Off Page Optimization
Off page SEO refers to other sites and the inbound links coming from those pages. These links are called backlinks. The referring page can be another blog or business website, a social property like Youtube, a citation, or social comment linking back to you. There are many other ways of receiving referral links, but these are common methods and usually simple to obtain.
• Link Outreach – There is a chance you have done business with another business that has a website, or you have friends or networking partners that have websites. Just reach out to anyone of these individuals in Commerce and ask them to include an article about you or your products on it. My suggestion is that you write it to save them the hassle. Be sure to give yourself a web page and return the favor to them by linking to their site from your web page. Also note, if they have a Google verified address in Commerce and you are wanting to rank for a local Commerce service term, that will be a positive geo relevance factor.
• Social Networks – By setting up social profiles like Instagram, G+, Pinterest, and Reddit you have an opportunity to send links to your property from the user profile. You can also link out from a post within these platforms. Lots of ways to create links, just gotta get creative.
• Citations – Citations are a legitimate way to create a an inbound link. Creating business profiles within local directories like Yelp, Cheap FlightsGoogle Maps, Yellowpages, or foursquare will provide you with the chance to not only have a local presence in Commerce, California on those profiles but to also backlink to your website from that profile.
• Comments – I have experienced personal success finding blogs on the internet that were topical to our site and commenting on them with a link back to my site. Don’t be a spammer, locate an topical blog post, comment and engage with the online community, then leave a signature in your comment that links back to your page. That is a backlink.
Tools For Off Page SEO
In addition to the Webmaster tools that Google makes available, there are other utilities that assist you with monitoring traffic, authority links, backlinks, page rankings, and other analytics. Maintaining the healthy condition of your web site and maintaining a clean referral link profile is absolutely necessary for ranking your property. Here are some of the software interfaces and some information on how they will assist you with your off page optimization.
• MOZ OSE – (https://moz.com/) – MOZ OSE allows you to inspect back links, find linking opportunities, locate bad backlinks, check on a sites domain authority, and page authority. Moz provides other tools that are proven useful for agencies. Check out Moz local (metrics specific to Commerce and the surrounding cities) and the plethora of limited but free optimization dashboards for you guys that are just getting started.
DA and Page Authority are important metrics in SEO. Use this site to monitor the health on your website.
• SEM Rush – (https://www.semrush.com/)- This is a must have piece of software for managing your sites optimization. For people overseeing an SEO business, this tool allows you to maintain and track changes with a clients online property. Many of the services provided in this interface are keyword position tracking, web site audits, social management, profile monitoring, backlink audits, lead generation management, keyword analytics, domain metrics, and more.
Tracking keywords and referral traffic are really important features in SEM Rush.
• Ahrefs (https://ahrefs.com/) – A very useful piece of software that allows you to monitor the condition of your site. Most of the tools available within Ahrefs are a lot like those seen on SEM Rush, but there are some unique tools that have made Ahrefs a must have tool for anyone optimizing sites. Ahrefs includes a site explorer, content crawler, keyword explorer, batch overviews, inbound link explorer, and much more.
The link profile explorer is a great piece of software we use for identifying referral links referring to your site. This is helpful for identifying good and bad links.
• PRT – (https://proranktracker.com/) – PRT is an online based SEO software subscription that is most commonly used to monitor the rankings of individual key words and URLS. A tool like this is needed to monitor progress and/or identify a drop in the SERPS. For businesses looking to manage SEO for clients, Pro Rank Tracker is a pretty affordable option in the industry.
Ranking stats indicate keyword position movement in the SERPS. The red values seen indicate a dip in keyword rankings while the green values displayed show a jump in rankings.
• Keyword Tool – (http://keywordtool.io/) – This tool is effective for finding key terms that you want to rank your site for. You can choose specific location settings to pin-point search volume in a specified city and state like Commerce, California. These keywords that you locate and begin targeting will be the same keywords that you analyze in PRT. Another useful feature is the search graph, this shows how many searches occur monthly in your area and if it’s seasonal, trending, or a consistent search volume.
finding locally searched keywords is helpful for anyone trying to rank in California.
Commerce Off Page SEO
Modern Influence Logo
Modern Influence Image
SEO pricing is strongly based on competition of keywords and location. Before we focus on enhancing your rankings we need to gain a better understanding of the keywords and search volume of the relevant terms in your vertical. This requires us to perform some keyword research before we give you a monthly quote for SEO. Complete the form below to get started with our free keyword research.