Off Page Optimization
Off page SEO refers to other sites and the referral links coming from those properties. Those links are called backlinks. The referring web site can be another blog or company site, a social property like Twitter, a citation, or social comment linking back to you. There are many other means of receiving referral links, but these are common and usually simple to obtain.
• Link Outreach – There is a chance you have done business with another business that has a website, or you have an acquaintance or networking associates that have sites. Just reach out to any of these people in Colorado Springs and ask them to include an article about you or your company on there. My suggestion is that you write it to save them the time. Be sure to give yourself a page and return the favor to them by creating a link to their website from your web page. Also note, if they have a Google verified address in Colorado Springs and you are wanting to rank for a local Colorado Springs service term, that will be a positive geo relevance factor.
• Social Properties – By setting up social accounts like Instagram, G+, Pinterest, and Flickr you have the ability to send no follow links to your property from the account profile. You can also send links out from a post within these platforms. Lots of ways to create links, just gotta get creative.
• Citations – Citations are a fantastic way to build a link. Building business profiles within directories like Yelp, Cheap FlightsGoogle Maps, Yellowpages, or foursquare will give you the opportunity to not only build a local presence in Colorado Springs, Colorado on those platforms but to also send links back to your site from that property.
• User Comments – I have had personal success searching for articles on the internet that were relevant to our website and leaving a comment on them with a backlink to our webpage. Without being a spammer, locate an relevant blog post, leave a comment and engage the online community, then leave a signature in your comment that points back to your website. That my friends is a backlink.
Off Site SEO Software Tools
In addition to the optimization tools that Google offers, there are plenty of other utilities that help you monitor site traffic, referral traffic, referral links, rankings, and many other analytics. Keeping an eye on the healthy condition of your web property and maintaining a clean link profile is a must for ranking your site. Here are a few of the subscriptions and some information on how they can help you with your off site SEO.
• MOZ OSE – (https://moz.com/) – MOZ OSE allows you to inspect back links, find linking opportunities, discover bad backlinks, check on a sites domain authority, and page authority. Moz developed other useful tools that are irreplaceable for optimization. Take a look at Moz local (metrics exclusive to Colorado Springs and the surrounding neighborhoods) and the plethora of limited but free optimization tools for you guys that are just getting started.
Domain Authority and Page Authority are very important metrics in the SEO arena. You can use this software to monitor the health on your site.
• SEM Rush – (https://www.semrush.com/)- This is an amazing piece of software for managing your websites optimization. For people managing an SEO business, this subscription also allows you to maintain and track any changes with a clients online presence. Some of the services provided through this interface are position tracking, site audits, social management, profile monitoring, link audits, lead gen management, keyword search analytics, domain metrics, and much more.
Tracking keyword rankings and site traffic are super important features in SEM Rush.
• Ahrefs (https://ahrefs.com/) – Another very efficient tool that gives you the opportunity to manage the health of your web site. Many of the tools available on Ahrefs are a lot like those seen on SEM Rush, but there are really specialized tools that make Ahrefs a must get tool for anyone optimizing sites. Ahrefs has a website explorer, content crawler, keyword research tool, batch analytics, inbound link explorer, and much more.
The backlink profile explorer is a great piece of software we use for locating backlinks referring to your website. This is useful for finding good and bad back links.
• Pro Rank Tracker – (https://proranktracker.com/) – Pro Rank Tracker is a subscription based SEO software tool that is mostly used to track the movement of unique key words and URL strings. Software like this is needed to gauge movement and/or spot a drop in rankings. For agencies looking to monitor the SEO for clients, PRT is a pretty affordable industry option.
Ranking statistics refer to keyword position movement in the SERPS. The red values indicate a dip in keyword rankings while the green values seen represent an increase in keyword rankings.
• Keyword Tool – (http://keywordtool.io/) – This tool is useful for locating keywords that you want to rank for. You can configure geo-specific location settings to pin-point keyword search volume in a specified city and state like Colorado Springs, Colorado. These key phrases that you locate and begin targeting will be the same keywords that you track in Pro Rank Tracker. Another helpful tool is the search volume graph, this identifies how much search occurs monthly in your area and if it’s seasonal, trending, or a consistent search queries.
finding locally searched phrases is valuable for anyone trying to rank in Colorado.
Colorado Springs Off Page SEO
Modern Influence Logo
Modern Influence Image
SEO pricing is strongly based on competition of keywords and location. Before we focus on enhancing your rankings we need to gain a better understanding of the keywords and search volume of the relevant terms in your vertical. This requires us to perform some keyword research before we give you a monthly quote for SEO. Complete the form below to get started with our free keyword research.