Off Site Optimization
Off page optimization refers to other web properties and the inbound links coming from them. These links are called backlinks. The referring page can be another blog or business, a social property like Youtube, a citation, or social comment linking back to your page. There are many other ways of receiving referral links, but these are common and usually easy to get.
• Link Outreach – There is a chance you have done business with another business that has a website, or you have friends or networking associates that have personal site. Take the time to reach out to anyone of these associates in Columbus and ask them to post an article about you or your products on it. My suggestion is that you produce it to save them the hassle. Be sure to create a property and return the favor to them by linking to their website from your property. Also note, if they have a Google verified address in Columbus and you are wanting to rank for a local Columbus service term, that will be a positive geo relevance factor.
• Social Properties – By setting up social profiles like Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Flickr you have the ability to link out to your website from the user profile. You can also send links out from a post within these platforms. Lots of ways to link, just gotta get creative.
• Citations – Citations are a great way to build a backlink. Setting up business profiles in local directories like Yelp, Cheap FlightsGoogle Maps, Yellowpages, or foursquare will allow you the opportunity to not only have a local presence in Columbus, Mississippi on those platforms but to also link back to your web page from that property.
• User Comments – We have had personal success finding sites on the internet that were relevant to our site and leaving a comment on them with a link back to my site. Without being a spammer, locate an relevant web page, leave a comment and engage with the community, then leave a backlink in your comment that links back to your web page. That is a comment link.
Tools For Off Page SEO
There are other options to the optimization tools that Google provides, there are many other utilities that assist you with monitoring site traffic, authority links, referral links, rankings, and many other analytic tools. Monitoring the healthy condition of your web page and maintaining a nice referral link profile is a must for ranking. Here are a few of the dashboards and some basic info on how they can help you with your off site optimization.
• Open Site Explorer – (https://moz.com/) – The Moz OSE allows you to inspect back links, discover link outreach opportunities, locate negative backlinks, check a websites domain authority, and page authority. Moz also offers other tools that are must haves for optimization. Check out Moz local (metrics exclusive to Columbus and the surrounding neighborhoods) and the arsenal of limited but free optimization dashboards for you guys that are just getting off the ground.
Domain Authority and PA are very important metrics in the SEO world. Use this tool to evaluate the health on your web site.
• SEM Rush – (https://www.semrush.com/)- This is an amazing piece of software for managing your websites SEO. For individuals running an SEO organization, this software allows you to monitor and keep track of sudden changes with a businesses online profile. Some of the services provided through this dashboard are position tracking, website audits, social management, profile monitoring, inbound link audits, lead gen management, keyword rank analytics, domain analytics, and lots more.
Tracking keyword positions and site traffic are really important features in SEM Rush.
• Ahrefs (https://ahrefs.com/) – A very efficient piece of software that gives you the opportunity to monitor the condition of your site. The features available on Ahrefs are very similar to those found on SEM Rush, but there are really unique tools that have made Ahrefs a must get subscription for any SEO agency. Ahrefs includes a website explorer, content crawler, keyword research tool, batch overviews, referral link explorer, and lots more.
The backlink profile explorer is an awesome piece of software we use for locating inbound links directing to your site. This is useful for identifying good and bad backlinks.
• PRT – (https://proranktracker.com/) – PRT is a subscription based SEO software subscription that is mostly used to track the movement of unique keywords and URL strings. A tool like this is required to gauge movement and/or identify a dip in the SERPS. For businesses looking to manage SEO for their clients, PRT is a very affordable industry option.
Ranking stats refer to keyword position movement in the SERPS. The red values seen represent a drop in keyword rankings while the green values seen indicate a jump in keyword rankings.
• Keyword Tool – (http://keywordtool.io/) – This tool is great for locating key phrases that you want to rank your site for. You can customize geo specific location settings to discover keyword search volume in a specific city and state like Columbus, Mississippi. These key words that you find and begin to target will be the same group of keywords that you track in Pro Rank Tracker. Another useful tool is the search chart, this identifies how much search occurs monthly in your area and if it’s seasonal, trending, or a constant stream of search volume.
finding locally searched keywords is valuable to anyone trying to rank in Mississippi.
Columbus Off Page SEO
Modern Influence Logo
Modern Influence Image
SEO pricing is strongly based on competition of keywords and location. Before we focus on enhancing your rankings we need to gain a better understanding of the keywords and search volume of the relevant terms in your vertical. This requires us to perform some keyword research before we give you a monthly quote for SEO. Complete the form below to get started with our free keyword research.