There are other options to the SEO tools that Google offers, there are other dashboards that assist you with monitoring site traffic, authority links, referral links, rankings, and other analytic tools. Guarding the health of your site and maintaining a clean back link profile is essential for ranking your property. Here are a few of the software interfaces and some basic info on how they can help you with your off page optimization.
• Open Site Explorer – (https://moz.com/) – MOZ Open Site Explorer allows you to locate referral links, find linking opportunities, discover malicious backlinks, check on a web sites domain authority, and page authority. Moz provides other tools that are proven useful for agencies. Check out MOZ local (metrics specific to Clifton and the surrounding cities) and their arsenal of limited but free SEO tools for you SEO’s that are just getting started.
Domain Authority and PA are very important metrics in the SEO world. Use this software to evaluate the health on your site.
• SEM Rush – (https://www.semrush.com/)- This is a must have piece of software for managing your web sites optimization. For those of you managing an SEO organization, this tool also allows you to maintain and keep track of any changes with a businesses online profile. Many of the service software provided in this dashboard are keyword position tracking, site audits, social media managment, brand monitoring, outbound link audits, lead generation management, keyword analytics, domain metrics, and more.
Tracking keyword rankings and traffic are very important tools in SEM Rush.
• Ahrefs (https://ahrefs.com/) – A very efficient dashboard that gives you the opportunity to manage the condition of your web site. Most of the tools available within Ahrefs are very similar to those seen on SEM Rush, but there are some specialized tools that have made Ahrefs a must have resource for any SEO. Ahrefs has a website explorer, content explorer, keyword research tool, batch analytics, link explorer, and much more.
The backlink profile explorer is an awesome tool we use for identifying backlinks pointing to your website. This is useful for locating good and bad backlinks.
• Pro Rank Tracker – (https://proranktracker.com/) – PRT is a subscription based SEO software tool that is mostly used to track the rankings of individual key words and URLS. Software such as this is needed to monitor movement and/or spot a dip in rankings. For individuals looking to manage SEO for clients, Pro Rank Tracker is a pretty affordable industry option.
Ranking metrics refer to keyword position movement in the SERPS. The red values seen represent a drop in keyword rankings while the green values seen show a spike in rankings.
• Keyword Tool – (http://keywordtool.io/) – This tool is great for locating key terms that you want to rank for. You can choose geo-specific location settings to uncover search volume in a specific city and state like Clifton, New Jersey. These key phrases that you locate and begin to target will be the same group of keywords that you follow in PRT. Another helpful tool is the search graph, this shows how much search occurs monthly in your area and if it’s seasonal, trending, or a constant stream of search queries.
finding locally searched key terms is valuable for anyone trying to rank in New Jersey.
Clifton Off Page SEO
Modern Influence Logo
Modern Influence Image
SEO pricing is strongly based on competition of keywords and location. Before we focus on enhancing your rankings we need to gain a better understanding of the keywords and search volume of the relevant terms in your vertical. This requires us to perform some keyword research before we give you a monthly quote for SEO. Complete the form below to get started with our free keyword research.