Off Site Optimization
Off page optimization refers to other web sites and the links coming from those pages. These links are called backlinks. The referring property can be another blog or business, a social property like Youtube, a citation, or blog comment linking back to you. There are many other means of receiving referral links, but these are common and are typically easy to get.
• Link Outreach – There is a chance you have done business with a business that has a site, or you have an acquaintance or networking partners that have a business site. Simply reach out to anyone of these associates in Cortland and ask them to feature an article about you or your services on there. My recommendation is that you write it to save them the inconvenience. Be sure to include a property and return the favor to them by linking to their page from your property. Also note, if they have a Google verified address in Cortland and you are wanting to rank for a local Cortland service term, that will be a positive geo relevance factor.
• Social Media – By setting up social profiles like Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Flickr you have the ability to link out to your web page from the user profile. You can also send links out from a post within these properties. Lots of ways to link out, just need to get creative.
• Citations – Citations are a fantastic way to get a backlink. Setting up business profiles in local directories like Yelp, Cheap FlightsGoogle Maps, Yellowpages, or foursquare will give you the opportunity to not only have a local presence in Cortland, Ohio on those profiles but to also send nofollow backlinks to your web page from that property.
• User Comments – We have experienced personal success searching for articles on the internet that were topical to our website and leaving a comment on them with a link back to my site. Do not be a spammer, search for an relevant article, leave a comment and engage with the online community, then leave a signature in your comment that refers back to your page. That is a comment link.
Off Site SEO Software Tools
In addition to the SEO tools that Google provides, there are other tools that help you monitor traffic, referral traffic, backlinks, rankings, and many other analytic tools. Keeping an eye on the healthy condition of your property and keeping a authoritative backlink profile is a must for ranking. Here are some of the tools and some information on how they could assist you with your off site SEO.
• Open Site Explorer – (https://moz.com/) – The Moz OSE allows you to view back links, discover link outreach opportunities, discover unwanted links, check a sites domain authority, and page authority. MOZ also offers other tools that are must haves for agencies. Check out Moz local (metrics specific to Cortland and the surrounding cities) and the arsenal of free to use SEO tools for those of you that are just getting your feet wet.
DA and Page Authority are very important metrics in the SEO world. Use this site to evaluate the metrics on your site.
• SEM Rush – (https://www.semrush.com/)- This is a great piece of software for managing your sites SEO. For folks managing an SEO organization, this software allows you to maintain and keep track of any changes with a businesses online profile. Some of the service software provided through this interface are position tracking, web site audits, social tracking, brand monitoring, inbound link audits, lead gen management, keyword search analytics, domain metrics, and much more.
Tracking keyword positions and web traffic are very important features in SEM Rush.
• Ahrefs (https://ahrefs.com/) – Another very impressive tool that gives you the opportunity to manage the health of your site. Most of the tools made available within Ahrefs are similar to those available on SEM Rush, but there are many unique tools that make Ahrefs a must have resource for anyone optimizing sites. Ahrefs includes a site explorer, content explorer, keyword research tool, batch analytics, backlink explorer, and lots more.
The referral link profile explorer is a great piece of software used for identifying referral links referring to your site. This is great for finding good and bad backlinks.
• PRT – (https://proranktracker.com/) – Pro Rank Tracker is an online based SEO software subscription that is primarily used to track the rankings of individual keywords and URLS. Software such as this is required to gauge progress and/or identify a dip in the SERPS. For individuals looking to monitor the SEO for their clients, Pro Rank Tracker is an affordable option in the industry.
Ranking stats refer to keyword position movement in the SERPS. The red values indicate a dip in rankings while the green values displayed show a spike in keyword rankings.
• Keyword Tool – (http://keywordtool.io/) – This software tool is great for locating keywords that you want rank your property for. You can customize geo-specific location identification settings to locate search volume in a specific city and state like Cortland, Ohio. These key terms that you identify and begin targeting will be the same keywords that you follow in Pro Rank Tracker. Another helpful feature is the search volume info, this indicates how many searches occur monthly in your area and if it’s seasonal, trending, or a consistent search queries.
Identifying locally searched key terms is beneficial for anyone trying to rank in Ohio.
Cortland Off Page SEO
Modern Influence Logo
Modern Influence Image
SEO pricing is strongly based on competition of keywords and location. Before we focus on enhancing your rankings we need to gain a better understanding of the keywords and search volume of the relevant terms in your vertical. This requires us to perform some keyword research before we give you a monthly quote for SEO. Complete the form below to get started with our free keyword research.