Off Page SEO
Off site SEO refers to other sites and the inbound links coming from those pages. These links are called backlinks. The referring web property can be another blog or business, a social property like Pinterest, a citation, or social comment linking back to you. There are many other means of getting referral links, but these are common and are typically easy to get.
• Link Outreach – There is a chance you have done business with another business that has a site, or you have an acquaintance or networking partners that have a business site. Take the time to reach out to any of these people in Columbia and ask them to post an article about you or your company on there. My recommendation is that you produce it to save them the inconvenience. Be sure to include a page and return the favor to them by building a link to their website from your site. Also note, if they have a Google verified address in Columbia and you are wanting to rank for a local Columbia service term, that will be a positive geo relevance factor.
• Social Platforms – By setting up social accounts like Instagram, Twitter, Youtube, and Reddit you have an opportunity to link out to your web page from the account profile. You can also link out from a post within these platforms. Lots of ways to send links, just need to get creative.
• Citations – Citations are a fantastic way to create a an inbound link. Creating profiles within local directories like Yelp, Cheap FlightsGoogle Maps, Yellowpages, or foursquare will allow you the chance to not only build a local presence in Columbia, Tennessee on those platforms but to also send links back to your web page from that property.
• Comments – We have had personal success searching for sites on the web that were topical to our site and leaving a comment on them with a link back to my site. Don’t be a spammer, search for an relevant blog post, leave a comment and engage with the online community, then leave a link in your comment that points back to your website. That is a comment link.
Subscription Based Tools For Off Page SEO
In addition to the optimization tools that Google offers, there are plenty of other utilities that assist you with monitoring site traffic, referral traffic, backlinks, rankings, and many other analytics. Guarding the healthy condition of your web page and maintaining a clean back link profile is absolutely necessary for ranking your property. Here are a few of those subscriptions and some info on how they will help you with your off site optimization.
• Open Site Explorer – (https://moz.com/) – The Moz OSE allows you to inspect back links, discover linking opportunities, locate suspicious referral links, check a websites domain authority, and page authority. MOZ developed other useful tools that are irreplaceable for SEO. Check out Moz local (metrics specific to Columbia and the surrounding neighborhoods) and the arsenal of free to use SEO optimization software interfaces for you guys that are just getting started.
DA and Page Authority are very important metrics in the SEO arena. Use this tool to monitor the metrics on your web site.
• SEM Rush – (https://www.semrush.com/)- This is a great tool for managing your websites SEO. For people managing an SEO agency, this subscription allows you to orchestrate and track sudden changes with a businesses online presence. Many of the service software provided in this dashboard are position tracking, web site audits, social tracking, brand monitoring, outbound link audits, lead generation management, keyword search analytics, domain metrics, and lots more.
Tracking keyword positions and site traffic are really important tools in SEM Rush.
• Ahrefs (https://ahrefs.com/) – A very impressive piece of software that gives you the opportunity to manage the condition of your website. The features made available within Ahrefs are identical to those available on SEM Rush, but there are some specialized tools that have made Ahrefs a must get resource for any SEO agency. Ahrefs includes a site explorer, content crawler, keyword research tool, batch analytics, inbound link explorer, and lots more.
The backlink profile explorer is an awesome piece of software used for locating back links pointing to your website. This is useful for discovering good and bad backlinks.
• Pro Rank Tracker – (https://proranktracker.com/) – PRT is an online based SEO software tool that is primarily used to follow the movement of unique key words and URLS. A tool like this is required to gauge movement and/or identify a dip in the SERPS. For people looking to monitor SEO for their clients, Pro Rank Tracker is an affordable option.
Ranking statistics indicate keyword position movement in the SERPS. The red values indicate a drop in keyword rankings while the green values show a spike in keyword rankings.
• Keyword Tool – (http://keywordtool.io/) – This tool is effective for locating key terms that you want rank your site for. You can configure geo specific location identification settings to discover search volume in a specific city and state like Columbia, Tennessee. These key terms that you identify and begin targeting will be the same group of keywords that you track in PRT. Another helpful feature is the search volume info, this shows how many searches occur monthly in your area and if it’s seasonal, trending, or a consistent search queries.
Identifying locally searched key terms is beneficial to anyone trying to rank in Tennessee.
Columbia Off Page SEO
Modern Influence Logo
Modern Influence Image
SEO pricing is strongly based on competition of keywords and location. Before we focus on enhancing your rankings we need to gain a better understanding of the keywords and search volume of the relevant terms in your vertical. This requires us to perform some keyword research before we give you a monthly quote for SEO. Complete the form below to get started with our free keyword research.