Off Page SEO
Off site SEO refers to other pages and the links coming from those properties. Those links are called backlinks. The referring page can be another blog or business, a social property like Youtube, a citation, or article comment linking back to your property. There are other ways of getting backlinks, but these are common and usually easy to obtain.
• Link Outreach – Most likely you have done business with someone else that has a site, or you have an acquaintance or networking connections that have a business site. Take the time to reach out to anyone of these people in Cortland and ask them to post an article about you or your products on the site. My recommendation is that you write it to save them the time. Be sure to give yourself a website and return the favor to them by creating a link to their website from yours. Also note, if they have a Google verified address in Cortland and you are wanting to rank for a local Cortland service term, that will be a positive geo relevance factor.
• Social Sites – By setting up social properties like Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, and Reddit you have the option to send no follow links to your site from the account profile. You can also create links from a post within these platforms. Lots of ways to link, just need to get creative.
• Citations – Citations are a great way to build a an inbound link. Creating business profiles in directories like Yelp, Cheap FlightsGoogle Maps, Yellowpages, or foursquare will provide you with the chance to not only create a local presence in Cortland, New York on those profiles but to also link back to your website from that property.
• User Comments – I have experienced personal success locating sites on the internet that were relevant to our page and commenting on them with a backlink to our webpage. Do not be a spammer, find an interesting blog post, comment and engage with the community, and leave a backlink in your comment that refers back to your site. That my friends is a backlink.
Tools For Off Page SEO
There are other options to the tools that Google provides, there are plenty of other tools that assist you with monitoring internet traffic, referral traffic, referral links, page rankings, and many other analytics. Monitoring the healthy condition of your web site and keeping a nice backlink profile is a must for ranking your site. Here are some of the dashboards and some basic information on how they will help you with your off page optimization.
• MOZ OSE – (https://moz.com/) – The Moz OSE allows you to locate inbound links, find linking opportunities, find negative referral links, check on a web sites domain authority, and page authority. MOZ provides other tools that are proven useful for SEO. Take a look at MOZ local (metrics exclusive to Cortland and the surrounding cities) and their arsenal of free to use SEO tools for those of you that are just getting started.
Domain Authority and Page Authority are important metrics in the SEO world. You can use this tool to monitor the metrics on your website.
• SEM Rush – (https://www.semrush.com/)- This is a great tool for managing your sites optimization. For those of you overseeing an SEO business, this tool also allows you to maintain and keep track of changes with a clients online property. Most of the services offered through this interface are position tracking, site audits, social management, profile monitoring, inbound link audits, lead generation management, keyword rank analytics, domain metrics, and lots more.
Tracking keyword rankings and web traffic are very important features in SEM Rush.
• Ahrefs (https://ahrefs.com/) – Another very impressive dashboard that gives you the opportunity to monitor the health of your site. Many of the features available on Ahrefs are identical to those seen on SEM Rush, but there are very unique tools that make Ahrefs a must have subscription for any SEO agency. Ahrefs has a website explorer, content crawler, keyword explorer, batch overviews, inbound link explorer, and much more.
The link profile explorer is a great piece of software we use for discovering back links referring to your web site. This is useful for identifying good and bad back links.
• Pro Rank Tracker – (https://proranktracker.com/) – Pro Rank Tracker is an online based SEO software subscription that is primarily used to track the movement of unique keywords and URLS. A tool like this is required to gauge progress and/or identify a dip in the SERPS. For businesses looking to monitor SEO for clients, Pro Rank Tracker is a very affordable option in the industry.
Ranking details refer to position fluxuation in the SERPS. The red values represent a dip in rankings while the green values displayed show a spike in keyword rankings.
• Keyword Tool – (http://keywordtool.io/) – This tool is great for identifying keywords that you want rank your property for. You can configure specific location settings to uncover keyword search volume in a specific city and state like Cortland, New York. These key words that you identify and begin targeting will be the same group of keywords that you follow in Pro Rank Tracker. Another useful feature is the search graph, this indicates how much search occurs monthly in your area and if it’s seasonal, trending, or a constant stream of search volume.
finding locally searched phrases is beneficial to anyone trying to rank in New York.
Cortland Off Page SEO
Modern Influence Logo
Modern Influence Image
SEO pricing is strongly based on competition of keywords and location. Before we focus on enhancing your rankings we need to gain a better understanding of the keywords and search volume of the relevant terms in your vertical. This requires us to perform some keyword research before we give you a monthly quote for SEO. Complete the form below to get started with our free keyword research.