Off Site Optimization
Off site SEO refers to other pages and the inbound links coming from those properties. These links are called backlinks. The referring page can be another blog or business website, a social property like Twitter, a citation, or blog comment linking back to your page. There are other means of receiving authority backlinks, but these are common and usually simple to get.
• Link Outreach – Most likely you have done business with another business that has a site, or you have friends or networking associates that have a business site. Simply reach out to any of these individuals in Colby and ask them to feature an article about you or your services on there. My recommendation is that you produce it to save them the hassle. Be sure to include a page and return the favor to them by creating a link to their page from your web page. Also note, if they have a Google verified address in Colby and you are wanting to rank for a local Colby service term, that will be a positive geo relevance factor.
• Social Media – By setting up social accounts like Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Reddit you have the option to link out to your web page from the user profile. You can also link out from a post within these platforms. Lots of ways to link out, just gotta get creative.
• Citations – Citations are a great way to get a an inbound link. Creating business profiles within directories like Yelp, Cheap FlightsGoogle Maps, Yellowpages, or foursquare will provide you with the chance to not only create a local presence in Colby, Kansas on those profiles but to also backlink to your site from that profile.
• Social Comments – I have experienced personal success locating blogs on the web that were relevant to our page and commenting on them with a link back to my site. Without being a spammer, search for an relevant web page, leave a comment and engage with the community, then leave a link in your comment that links back to your web page. That is a backlink.
Tools For Off Page SEO
There are other options to the SEO tools that Google provides, there are plenty of other utilities that help you monitor internet traffic, referral traffic, referral links, rankings, and other analytics. Monitoring the health of your web page and maintaining a nice referral link profile is essential for ranking your property. Here are a few of those tools and some information on how they can help you with your off page SEO.
• MOZ Open Site Explorer – (https://moz.com/) – The Moz Open Site Explorer allows you to locate inbound links, locate link outreach opportunities, locate malicious backlinks, check on a websites domain authority, and page authority. Moz also offers other useful tools that are proven useful for agencies. Check out Moz local (metrics exclusive to Colby and the surrounding neighborhoods) and their plethora of free to use SEO dashboards for those of you that are just getting your feet wet.
DA and Page Authority are very important metrics in the SEO world. Use this tool to check the health on your web site.
• SEM Rush – (https://www.semrush.com/)- This is a must have tool for maintaining your sites SEO. For people overseeing an SEO organization, this tool allows you to maintain and track any changes with a clients online presence. Some of the service software provided in this interface are keyword position tracking, web site audits, social media managment, profile monitoring, link audits, lead gen management, keyword rank analytics, domain health, and more.
Tracking keywords and web traffic are really important features in SEM Rush.
• Ahrefs (https://ahrefs.com/) – A very impressive piece of software that allows you to manage the health of your website. The tools available on Ahrefs are a lot like those seen on SEM Rush, but there are many unique tools that make Ahrefs a must have tool for any SEO. Ahrefs includes a site explorer, content crawler, keyword explorer, batch overviews, link explorer, and much more.
The backlink profile explorer is a great tool we use for identifying back links pointing to your site. This is great for discovering good and bad backlinks.
• Pro Rank Tracker – (https://proranktracker.com/) – Pro Rank Tracker is a subscription based SEO software subscription that is mostly used to follow the movement of individual key words and URLS. A tool like this is needed to monitor movement and/or recognize a dip in rankings. For agencies looking to monitor SEO for their clients, PRT is an affordable industry option.
Ranking stats indicate position movement in the SERPS. The red values seen indicate a dip in keyword rankings while the green values seen represent a spike in rankings.
• Keyword Tool – (http://keywordtool.io/) – This tool is great for identifying keywords that you want rank for. You can customize geo-specific location settings to identify search volume in a specific city and state like Colby, Kansas. These key terms that you locate and begin targeting will be the same group of keywords that you monitor in Pro Rank Tracker. Another useful tool is the search volume graph, this identifies how many searches occur monthly in your area and if it’s seasonal, trending, or a consistent search volume.
Identifying locally searched key terms is beneficial to anyone trying to rank in Kansas.
Colby Off Page SEO
Modern Influence Logo
Modern Influence Image
SEO pricing is strongly based on competition of keywords and location. Before we focus on enhancing your rankings we need to gain a better understanding of the keywords and search volume of the relevant terms in your vertical. This requires us to perform some keyword research before we give you a monthly quote for SEO. Complete the form below to get started with our free keyword research.