Off Site Optimization
Off site SEO refers to other sites and the referral links coming from those properties. Those links are called backlinks. The referring web site can be another blog or company site, a social property like Instagram, a citation, or social comment linking back to your site. There are other means of receiving backlinks, but these are common and are typically simple to obtain.
• Link Outreach – Most likely you have done business with another company that has a site, or you have an acquaintance or networking associates that have sites. Take the time to reach out to one of these associates in Collinsville and ask them to feature an article about you or your services on the site. My suggestion is that you write it to save them the inconvenience. Be sure to give yourself a page and return the favor to them by building a link to their page from yours. Also note, if they have a Google verified address in Collinsville and you are wanting to rank for a local Collinsville service term, that will be a positive geo relevance factor.
• Social Platforms – By setting up social foundations like Instagram, Twitter, Youtube, and Reddit you have the option to link out to your website from the user profile. You can also send links out from a post within these properties. Lots of ways to send links, just gotta get creative.
• Citations – Citations are a legitimate way to get a an inbound link. Setting up profiles in local directories like Yelp, Cheap FlightsGoogle Maps, Yellowpages, or foursquare will provide you with the chance to not only have a local presence in Collinsville, Illinois on those profiles but to also send links back to your website from that property.
• Comments – I have experienced personal success searching for articles on the internet that were topical to our website and commenting on them with a backlink to our webpage. Without being a spammer, find an interesting blog post, leave a comment and engage the online community, and leave a backlink in your comment that links back to your web page. That is a comment link.
Off Site SEO Tools
In addition to the Webmaster tools that Google offers, there are many other dashboards that help you monitor site traffic, referral traffic, referral links, page rankings, and other analytic tools. Keeping an eye on the healthy condition of your property and maintaining a authoritative back link profile is a must for ranking your property. Here are a few of the tools and some information on how they can assist you with your off page optimization.
• MOZ Open Site Explorer – (https://moz.com/) – The Moz OSE allows you to research backlinks, discover link outreach opportunities, find unwanted referral links, check on a sites domain authority, and page authority. MOZ developed other useful tools that are proven useful for agencies. Check out MOZ local (metrics specific to Collinsville and the surrounding neighborhoods) and their plethora of free SEO dashboards for those of you that are just getting your feet wet.
DA and Page Authority are very important metrics in the SEO arena. You can use this software to check the health on your web site.
• SEM Rush – (https://www.semrush.com/)- This is an amazing piece of software for managing your web sites optimization. For people managing an SEO agency, this tool also allows you to monitor and keep track of sudden changes with a clients online profile. Many of the tools offered in this dashboard are position tracking, web site audits, social media managment, profile monitoring, outbound link audits, lead generation management, keyword rank analytics, domain analytics, and more.
Tracking keyword positions and traffic are very important tools in SEM Rush.
• Ahrefs (https://ahrefs.com/) – A very efficient tool that allows you to monitor the health of your web site. The features available within Ahrefs are very similar to those available on SEM Rush, but there are very unique tools that have made Ahrefs a must have tool for any SEO. Ahrefs has a site explorer, content crawler, keyword research tool, batch analytics, inbound link explorer, and lots more.
The backlink profile explorer is an awesome tool we use for identifying backlinks referring to your website. This is helpful for discovering good and bad back links.
• PRT – (https://proranktracker.com/) – PRT is an online based SEO software tool that is most commonly used to follow the movement of individual key words and URL strings. Software such as this is needed to monitor progress and/or identify a dip in the SERPS. For individuals looking to monitor the SEO for their clients, Pro Rank Tracker is an affordable industry option.
Ranking stats refer to keyword position fluxuation in the SERPS. The red values seen indicate a drop in rankings while the green values displayed represent an increase in rankings.
• Keyword Tool – (http://keywordtool.io/) – This tool is effective for finding keywords that you want rank your page for. You can choose geo-specific location identification settings to identify search volume in a specified city and state like Collinsville, Illinois. These keywords that you find and begin to target will be the same group of keywords that you follow in Pro Rank Tracker. Another useful feature is the search volume graph, this indicates how many searches occur monthly in your area and if it’s seasonal, trending, or a consistent search queries.
Identifying locally searched phrases is valuable to anyone trying to rank in Illinois.
Collinsville Off Page SEO
Modern Influence Logo
Modern Influence Image
SEO pricing is strongly based on competition of keywords and location. Before we focus on enhancing your rankings we need to gain a better understanding of the keywords and search volume of the relevant terms in your vertical. This requires us to perform some keyword research before we give you a monthly quote for SEO. Complete the form below to get started with our free keyword research.