Off Page Optimization
Off site SEO refers to other sites and the links coming from those pages. Those links are called backlinks. The referring web site can be another blog or business, a social property like Pinterest, a citation, or blog comment linking back to your site. There are many other means of getting referral links, but these are common and usually simple to get.
• Link Outreach – There is a chance you have done business with another business that has a site, or you have friends or networking connections that have sites. Just reach out to anyone of these associates in Columbia and ask them to feature an article about you or your company on there. My suggestion is that you write it to save them the hassle. Be sure to include a back link and return the favor to them by building a link to their page from your site. Also note, if they have a Google verified address in Columbia and you are wanting to rank for a local Columbia service term, that will be a positive geo relevance factor.
• Social – By setting up social profiles like Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, and Reddit you have an opportunity to send no follow links to your web page from the account profile. You can also send links out from a post within these platforms. Lots of ways to link, just gotta get creative.
• Citations – Citations are a legitimate way to build a referral link. Building business profiles within directories like Yelp, Cheap FlightsGoogle Maps, Yellowpages, or foursquare will give you the opportunity to not only create a local presence in Columbia, Missouri on those profiles but to also send nofollow backlinks to your page from that property.
• Blog Comments – We have had personal success locating blogs on the internet that were relevant to our page and commenting on them with a link back to my site. Without being a spammer, locate an interesting web page, comment and engage the online community, then leave a URL in your comment that refers back to your web page. That is a backlink.
Tools For Off Page SEO
In addition to the tools that Google provides, there are many other dashboards that assist you with monitoring site traffic, referral traffic, backlinks, page rankings, and other analytics. Guarding the health of your web site and maintaining a nice referral link profile is essential for ranking your property. Here are some of those subscriptions and some info on how they will assist you with your off site optimization.
• MOZ Open Site Explorer – (https://moz.com/) – MOZ Open Site Explorer allows you to view back links, discover linking opportunities, locate suspicious back links, check on a sites domain authority, and page authority. Moz provides other tools that are must haves for agencies. Check out MOZ local (metrics specific to Columbia and the surrounding cities) and their arsenal of limited but free optimization optimization software interfaces for those of you that are just getting established.
Domain Authority and PA are important metrics in SEO. You can use this tool to evaluate the health on your web site.
• SEM Rush – (https://www.semrush.com/)- This is a must have tool for monitoring your websites optimization. For those of you running an SEO business, this tool also allows you to orchestrate and keep track of any changes with a clients online property. Many of the service software offered through this dashboard are position tracking, web site audits, social media managment, brand monitoring, inbound link audits, lead generation management, keyword search analytics, domain metrics, and more.
Tracking keyword rankings and referral traffic are very important features in SEM Rush.
• Ahrefs (https://ahrefs.com/) – One very impressive interface that allows you to monitor the condition of your website. The tools made available on Ahrefs are very similar to those available on SEM Rush, but there are very unique tools that make Ahrefs a must get resource for any SEO agency. Ahrefs includes a website explorer, content crawler, keyword research tool, batch overviews, link explorer, and lots more.
The backlink profile explorer is an awesome piece of software we use for discovering backlinks pointing to your site. This is great for discovering good and bad links.
• PRT – (https://proranktracker.com/) – PRT is a subscription based SEO software subscription that is mostly used to monitor the rankings of unique keywords and URLS. A tool such as this is needed to gauge progress and/or recognize a drop in rankings. For businesses looking to manage SEO for clients, Pro Rank Tracker is a very affordable option in the industry.
Ranking stats refer to position fluxuation in the SERPS. The red values seen represent a drop in keyword rankings while the green values displayed show an increase in keyword rankings.
• Keyword Tool – (http://keywordtool.io/) – This software tool is useful for finding keywords that you want rank for. You can configure geo specific location identification settings to pin-point keyword search volume in a specified city and state like Columbia, Missouri. These key phrases that you identify and begin to target will be the same group of keywords that you analyze in PRT. Another useful tool is the search info, this indicates how many searches occur monthly in your area and if it’s seasonal, trending, or a constant stream of search queries.
Identifying locally searched key terms is valuable to anyone trying to rank in Missouri.
Columbia Off Page SEO
Modern Influence Logo
Modern Influence Image
SEO pricing is strongly based on competition of keywords and location. Before we focus on enhancing your rankings we need to gain a better understanding of the keywords and search volume of the relevant terms in your vertical. This requires us to perform some keyword research before we give you a monthly quote for SEO. Complete the form below to get started with our free keyword research.