Off Site Optimization
Off page SEO refers to other web sites and the referral links coming from those pages. These links are called backlinks. The referring web property can be another blog or business, a social property like Twitter, a citation, or blog comment linking back to your property. There are many other means of receiving backlinks, but these are common methods and usually easy to get.
• Link Outreach – You have probablyI’m sure you have done business with a company that has a site, or you have an acquaintance or networking associates that have websites. Take the time to reach out to anyone of these associates in Columbus and ask them to include an article about you or your services on there. My suggestion is that you create it to save them the hassle. Be sure to give yourself a link back and return the favor to them by linking to their page from your web page. Also note, if they have a Google verified address in Columbus and you are wanting to rank for a local Columbus service term, that will be a positive geo relevance factor.
• Social Networks – By setting up social accounts like Instagram, G+, Youtube, and Flickr you have an opportunity to link out to your property from the user profile. You can also send links out from a post within these properties. Lots of ways to create links, just need to get creative.
• Citations – Citations are a great way to create a referral link. Setting up business profiles within local directories like Yelp, Cheap FlightsGoogle Maps, Yellowpages, or foursquare will provide you with the chance to not only create a local presence in Columbus, Indiana on those platforms but to also backlink to your web page from that property.
• Blog Comments – We have had personal success finding articles on the web that were relevant to our page and commenting on them with a backlink to our webpage. Without being a spammer, find an topical web page, leave a comment and engage with the online community, and leave a URL in your comment that links back to your website. That is a comment link.
Tools For Off Page SEO
In addition to the optimization tools that Google makes available, there are plenty of other dashboards that help you monitor traffic, referral traffic, referral links, rankings, and many other analytics. Keeping an eye on the healthy condition of your site and maintaining a authoritative referral link profile is absolutely necessary for ranking your site. Here are some of the interfaces and some information on how they can assist you with your off page optimization.
• MOZ Open Site Explorer – (https://moz.com/) – MOZ Open Site Explorer allows you to inspect back links, find linking opportunities, discover bad links, check a web sites domain authority, and page authority. MOZ also offers other useful tools that are proven useful for optimization. Check out Moz local (metrics specific to Columbus and the surrounding areas) and their arsenal of limited but free optimization dashboards for those of you that are just getting your feet wet.
Domain Authority and PA are important metrics in the SEO arena. You can use this tool to monitor the metrics on your website.
• SEM Rush – (https://www.semrush.com/)- This is a must have piece of software for monitoring your websites SEO. For individuals running an SEO business, this subscription allows you to maintain and track sudden changes with a businesses online profile. Most of the service software provided in this interface are position tracking, site audits, social media managment, profile monitoring, outbound link audits, lead generation management, keyword rank analytics, domain analytics, and lots more.
Tracking keyword rankings and traffic are super important features in SEM Rush.
• Ahrefs (https://ahrefs.com/) – A very useful tool that gives you the opportunity to monitor the condition of your site. Many of the tools available on Ahrefs are identical to those found on SEM Rush, but there are really unique tools that have made Ahrefs a must get resource for anyone optimizing sites. Ahrefs includes a website explorer, content explorer, keyword explorer, batch analytics, inbound link explorer, and more.
The link profile explorer is an awesome tool used for locating referral links referring to your web site. This is helpful for finding good and bad back links.
• PRT – (https://proranktracker.com/) – PRT is an online based SEO software subscription that is most commonly used to track the rankings of specific key words and URLS. Software like this is required to gauge progress and/or spot a drop in rankings. For businesses looking to manage the SEO for clients, PRT is a pretty affordable industry option.
Ranking details indicate position movement in the SERPS. The red values represent a dip in rankings while the green values seen show a spike in rankings.
• Keyword Tool – (http://keywordtool.io/) – This software tool is great for identifying keywords that you want rank your page for. You can configure geo-specific location settings to locate search volume in a specified city and state like Columbus, Indiana. These key phrases that you find and begin targeting will be the same keywords that you analyze in PRT. Another helpful tool is the search chart, this shows how much search occurs monthly in your area and if it’s seasonal, trending, or a constant stream of search volume.
finding locally searched keywords is beneficial to anyone trying to rank in Indiana.
Columbus Off Page SEO
Modern Influence Logo
Modern Influence Image
SEO pricing is strongly based on competition of keywords and location. Before we focus on enhancing your rankings we need to gain a better understanding of the keywords and search volume of the relevant terms in your vertical. This requires us to perform some keyword research before we give you a monthly quote for SEO. Complete the form below to get started with our free keyword research.