Off Site SEO
Off page optimization refers to other web properties and the links coming from those sites. Those links are called backlinks. The referring web site can be another blog or business website, a social property like Twitter, a citation, or social comment linking back to your page. There are other ways of getting referral links, but these are common methods and usually simple to get.
• Link Outreach – Most likely you have done business with a business that has a site, or you have an acquaintance or networking connections that have sites. Take the time to reach out to anyone of these associates in Columbus and ask them to post an article about you or your services on there. My recommendation is that you create it to save them the inconvenience. Be sure to give yourself a website and return the favor to them by creating a link to their website from yours. Also note, if they have a Google verified address in Columbus and you are wanting to rank for a local Columbus service term, that will be a positive geo relevance factor.
• Social Sites – By setting up social properties like Facebook, G+, Pinterest, and Reddit you have an opportunity to send no follow links to your web page from the user profile. You can also create links from a post within these properties. Lots of ways to create links, just gotta get creative.
• Citations – Citations are a great way to get a link. Creating profiles in local directories like Yelp, Cheap FlightsGoogle Maps, Yellowpages, or foursquare will give you the chance to not only create a local presence in Columbus, Georgia on those platforms but to also link back to your site from that profile.
• Social Comments – We have experienced personal success searching for blogs on the web that were topical to our page and leaving a comment on them with a link back to my site. Without being a spammer, locate an relevant blog post, leave a comment and engage the community, and leave a signature in your comment that refers back to your web page. That my friends is a backlink.
Subscription Based Tools For Off Page SEO
There are other options to the tools that Google provides, there are plenty of other utilities that help you monitor internet traffic, authority links, referral links, page rankings, and other analytics. Guarding the healthy condition of your site and keeping a authoritative backlink profile is absolutely necessary for ranking your site. Here are a few of the tools and some information on how they can assist you with your off page SEO.
• Open Site Explorer – (https://moz.com/) – MOZ OSE allows you to research inbound links, find linking opportunities, locate bad back links, check a sites domain authority, and page authority. MOZ also offers other useful tools that are proven useful for SEO. Check out Moz local (metrics exclusive to Columbus and the surrounding areas) and the arsenal of limited but free optimization tools for you SEO’s that are just getting off the ground.
Domain Authority and Page Authority are very important metrics in SEO. You can use this site to evaluate the metrics on your site.
• SEM Rush – (https://www.semrush.com/)- This is a great piece of software for maintaining your web sites optimization. For folks managing an SEO agency, this tool also allows you to orchestrate and track sudden changes with a clients online property. Some of the tools provided through this dashboard are position tracking, site audits, social media managment, brand monitoring, inbound link audits, lead generation management, keyword rank analytics, domain metrics, and much more.
Tracking keyword rankings and site traffic are really important features in SEM Rush.
• Ahrefs (https://ahrefs.com/) – One very impressive piece of software that allows you to manage the condition of your website. Most of the features made available on Ahrefs are a lot like those seen on SEM Rush, but there are many unique tools that make Ahrefs a must get resource for anyone optimizing sites. Ahrefs includes a site explorer, content explorer, keyword explorer, batch overviews, inbound link explorer, and lots more.
The referral link profile explorer is an awesome tool we use for discovering links referring to your web site. This is useful for locating good and bad back links.
• PRT – (https://proranktracker.com/) – PRT is an online based SEO software subscription that is most commonly used to track the movement of individual key words and URLS. Software such as this is needed to gauge movement and/or recognize a dip in the SERPS. For individuals looking to manage SEO for clients, PRT is a pretty affordable industry option.
Ranking statistics indicate keyword position fluxuation in the SERPS. The red values represent a drop in rankings while the green values show a jump in keyword rankings.
• Keyword Tool – (http://keywordtool.io/) – This tool is great for finding key phrases that you want to rank for. You can choose geo specific location identification settings to discover search volume in a specific city and state like Columbus, Georgia. These key words that you locate and begin to target will be the same group of keywords that you monitor in PRT. Another helpful feature is the search volume graph, this identifies how much search occurs monthly in your area and if it’s seasonal, trending, or a constant stream of search volume.
finding locally searched key terms is helpful to anyone trying to rank in Georgia.
Columbus Off Page SEO
Modern Influence Logo
Modern Influence Image
SEO pricing is strongly based on competition of keywords and location. Before we focus on enhancing your rankings we need to gain a better understanding of the keywords and search volume of the relevant terms in your vertical. This requires us to perform some keyword research before we give you a monthly quote for SEO. Complete the form below to get started with our free keyword research.