Off Page SEO
Off site optimization refers to other web sites and the referral links coming from those pages. These links are called backlinks. The referring web site can be another blog or company site, a social property like Twitter, a citation, or article comment linking back to you. There are other means of getting backlinks, but these are common methods and usually easy to get.
• Link Outreach – Most likely you have done business with another company that has a website, or you have an acquaintance or networking partners that have personal site. Take the time to reach out to any of these people in Compton and ask them to feature an article about you or your business on the site. My recommendation is that you write it to save them the inconvenience. Be sure to give yourself a web page and return the favor to them by creating a link to their website from your site. Also note, if they have a Google verified address in Compton and you are wanting to rank for a local Compton service term, that will be a positive geo relevance factor.
• Social Properties – By setting up social profiles like Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Flickr you have an opportunity to send links to your property from the user profile. You can also send links out from a post within these platforms. Lots of ways to link, just gotta get creative.
• Citations – Citations are a fantastic way to get a referral link. Building profiles in directories like Yelp, Cheap FlightsGoogle Maps, Yellowpages, or foursquare will provide you with the opportunity to not only build a local presence in Compton, California on those profiles but to also link back to your web page from that profile.
• User Comments – I have experienced personal success searching for sites on the internet that were relevant to our website and leaving a comment on them with a backlink to our webpage. Without being a spammer, search for an interesting blog post, leave a comment and engage the online community, and leave a link in your comment that links back to your web page. That my friends is a backlink.
Software For Off Site SEO
In addition to the SEO tools that Google provides, there are many other utilities that help you monitor traffic, referral traffic, backlinks, page rankings, and many other analytic tools. Guarding the health of your web site and keeping a nice back link profile is absolutely necessary for ranking your property. Here are a few of those tools and some basic information on how they will help you with your off site SEO.
• Open Site Explorer – (https://moz.com/) – MOZ OSE allows you to locate referral links, find link building opportunities, find unwanted back links, check a sites domain authority, and page authority. Moz developed other useful tools that are proven useful for optimization. Check out MOZ local (metrics exclusive to Compton and the surrounding cities) and their plethora of free SEO tools for you SEO’s that are just getting your feet wet.
Domain Authority and Page Authority are important metrics in SEO. Use this site to check the health on your web site.
• SEM Rush – (https://www.semrush.com/)- This is an amazing piece of software for monitoring your sites SEO. For people managing an SEO business, this software allows you to maintain and track changes with a clients online profile. Most of the tools offered in this dashboard are position tracking, website audits, social tracking, profile monitoring, link audits, lead generation management, keyword search analytics, domain health, and lots more.
Tracking keywords and traffic are very important tools in SEM Rush.
• Ahrefs (https://ahrefs.com/) – Another very impressive tool that allows you to manage the condition of your web site. Most of the features made available within Ahrefs are similar to those seen on SEM Rush, but there are very unique tools that have made Ahrefs a must have resource for anyone optimizing sites. Ahrefs has a site explorer, content crawler, keyword research tool, batch overviews, backlink explorer, and lots more.
The link profile explorer is a great piece of software used for locating referral links pointing to your website. This is useful for locating good and bad backlinks.
• PRT – (https://proranktracker.com/) – PRT is an online based SEO software dashboard that is mostly used to monitor the movement of unique keywords and URL strings. A tool such as this is needed to monitor progress and/or spot a drop in the SERPS. For people looking to manage SEO for clients, Pro Rank Tracker is a pretty affordable industry option.
Ranking stats refer to keyword position movement in the SERPS. The red values seen represent a drop in keyword rankings while the green values indicate a jump in keyword rankings.
• Keyword Tool – (http://keywordtool.io/) – This tool is great for identifying keywords that you want to rank your page for. You can configure geo-specific location identification settings to locate search volume in a specific city and state like Compton, California. These key terms that you find and begin to target will be the same group of keywords that you follow in PRT. Another useful tool is the search graph, this shows how many searches occur monthly in your area and if it’s seasonal, trending, or a consistent search volume.
finding locally searched keywords is helpful to anyone trying to rank in California.
Compton Off Page SEO
Modern Influence Logo
Modern Influence Image
SEO pricing is strongly based on competition of keywords and location. Before we focus on enhancing your rankings we need to gain a better understanding of the keywords and search volume of the relevant terms in your vertical. This requires us to perform some keyword research before we give you a monthly quote for SEO. Complete the form below to get started with our free keyword research.