Off Page Optimization
Off page optimization refers to other pages and the links coming from those sites. These links are called backlinks. The referring property can be another blog or company site, a social property like Facebook, a citation, or blog comment linking back to your page. There are other means of receiving referral links, but these are common and are typically easy to get.
• Link Outreach – You have probablyI’m sure you have done business with a company that has a website, or you have an acquaintance or networking partners that have websites. Simply reach out to any of these people in Columbus and ask them to include an article about you or your company on there. My suggestion is that you create it to save them the inconvenience. Be sure to include a back link and return the favor to them by linking to their page from your property. Also note, if they have a Google verified address in Columbus and you are wanting to rank for a local Columbus service term, that will be a positive geo relevance factor.
• Social Media – By setting up social foundations like Instagram, G+, Pinterest, and Flickr you have an opportunity to link out to your website from the account profile. You can also send links out from a post within these properties. Lots of ways to link, just need to get creative.
• Citations – Citations are a fantastic way to produce a backlink. Building profiles within directories like Yelp, Cheap FlightsGoogle Maps, Yellowpages, or foursquare will provide you with the chance to not only build a local presence in Columbus, Ohio on those profiles but to also send nofollow backlinks to your site from that profile.
• Social Comments – We have experienced personal success finding blogs on the internet that were relevant to our site and leaving a comment on them with a backlink to our webpage. Do not be a spammer, search for an interesting article, leave a comment and engage the community, and leave a link in your comment that links back to your site. That is a comment link.
Off Site SEO Software Tools
In addition to the tools that Google makes available, there are other dashboards that help you monitor internet traffic, referral traffic, referral links, rankings, and other analytic tools. Monitoring the health of your web property and maintaining a clean referral link profile is essential for ranking your site. Here are some of those subscriptions and some basic information on how they will help you with your off site optimization.
• MOZ Open Site Explorer – (https://moz.com/) – The Moz Open Site Explorer allows you to locate inbound links, discover link building opportunities, find unwanted backlinks, check on a websites domain authority, and page authority. MOZ developed other tools that are must haves for SEO. Check out MOZ local (metrics specific to Columbus and the surrounding cities) and their arsenal of free to use SEO optimization software interfaces for you SEO’s that are just getting established.
DA and Page Authority are important metrics in the SEO arena. You can use this software to monitor the health on your website.
• SEM Rush – (https://www.semrush.com/)- This is an amazing tool for maintaining your web sites SEO. For people managing an SEO business, this tool also allows you to orchestrate and track changes with a businesses online profile. Some of the tools provided through this dashboard are position tracking, website audits, social management, brand monitoring, backlink audits, lead generation management, keyword analytics, domain metrics, and lots more.
Tracking keywords and web traffic are very important tools in SEM Rush.
• Ahrefs (https://ahrefs.com/) – Another very efficient piece of software that allows you to monitor the condition of your site. Many of the tools available on Ahrefs are very similar to those available on SEM Rush, but there are very specialized tools that make Ahrefs a must get tool for any SEO. Ahrefs includes a website explorer, content crawler, keyword research tool, batch analytics, referral link explorer, and more.
The link profile explorer is an awesome piece of software we use for locating links pointing to your site. This is useful for discovering good and bad back links.
• PRT – (https://proranktracker.com/) – Pro Rank Tracker is an online based SEO software tool that is mostly used to track the rankings of unique keywords and URL strings. A tool such as this is required to monitor progress and/or identify a dip in the SERPS. For people looking to monitor SEO for their clients, PRT is a very affordable industry option.
Ranking metrics refer to keyword position movement in the SERPS. The red values seen represent a dip in keyword rankings while the green values indicate a jump in keyword rankings.
• Keyword Tool – (http://keywordtool.io/) – This tool is great for identifying keywords that you want to rank your site for. You can configure geo-specific location identification settings to uncover search volume in a specified city and state like Columbus, Ohio. These key words that you find and begin to target will be the same group of keywords that you track in PRT. Another helpful feature is the search graph, this shows how many searches occur monthly in your area and if it’s seasonal, trending, or a constant stream of search queries.
finding locally searched terms is helpful to anyone trying to rank in Ohio.
Columbus Off Page SEO
Modern Influence Logo
Modern Influence Image
SEO pricing is strongly based on competition of keywords and location. Before we focus on enhancing your rankings we need to gain a better understanding of the keywords and search volume of the relevant terms in your vertical. This requires us to perform some keyword research before we give you a monthly quote for SEO. Complete the form below to get started with our free keyword research.