Off Page Optimization
Off site SEO refers to other sites and the referral links coming from those properties. Those links are called backlinks. The referring property can be another blog or company site, a social property like Youtube, a citation, or article comment linking back to your property. There are other means of receiving referral links, but these are common methods and usually simple to obtain.
• Link Outreach – There is a chance you have done business with a company that has a website, or you have friends or networking partners that have a business site. Simply reach out to any of these associates in Clive and ask them to include an article about you or your company on there. My recommendation is that you write it to save them the inconvenience. Be sure to give yourself a page and return the favor to them by building a link to their site from your web page. Also note, if they have a Google verified address in Clive and you are wanting to rank for a local Clive service term, that will be a positive geo relevance factor.
• Social Platforms – By setting up social profiles like Facebook, G+, Pinterest, and Flickr you have an opportunity to send links to your website from the account profile. You can also create links from a post within these properties. Lots of ways to send links, just gotta get creative.
• Citations – Citations are a legitimate way to create a referral link. Creating business profiles in local directories like Yelp, Cheap FlightsGoogle Maps, Yellowpages, or foursquare will provide you with the opportunity to not only have a local presence in Clive, Iowa on those platforms but to also send links back to your page from that property.
• Comments – I have experienced personal success finding blogs on the web that were topical to our website and commenting on them with a link back to my site. Without being a spammer, find an interesting web page, leave a comment and engage with the online community, then leave a URL in your comment that points back to your page. That is a comment link.
Software Subscriptions For Off Page SEO
There are other options to the Webmaster tools that Google makes available, there are other dashboards that assist you with monitoring site traffic, authority links, referral links, rankings, and other analytics. Guarding the healthy condition of your property and keeping a authoritative referral link profile is absolutely necessary for ranking. Here are some of those subscriptions and some basic information on how they could help you with your off page optimization.
• Open Site Explorer – (https://moz.com/) – The Moz Open Site Explorer allows you to inspect referral links, locate linking opportunities, locate suspicious links, check a web sites domain authority, and page authority. Moz provides other tools that are irreplaceable for agencies. Check out Moz local (metrics exclusive to Clive and the surrounding cities) and the arsenal of free optimization dashboards for those of you that are just getting established.
DA and Page Authority are important metrics in the SEO arena. You can use this site to monitor the metrics on your site.
• SEM Rush – (https://www.semrush.com/)- This is a must have tool for maintaining your web sites optimization. For folks overseeing an SEO organization, this software also allows you to orchestrate and keep track of changes with a businesses online profile. Many of the tools provided through this dashboard are position tracking, web site audits, social management, profile monitoring, inbound link audits, lead gen management, keyword search analytics, domain health, and lots more.
Tracking keyword positions and referral traffic are really important features in SEM Rush.
• Ahrefs (https://ahrefs.com/) – One very efficient tool that allows you to manage the condition of your website. Most of the tools available within Ahrefs are a lot like those available on SEM Rush, but there are really unique tools that make Ahrefs a must have resource for anyone optimizing sites. Ahrefs has a website explorer, content explorer, keyword research tool, batch analytics, inbound link explorer, and lots more.
The referral link profile explorer is an awesome piece of software used for identifying referral links pointing to your website. This is great for finding good and bad links.
• PRT – (https://proranktracker.com/) – PRT is a subscription based SEO software dashboard that is primarily used to track the rankings of unique keywords and URL strings. Software like this is required to gauge movement and/or identify a dip in the SERPS. For individuals looking to monitor SEO for clients, PRT is a pretty affordable option.
Ranking details refer to keyword position movement in the SERPS. The red values seen represent a dip in rankings while the green values seen indicate an increase in rankings.
• Keyword Tool – (http://keywordtool.io/) – This software tool is effective for locating key phrases that you want to rank your property for. You can choose geo specific location settings to pin-point keyword search volume in a specified city and state like Clive, Iowa. These key words that you identify and begin to target will be the same group of keywords that you monitor in PRT. Another useful feature is the search info, this shows how much search occurs monthly in your area and if it’s seasonal, trending, or a consistent search queries.
Identifying locally searched key terms is valuable for anyone trying to rank in Iowa.
Clive Off Page SEO
Modern Influence Logo
Modern Influence Image
SEO pricing is strongly based on competition of keywords and location. Before we focus on enhancing your rankings we need to gain a better understanding of the keywords and search volume of the relevant terms in your vertical. This requires us to perform some keyword research before we give you a monthly quote for SEO. Complete the form below to get started with our free keyword research.