Off Site Optimization
Off site optimization refers to other web properties and the referral links coming from those properties. Those links are called backlinks. The referring page can be another blog or company site, a social property like Instagram, a citation, or social comment linking back to your site. There are other means of getting referral links, but these are common methods and are typically simple to obtain.
• Link Outreach – There is a chance you have done business with a company that has a website, or you have friends or networking connections that have websites. Just reach out to one of these associates in Costa Mesa and ask them to feature an article about you or your company on it. My recommendation is that you produce it to save them the time. Be sure to create a website and return the favor to them by building a link to their page from your site. Also note, if they have a Google verified address in Costa Mesa and you are wanting to rank for a local Costa Mesa service term, that will be a positive geo relevance factor.
• Social Sites – By setting up social foundations like Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, and Reddit you have the ability to link out to your web page from the user profile. You can also send links out from a post within these platforms. Lots of ways to link, just gotta get creative.
• Citations – Citations are a legitimate way to create a link. Creating profiles within local directories like Yelp, Cheap FlightsGoogle Maps, Yellowpages, or foursquare will provide you with the opportunity to not only have a local presence in Costa Mesa, California on those platforms but to also send nofollow backlinks to your website from that property.
• User Comments – We have experienced personal success searching for articles on the internet that were relevant to our web page and commenting on them with a backlink to our webpage. Don’t be a spammer, search for an topical web page, comment and engage the online community, and leave a link in your comment that points back to your page. That is a backlink.
Off Site SEO Software Tools
In addition to the optimization tools that Google makes available, there are other tools that assist you with monitoring internet traffic, referral traffic, backlinks, rankings, and other analytic tools. Monitoring the health of your site and keeping a authoritative back link profile is a must for ranking. Here are a few of those dashboards and some basic info on how they can assist you with your off page SEO.
• MOZ Open Site Explorer – (https://moz.com/) – MOZ Open Site Explorer allows you to locate backlinks, locate linking opportunities, find unwanted links, check on a websites domain authority, and page authority. Moz also offers other tools that are irreplaceable for SEO. Check out Moz local (metrics exclusive to Costa Mesa and the surrounding areas) and the plethora of free optimization optimization software interfaces for those of you that are just getting started.
DA and PA are important metrics in SEO. You can use this software to evaluate the health on your web site.
• SEM Rush – (https://www.semrush.com/)- This is a must have piece of software for managing your sites SEO. For those of you overseeing an SEO organization, this tool allows you to maintain and keep track of any changes with a clients online property. Many of the services offered in this interface are position tracking, web site audits, social tracking, profile monitoring, inbound link audits, lead gen management, keyword analytics, domain analytics, and lots more.
Tracking keyword positions and referral traffic are really important tools in SEM Rush.
• Ahrefs (https://ahrefs.com/) – A very impressive piece of software that gives you the opportunity to monitor the condition of your web site. Many of the features made available within Ahrefs are identical to those found on SEM Rush, but there are many unique tools that make Ahrefs a must have resource for anyone optimizing sites. Ahrefs includes a website explorer, content crawler, keyword research tool, batch overviews, inbound link explorer, and more.
The backlink profile explorer is a great piece of software we use for discovering inbound links pointing to your site. This is useful for discovering good and bad back links.
• Pro Rank Tracker – (https://proranktracker.com/) – PRT is a subscription based SEO software dashboard that is most commonly used to monitor the rankings of unique keywords and URLS. A tool such as this is required to gauge movement and/or identify a drop in rankings. For agencies looking to monitor SEO for their clients, PRT is an affordable industry option.
Ranking stats refer to position movement in the SERPS. The red values seen indicate a dip in rankings while the green values seen indicate a spike in keyword rankings.
• Keyword Tool – (http://keywordtool.io/) – This tool is effective for finding keywords that you want to rank your property for. You can customize specific location identification settings to discover keyword search volume in a specific city and state like Costa Mesa, California. These key phrases that you find and begin targeting will be the same keywords that you monitor in PRT. Another useful tool is the search volume info, this identifies how many searches occur monthly in your area and if it’s seasonal, trending, or a constant stream of search queries.
Identifying locally searched phrases is valuable to anyone trying to rank in California.
Costa Mesa Off Page SEO
Modern Influence Logo
Modern Influence Image
SEO pricing is strongly based on competition of keywords and location. Before we focus on enhancing your rankings we need to gain a better understanding of the keywords and search volume of the relevant terms in your vertical. This requires us to perform some keyword research before we give you a monthly quote for SEO. Complete the form below to get started with our free keyword research.