Off Page Optimization
Off site SEO refers to other properties and the inbound links coming from them. Those links are called backlinks. The referring page can be another blog or company site, a social property like Pinterest, a citation, or article comment linking back to your page. There are many other means of getting referral links, but these are common methods and are typically easy to obtain.
• Link Outreach – There is a chance you have done business with someone else that has a website, or you have friends or networking associates that have sites. Take the time to reach out to any of these individuals in Corning and ask them to include an article about you or your company on it. My recommendation is that you produce it to save them the inconvenience. Be sure to create a back link and return the favor to them by linking to their website from yours. Also note, if they have a Google verified address in Corning and you are wanting to rank for a local Corning service term, that will be a positive geo relevance factor.
• Social – By setting up social foundations like Instagram, G+, Youtube, and Flickr you have the option to send links to your website from the user profile. You can also send links out from a post within these platforms. Lots of ways to link out, just gotta get creative.
• Citations – Citations are a fantastic way to get a referral link. Building profiles within local directories like Yelp, Cheap FlightsGoogle Maps, Yellowpages, or foursquare will allow you the opportunity to not only create a local presence in Corning, New York on those profiles but to also send nofollow backlinks to your site from that property.
• Blog Comments – I have had personal success searching for blogs on the web that were topical to our web page and commenting on them with a backlink to our webpage. Without being a spammer, find an relevant web page, comment and engage with the online community, then leave a link in your comment that points back to your site. That is a backlink.
Tools For Off Page SEO
In addition to the optimization tools that Google offers, there are other utilities that assist you with monitoring internet traffic, referral traffic, backlinks, rankings, and other analytic tools. Keeping an eye on the health of your site and maintaining a nice backlink profile is essential for ranking your site. Here are a few of those interfaces and some basic info on how they can help you with your off site optimization.
• Open Site Explorer – (https://moz.com/) – MOZ OSE allows you to research inbound links, locate link building opportunities, find negative links, check a sites domain authority, and page authority. MOZ provides other tools that are irreplaceable for SEO. Take a look at Moz local (metrics exclusive to Corning and the surrounding areas) and their plethora of limited but free optimization tools for you guys that are just getting established.
Domain Authority and PA are important metrics in the SEO arena. Use this site to monitor the metrics on your web site.
• SEM Rush – (https://www.semrush.com/)- This is an amazing piece of software for managing your web sites optimization. For folks managing an SEO agency, this subscription allows you to orchestrate and keep track of changes with a clients online profile. Most of the services offered in this interface are keyword position tracking, website audits, social media managment, brand monitoring, link audits, lead generation management, keyword search analytics, domain analytics, and more.
Tracking keyword positions and web traffic are super important tools in SEM Rush.
• Ahrefs (https://ahrefs.com/) – One very useful tool that gives you the opportunity to monitor the condition of your web site. The tools made available on Ahrefs are identical to those found on SEM Rush, but there are some unique tools that make Ahrefs a must get subscription for any SEO. Ahrefs includes a site explorer, content crawler, keyword research tool, batch overviews, referral link explorer, and more.
The link profile explorer is a great tool used for discovering backlinks referring to your website. This is great for finding good and bad backlinks.
• PRT – (https://proranktracker.com/) – PRT is a subscription based SEO software subscription that is primarily used to track the movement of unique key words and URLS. Software like this is needed to monitor progress and/or recognize a drop in the SERPS. For people looking to monitor the SEO for their clients, PRT is a pretty affordable option in the industry.
Ranking metrics indicate position movement in the SERPS. The red values seen represent a drop in keyword rankings while the green values seen show an increase in rankings.
• Keyword Tool – (http://keywordtool.io/) – This tool is useful for identifying keywords that you want to rank your site for. You can choose specific location settings to uncover search volume in a specified city and state like Corning, New York. These key words that you locate and begin targeting will be the same group of keywords that you analyze in PRT. Another helpful feature is the search graph, this identifies how many searches occur monthly in your area and if it’s seasonal, trending, or a constant stream of search queries.
Identifying locally searched terms is helpful for anyone trying to rank in New York.
Corning Off Page SEO
Modern Influence Logo
Modern Influence Image
SEO pricing is strongly based on competition of keywords and location. Before we focus on enhancing your rankings we need to gain a better understanding of the keywords and search volume of the relevant terms in your vertical. This requires us to perform some keyword research before we give you a monthly quote for SEO. Complete the form below to get started with our free keyword research.