Off Site Optimization
Off page optimization refers to other properties and the referral links coming from them. These links are called backlinks. The referring web site can be another blog or company site, a social property like Youtube, a citation, or blog comment linking back to your property. There are other means of receiving backlinks, but these are common methods and are typically simple to obtain.
• Link Outreach – There is a chance you have done business with a company that has a site, or you have an acquaintance or networking partners that have websites. Simply reach out to any of these associates in Columbia and ask them to include an article about you or your products on the site. My recommendation is that you produce it to save them the hassle. Be sure to include a link back and return the favor to them by creating a link to their page from your site. Also note, if they have a Google verified address in Columbia and you are wanting to rank for a local Columbia service term, that will be a positive geo relevance factor.
• Social Platforms – By setting up social profiles like Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, and Flickr you have the option to link out to your property from the account profile. You can also link out from a post within these properties. Lots of ways to link out, just gotta get creative.
• Citations – Citations are a great way to produce a an inbound link. Building profiles within local directories like Yelp, Cheap FlightsGoogle Maps, Yellowpages, or foursquare will give you the chance to not only build a local presence in Columbia, Illinois on those profiles but to also send nofollow backlinks to your website from that property.
• Comments – I have had personal success locating sites on the internet that were relevant to our website and leaving a comment on them with a backlink to our webpage. Do not be a spammer, search for an relevant web page, comment and engage with the community, then leave a backlink in your comment that refers back to your website. That my friends is a backlink.
Software For Off Site SEO
In addition to the SEO tools that Google offers, there are many other dashboards that help you monitor site traffic, referral traffic, referral links, rankings, and other analytics. Monitoring the healthy condition of your web site and keeping a clean referral link profile is a must for ranking your site. Here are some of the dashboards and some basic information on how they will assist you with your off site optimization.
• MOZ Open Site Explorer – (https://moz.com/) – MOZ OSE allows you to view back links, discover link building opportunities, discover malicious referral links, check on a websites domain authority, and page authority. MOZ also offers other tools that are must haves for SEO. Take a look at MOZ local (metrics specific to Columbia and the surrounding areas) and the plethora of limited but free SEO optimization software interfaces for you SEO’s that are just getting started.
DA and Page Authority are important metrics in SEO. Use this tool to check the health on your site.
• SEM Rush – (https://www.semrush.com/)- This is a must have tool for managing your sites optimization. For individuals managing an SEO agency, this tool also allows you to orchestrate and keep track of any changes with a clients online presence. Some of the service software offered in this interface are position tracking, site audits, social tracking, profile monitoring, inbound link audits, lead generation management, keyword analytics, domain health, and lots more.
Tracking keywords and web traffic are really important tools in SEM Rush.
• Ahrefs (https://ahrefs.com/) – One very useful interface that gives you the opportunity to monitor the health of your web site. Most of the tools made available within Ahrefs are a lot like those available on SEM Rush, but there are many specialized tools that have made Ahrefs a must have tool for any SEO agency. Ahrefs includes a site explorer, content explorer, keyword explorer, batch overviews, inbound link explorer, and much more.
The referral link profile explorer is an awesome tool used for locating links directing to your website. This is great for discovering good and bad backlinks.
• Pro Rank Tracker – (https://proranktracker.com/) – Pro Rank Tracker is an online based SEO software dashboard that is primarily used to track the movement of specific key words and URLS. Software such as this is needed to monitor progress and/or identify a drop in the SERPS. For people looking to manage SEO for clients, Pro Rank Tracker is a pretty affordable option in the industry.
Ranking details indicate position fluxuation in the SERPS. The red values indicate a dip in rankings while the green values seen show a spike in rankings.
• Keyword Tool – (http://keywordtool.io/) – This software tool is useful for finding keywords that you want to rank for. You can customize geo-specific location settings to identify search volume in a specific city and state like Columbia, Illinois. These key terms that you identify and begin to target will be the same group of keywords that you analyze in PRT. Another helpful tool is the search volume info, this identifies how many searches occur monthly in your area and if it’s seasonal, trending, or a constant stream of search volume.
Identifying locally searched key terms is beneficial to anyone trying to rank in Illinois.
Columbia Off Page SEO
Modern Influence Logo
Modern Influence Image
SEO pricing is strongly based on competition of keywords and location. Before we focus on enhancing your rankings we need to gain a better understanding of the keywords and search volume of the relevant terms in your vertical. This requires us to perform some keyword research before we give you a monthly quote for SEO. Complete the form below to get started with our free keyword research.