Off Page SEO
Off site SEO refers to other web properties and the links coming from those sites. Those links are called backlinks. The referring web site can be another blog or company site, a social property like Instagram, a citation, or blog comment linking back to your page. There are many other ways of receiving backlinks, but these are common methods and usually simple to get.
• Link Outreach – Most likely you have done business with a company that has a website, or you have friends or networking partners that have sites. Just reach out to one of these associates in Corning and ask them to post an article about you or your company on there. My recommendation is that you write it to save them the time. Be sure to give yourself a back link and return the favor to them by linking to their page from your site. Also note, if they have a Google verified address in Corning and you are wanting to rank for a local Corning service term, that will be a positive geo relevance factor.
• Social Properties – By setting up social foundations like Instagram, G+, Pinterest, and Reddit you have an opportunity to send links to your site from the user profile. You can also create links from a post within these platforms. Lots of ways to send links, just gotta get creative.
• Citations – Citations are a fantastic way to build a link. Building profiles within directories like Yelp, Cheap FlightsGoogle Maps, Yellowpages, or foursquare will provide you with the chance to not only create a local presence in Corning, California on those platforms but to also link back to your site from that profile.
• User Comments – We have had personal success searching for blogs on the internet that were relevant to our site and leaving a comment on them with a backlink to our webpage. Do not be a spammer, find an interesting blog post, comment and engage with the online community, then leave a signature in your comment that points back to your site. That my friends is a backlink.
Off Site SEO Tools
In addition to the SEO tools that Google offers, there are plenty of other tools that help you monitor traffic, referral traffic, referral links, page rankings, and many other analytics. Monitoring the health of your site and keeping a nice backlink profile is a must for ranking. Here are some of the dashboards and some basic info on how they can help you with your off page optimization.
• MOZ OSE – (https://moz.com/) – The Moz Open Site Explorer allows you to research inbound links, find link outreach opportunities, discover malicious referral links, check on a web sites domain authority, and page authority. Moz also offers other tools that are must haves for SEO. Check out Moz local (metrics exclusive to Corning and the surrounding neighborhoods) and the arsenal of free to use SEO dashboards for those of you that are just getting established.
DA and PA are important metrics in SEO. Use this software to evaluate the metrics on your website.
• SEM Rush – (https://www.semrush.com/)- This is a great tool for maintaining your sites SEO. For those of you managing an SEO agency, this subscription allows you to orchestrate and track sudden changes with a clients online property. Many of the services provided in this dashboard are position tracking, web site audits, social media managment, profile monitoring, outbound link audits, lead generation management, keyword search analytics, domain health, and much more.
Tracking keywords and web traffic are really important tools in SEM Rush.
• Ahrefs (https://ahrefs.com/) – One very impressive piece of software that gives you the opportunity to manage the condition of your web site. Many of the features made available within Ahrefs are a lot like those found on SEM Rush, but there are very unique tools that have made Ahrefs a must get resource for anyone optimizing sites. Ahrefs has a site explorer, content explorer, keyword explorer, batch analytics, inbound link explorer, and more.
The link profile explorer is an awesome piece of software we use for discovering links referring to your site. This is useful for finding good and bad links.
• Pro Rank Tracker – (https://proranktracker.com/) – Pro Rank Tracker is an online based SEO software subscription that is primarily used to monitor the rankings of unique key words and URLS. A tool such as this is needed to gauge progress and/or spot a dip in the SERPS. For people looking to manage the SEO for their clients, PRT is an affordable option.
Ranking details refer to keyword position movement in the SERPS. The red values indicate a drop in keyword rankings while the green values represent a spike in rankings.
• Keyword Tool – (http://keywordtool.io/) – This software tool is useful for locating key phrases that you want to rank your page for. You can customize geo-specific location settings to pin-point keyword search volume in a specified city and state like Corning, California. These keywords that you find and begin to target will be the same group of keywords that you analyze in PRT. Another helpful tool is the search volume chart, this shows how much search occurs monthly in your area and if it’s seasonal, trending, or a constant stream of search queries.
Identifying locally searched key terms is beneficial to anyone trying to rank in California.
Corning Off Page SEO
Modern Influence Logo
Modern Influence Image
SEO pricing is strongly based on competition of keywords and location. Before we focus on enhancing your rankings we need to gain a better understanding of the keywords and search volume of the relevant terms in your vertical. This requires us to perform some keyword research before we give you a monthly quote for SEO. Complete the form below to get started with our free keyword research.