Off Page Optimization
Off site SEO refers to other sites and the links coming from those properties. Those links are called backlinks. The referring web site can be another blog or company site, a social property like Instagram, a citation, or social comment linking back to your property. There are other ways of receiving backlinks, but these are common and are typically easy to obtain.
• Link Outreach – Most likely you have done business with another business that has a site, or you have friends or networking partners that have sites. Take the time to reach out to anyone of these individuals in College Park and ask them to post an article about you or your business on the site. My recommendation is that you produce it to save them the inconvenience. Be sure to give yourself a web page and return the favor to them by building a link to their page from yours. Also note, if they have a Google verified address in College Park and you are wanting to rank for a local College Park service term, that will be a positive geo relevance factor.
• Social Properties – By setting up social accounts like Facebook, G+, Youtube, and Reddit you have the option to send links to your web page from the user profile. You can also send links out from a post within these properties. Lots of ways to link out, just gotta get creative.
• Citations – Citations are a great way to create a backlink. Building business profiles in directories like Yelp, Cheap FlightsGoogle Maps, Yellowpages, or foursquare will provide you with the chance to not only create a local presence in College Park, Maryland on those profiles but to also send nofollow backlinks to your site from that profile.
• Social Comments – I have experienced personal success searching for sites on the internet that were relevant to our site and leaving a comment on them with a link back to my site. Do not be a spammer, find an topical web page, comment and engage the online community, then leave a signature in your comment that refers back to your web page. That is a backlink.
Software For Off Site SEO
There are other options to the optimization tools that Google offers, there are other tools that assist you with monitoring internet traffic, referral traffic, backlinks, page rankings, and many other analytics. Monitoring the health of your site and maintaining a nice link profile is absolutely necessary for ranking your property. Here are some of those subscriptions and some information on how they could help you with your off page SEO.
• Open Site Explorer – (https://moz.com/) – MOZ OSE allows you to locate referral links, locate link outreach opportunities, discover malicious back links, check on a websites domain authority, and page authority. Moz developed other tools that are must haves for optimization. Check out Moz local (metrics exclusive to College Park and the surrounding neighborhoods) and their arsenal of free SEO tools for those of you that are just getting started.
DA and PA are very important metrics in the SEO arena. Use this site to monitor the metrics on your website.
• SEM Rush – (https://www.semrush.com/)- This is a must have piece of software for monitoring your web sites optimization. For people overseeing an SEO agency, this software allows you to maintain and keep track of sudden changes with a clients online presence. Some of the service software provided in this dashboard are keyword position tracking, site audits, social media managment, profile monitoring, outbound link audits, lead generation management, keyword search analytics, domain metrics, and lots more.
Tracking keyword rankings and referral traffic are really important tools in SEM Rush.
• Ahrefs (https://ahrefs.com/) – Another very efficient interface that gives you the opportunity to monitor the condition of your site. Many of the features made available within Ahrefs are identical to those available on SEM Rush, but there are many unique tools that make Ahrefs a must have subscription for any SEO agency. Ahrefs includes a site explorer, content crawler, keyword research tool, batch overviews, link explorer, and lots more.
The backlink profile explorer is an awesome tool used for discovering back links referring to your website. This is useful for discovering good and bad links.
• Pro Rank Tracker – (https://proranktracker.com/) – Pro Rank Tracker is an online based SEO software subscription that is most commonly used to follow the movement of specific key words and URLS. A tool such as this is required to monitor movement and/or spot a drop in the SERPS. For people looking to manage SEO for clients, PRT is a very affordable industry option.
Ranking metrics refer to position movement in the SERPS. The red values indicate a dip in rankings while the green values seen indicate an increase in rankings.
• Keyword Tool – (http://keywordtool.io/) – This tool is great for finding key terms that you want to rank your page for. You can configure geo specific location identification settings to identify keyword search volume in a specific city and state like College Park, Maryland. These key words that you find and begin to target will be the same group of keywords that you monitor in PRT. Another useful feature is the search info, this shows how many searches occur monthly in your area and if it’s seasonal, trending, or a constant stream of search volume.
finding locally searched phrases is beneficial to anyone trying to rank in Maryland.
College Park Off Page SEO
Modern Influence Logo
Modern Influence Image
SEO pricing is strongly based on competition of keywords and location. Before we focus on enhancing your rankings we need to gain a better understanding of the keywords and search volume of the relevant terms in your vertical. This requires us to perform some keyword research before we give you a monthly quote for SEO. Complete the form below to get started with our free keyword research.