Off Site Optimization
Off site optimization refers to other web properties and the inbound links coming from those properties. These links are called backlinks. The referring web site can be another blog or company site, a social property like Youtube, a citation, or blog comment linking back to your property. There are other ways of getting referral links, but these are common methods and are typically easy to get.
• Link Outreach – Most likely you have done business with another business that has a website, or you have friends or networking connections that have sites. Take the time to reach out to any of these connections in Columbia and ask them to post an article about you or your services on there. My suggestion is that you create it to save them the time. Be sure to include a back link and return the favor to them by linking to their page from your property. Also note, if they have a Google verified address in Columbia and you are wanting to rank for a local Columbia service term, that will be a positive geo relevance factor.
• Social Sites – By setting up social profiles like Instagram, G+, Youtube, and Flickr you have the ability to link out to your site from the user profile. You can also send links out from a post within these platforms. Lots of ways to send links, just need to get creative.
• Citations – Citations are a legitimate way to get a referral link. Building business profiles within local directories like Yelp, Cheap FlightsGoogle Maps, Yellowpages, or foursquare will give you the opportunity to not only create a local presence in Columbia, South Carolina on those profiles but to also backlink to your web page from that profile.
• User Comments – I have experienced personal success finding sites on the web that were topical to our site and leaving a comment on them with a link back to my site. Don’t be a spammer, locate an topical article, comment and engage the community, and leave a backlink in your comment that links back to your page. That is a comment link.
Software For Off Site SEO
There are other options to the Webmaster tools that Google provides, there are many other tools that assist you with monitoring internet traffic, authority links, backlinks, page rankings, and other analytic tools. Maintaining the healthy condition of your property and maintaining a clean back link profile is a must for ranking. Here are a few of those software interfaces and some info on how they will assist you with your off site optimization.
• MOZ Open Site Explorer – (https://moz.com/) – The Moz Open Site Explorer allows you to inspect backlinks, find link building opportunities, locate unwanted backlinks, check on a web sites domain authority, and page authority. Moz developed other useful tools that are irreplaceable for optimization. Take a look at MOZ local (metrics specific to Columbia and the surrounding areas) and the arsenal of limited but free SEO dashboards for you SEO’s that are just getting your feet wet.
Domain Authority and Page Authority are important metrics in the SEO world. Use this tool to check the metrics on your site.
• SEM Rush – (https://www.semrush.com/)- This is a must have tool for monitoring your web sites SEO. For those of you running an SEO business, this subscription also allows you to maintain and track any changes with a businesses online presence. Many of the tools provided in this dashboard are keyword position tracking, web site audits, social media managment, profile monitoring, backlink audits, lead generation management, keyword rank analytics, domain analytics, and much more.
Tracking keywords and web traffic are very important features in SEM Rush.
• Ahrefs (https://ahrefs.com/) – Another very impressive interface that gives you the opportunity to manage the condition of your website. The tools made available on Ahrefs are identical to those seen on SEM Rush, but there are many specialized tools that make Ahrefs a must get subscription for anyone optimizing sites. Ahrefs has a website explorer, content explorer, keyword research tool, batch overviews, referral link explorer, and more.
The link profile explorer is a great tool used for locating back links pointing to your website. This is useful for discovering good and bad backlinks.
• PRT – (https://proranktracker.com/) – PRT is an online based SEO software tool that is primarily used to follow the rankings of specific key words and URLS. Software such as this is needed to monitor movement and/or spot a drop in rankings. For individuals looking to manage SEO for their clients, Pro Rank Tracker is a very affordable option in the industry.
Ranking metrics refer to keyword position movement in the SERPS. The red values seen represent a drop in keyword rankings while the green values displayed indicate a spike in keyword rankings.
• Keyword Tool – (http://keywordtool.io/) – This tool is useful for finding key terms that you want to rank your page for. You can choose specific location settings to uncover keyword search volume in a specified city and state like Columbia, South Carolina. These key words that you find and begin to target will be the same keywords that you track in PRT. Another useful feature is the search graph, this identifies how many searches occur monthly in your area and if it’s seasonal, trending, or a consistent search volume.
finding locally searched phrases is beneficial for anyone trying to rank in South Carolina.
Columbia Off Page SEO
Modern Influence Logo
Modern Influence Image
SEO pricing is strongly based on competition of keywords and location. Before we focus on enhancing your rankings we need to gain a better understanding of the keywords and search volume of the relevant terms in your vertical. This requires us to perform some keyword research before we give you a monthly quote for SEO. Complete the form below to get started with our free keyword research.