Off Site Optimization
Off site SEO refers to other pages and the links coming from those pages. These links are called backlinks. The referring web site can be another blog or business website, a social property like Facebook, a citation, or article comment linking back to your site. There are many other ways of getting authority backlinks, but these are common and are typically easy to get.
• Link Outreach – There is a chance you have done business with a business that has a site, or you have an acquaintance or networking connections that have sites. Take the time to reach out to one of these individuals in Columbus and ask them to feature an article about you or your products on the site. My suggestion is that you create it to save them the hassle. Be sure to create a property and return the favor to them by linking to their site from your property. Also note, if they have a Google verified address in Columbus and you are wanting to rank for a local Columbus service term, that will be a positive geo relevance factor.
• Social – By setting up social accounts like Facebook, G+, Youtube, and Flickr you have the ability to send links to your website from the account profile. You can also create links from a post within these properties. Lots of ways to link out, just need to get creative.
• Citations – Citations are a legitimate way to build a referral link. Setting up business profiles in directories like Yelp, Cheap FlightsGoogle Maps, Yellowpages, or foursquare will provide you with the chance to not only have a local presence in Columbus, Nebraska on those profiles but to also send links back to your website from that profile.
• Comments – I have experienced personal success locating blogs on the web that were relevant to our page and leaving a comment on them with a link back to my site. Do not be a spammer, find an topical blog post, comment and engage with the community, then leave a URL in your comment that points back to your site. That is a backlink.
Off Site SEO Tools
In addition to the tools that Google makes available, there are other dashboards that assist you with monitoring internet traffic, referral traffic, referral links, rankings, and other analytics. Maintaining the healthy condition of your web page and keeping a nice link profile is a must for ranking. Here are some of those subscriptions and some info on how they can assist you with your off page SEO.
• Open Site Explorer – (https://moz.com/) – The Moz OSE allows you to locate referral links, discover link building opportunities, find suspicious links, check a websites domain authority, and page authority. MOZ provides other useful tools that are must haves for optimization. Take a look at Moz local (metrics exclusive to Columbus and the surrounding areas) and the arsenal of limited but free SEO dashboards for you SEO’s that are just getting started.
DA and Page Authority are very important metrics in the SEO arena. Use this software to check the metrics on your website.
• SEM Rush – (https://www.semrush.com/)- This is a great tool for maintaining your websites optimization. For folks overseeing an SEO agency, this software also allows you to orchestrate and track any changes with a businesses online presence. Some of the service software provided in this interface are position tracking, site audits, social management, profile monitoring, inbound link audits, lead generation management, keyword analytics, domain metrics, and much more.
Tracking keyword rankings and traffic are very important features in SEM Rush.
• Ahrefs (https://ahrefs.com/) – A very impressive interface that gives you the opportunity to manage the condition of your site. The features made available within Ahrefs are similar to those available on SEM Rush, but there are many specialized tools that have made Ahrefs a must get subscription for any SEO. Ahrefs includes a site explorer, content explorer, keyword explorer, batch analytics, referral link explorer, and lots more.
The referral link profile explorer is an awesome tool used for locating inbound links referring to your website. This is useful for locating good and bad back links.
• PRT – (https://proranktracker.com/) – PRT is a subscription based SEO software tool that is primarily used to track the movement of individual key words and URL strings. A tool such as this is required to monitor movement and/or identify a dip in the SERPS. For agencies looking to monitor the SEO for clients, PRT is a very affordable option in the industry.
Ranking details refer to position movement in the SERPS. The red values indicate a drop in rankings while the green values represent an increase in rankings.
• Keyword Tool – (http://keywordtool.io/) – This software tool is useful for identifying key terms that you want rank for. You can customize geo specific location settings to discover keyword search volume in a specified city and state like Columbus, Nebraska. These keywords that you find and begin to target will be the same keywords that you analyze in Pro Rank Tracker. Another helpful feature is the search volume chart, this identifies how much search occurs monthly in your area and if it’s seasonal, trending, or a constant stream of search queries.
Identifying locally searched key terms is beneficial to anyone trying to rank in Nebraska.
Columbus Off Page SEO
Modern Influence Logo
Modern Influence Image
SEO pricing is strongly based on competition of keywords and location. Before we focus on enhancing your rankings we need to gain a better understanding of the keywords and search volume of the relevant terms in your vertical. This requires us to perform some keyword research before we give you a monthly quote for SEO. Complete the form below to get started with our free keyword research.