Off Site SEO
Off site optimization refers to other properties and the inbound links coming from those pages. Those links are called backlinks. The referring web property can be another blog or business website, a social property like Pinterest, a citation, or article comment linking back to your page. There are many other ways of getting backlinks, but these are common methods and are typically simple to obtain.
• Link Outreach – Most likely you have done business with a company that has a website, or you have an acquaintance or networking partners that have personal site. Just reach out to anyone of these connections in Cotati and ask them to feature an article about you or your products on there. My suggestion is that you write it to save them the hassle. Be sure to give yourself a website and return the favor to them by creating a link to their website from yours. Also note, if they have a Google verified address in Cotati and you are wanting to rank for a local Cotati service term, that will be a positive geo relevance factor.
• Social Platforms – By setting up social accounts like Instagram, G+, Youtube, and Flickr you have the option to send no follow links to your website from the user profile. You can also link out from a post within these properties. Lots of ways to link out, just need to get creative.
• Citations – Citations are a great way to produce a referral link. Creating profiles in directories like Yelp, Cheap FlightsGoogle Maps, Yellowpages, or foursquare will allow you the opportunity to not only have a local presence in Cotati, California on those profiles but to also link back to your site from that profile.
• Blog Comments – I have had personal success locating blogs on the web that were topical to our website and leaving a comment on them with a backlink to our webpage. Without being a spammer, find an topical blog post, leave a comment and engage the community, then leave a link in your comment that links back to your site. That is a backlink.
Off Site SEO Software Tools
There are other options to the optimization tools that Google makes available, there are other dashboards that help you monitor traffic, authority links, backlinks, page rankings, and other analytic tools. Keeping an eye on the health of your site and keeping a clean referral link profile is essential for ranking your site. Here are a few of the dashboards and some info on how they will assist you with your off site SEO.
• Open Site Explorer – (https://moz.com/) – MOZ Open Site Explorer allows you to view backlinks, find link building opportunities, locate negative referral links, check a web sites domain authority, and page authority. MOZ developed other useful tools that are proven useful for optimization. Check out MOZ local (metrics exclusive to Cotati and the surrounding neighborhoods) and the plethora of free to use optimization optimization software interfaces for you guys that are just getting started.
DA and Page Authority are important metrics in the SEO world. Use this software to monitor the metrics on your web site.
• SEM Rush – (https://www.semrush.com/)- This is an amazing tool for maintaining your web sites optimization. For folks managing an SEO organization, this tool also allows you to orchestrate and keep track of any changes with a clients online property. Many of the tools offered through this interface are keyword position tracking, site audits, social media managment, brand monitoring, inbound link audits, lead generation management, keyword search analytics, domain metrics, and lots more.
Tracking keyword positions and traffic are really important tools in SEM Rush.
• Ahrefs (https://ahrefs.com/) – One very efficient interface that gives you the opportunity to monitor the health of your web site. Most of the features made available within Ahrefs are similar to those seen on SEM Rush, but there are many specialized tools that make Ahrefs a must get resource for any SEO agency. Ahrefs includes a site explorer, content crawler, keyword explorer, batch analytics, backlink explorer, and much more.
The link profile explorer is a great tool we use for discovering inbound links pointing to your site. This is useful for finding good and bad backlinks.
• PRT – (https://proranktracker.com/) – Pro Rank Tracker is an online based SEO software subscription that is primarily used to monitor the movement of specific key words and URLS. A tool like this is required to monitor progress and/or identify a drop in rankings. For people looking to manage SEO for clients, PRT is a very affordable option in the industry.
Ranking details indicate keyword position fluxuation in the SERPS. The red values seen indicate a drop in keyword rankings while the green values displayed show a spike in rankings.
• Keyword Tool – (http://keywordtool.io/) – This tool is great for finding key terms that you want rank for. You can customize geo specific location settings to uncover keyword search volume in a specified city and state like Cotati, California. These key phrases that you find and begin to target will be the same group of keywords that you analyze in PRT. Another helpful feature is the search graph, this identifies how many searches occur monthly in your area and if it’s seasonal, trending, or a constant stream of search volume.
Identifying locally searched keywords is helpful for anyone trying to rank in California.
Cotati Off Page SEO
Modern Influence Logo
Modern Influence Image
SEO pricing is strongly based on competition of keywords and location. Before we focus on enhancing your rankings we need to gain a better understanding of the keywords and search volume of the relevant terms in your vertical. This requires us to perform some keyword research before we give you a monthly quote for SEO. Complete the form below to get started with our free keyword research.