Off Page Optimization
Off page optimization refers to other web properties and the inbound links coming from those sites. Those links are called backlinks. The referring web property can be another blog or company site, a social property like Facebook, a citation, or blog comment linking back to your property. There are other ways of receiving authority backlinks, but these are common and usually simple to get.
• Link Outreach – You have probablyI’m sure you have done business with another company that has a website, or you have an acquaintance or networking partners that have personal site. Just reach out to any of these people in Cottage Grove and ask them to include an article about you or your products on there. My recommendation is that you create it to save them the hassle. Be sure to create a web page and return the favor to them by building a link to their page from yours. Also note, if they have a Google verified address in Cottage Grove and you are wanting to rank for a local Cottage Grove service term, that will be a positive geo relevance factor.
• Social Platforms – By setting up social properties like Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Reddit you have the ability to send no follow links to your property from the user profile. You can also send links out from a post within these properties. Lots of ways to create links, just gotta get creative.
• Citations – Citations are a fantastic way to produce a backlink. Building profiles in directories like Yelp, Cheap FlightsGoogle Maps, Yellowpages, or foursquare will provide you with the chance to not only create a local presence in Cottage Grove, Minnesota on those profiles but to also backlink to your site from that profile.
• User Comments – We have had personal success locating articles on the web that were relevant to our page and commenting on them with a backlink to our webpage. Without being a spammer, locate an interesting article, leave a comment and engage the community, and leave a signature in your comment that refers back to your web page. That is a backlink.
Software Subscriptions For Off Page SEO
There are other options to the SEO tools that Google makes available, there are plenty of other utilities that help you monitor site traffic, authority links, referral links, page rankings, and many other analytic tools. Maintaining the health of your web site and keeping a authoritative link profile is absolutely necessary for ranking your site. Here are a few of those tools and some info on how they could help you with your off site optimization.
• MOZ Open Site Explorer – (https://moz.com/) – MOZ OSE allows you to inspect back links, locate link building opportunities, find bad referral links, check on a sites domain authority, and page authority. MOZ provides other tools that are proven useful for optimization. Check out Moz local (metrics specific to Cottage Grove and the surrounding areas) and their arsenal of limited but free SEO optimization software interfaces for those of you that are just getting started.
Domain Authority and PA are important metrics in the SEO arena. You can use this software to evaluate the metrics on your web site.
• SEM Rush – (https://www.semrush.com/)- This is a must have piece of software for managing your web sites SEO. For individuals overseeing an SEO agency, this software also allows you to orchestrate and keep track of any changes with a businesses online property. Most of the services offered through this interface are keyword position tracking, website audits, social management, brand monitoring, backlink audits, lead gen management, keyword search analytics, domain metrics, and lots more.
Tracking keywords and traffic are really important tools in SEM Rush.
• Ahrefs (https://ahrefs.com/) – A very efficient interface that gives you the opportunity to manage the condition of your web site. Most of the tools made available within Ahrefs are a lot like those seen on SEM Rush, but there are some specialized tools that have made Ahrefs a must get resource for any SEO. Ahrefs has a site explorer, content explorer, keyword research tool, batch overviews, inbound link explorer, and much more.
The referral link profile explorer is a great tool we use for identifying back links referring to your site. This is great for locating good and bad back links.
• PRT – (https://proranktracker.com/) – Pro Rank Tracker is a subscription based SEO software subscription that is most commonly used to follow the movement of specific keywords and URLS. A tool such as this is required to gauge movement and/or spot a drop in the SERPS. For agencies looking to manage the SEO for their clients, Pro Rank Tracker is a pretty affordable option.
Ranking metrics refer to position movement in the SERPS. The red values seen represent a dip in keyword rankings while the green values seen show a jump in rankings.
• Keyword Tool – (http://keywordtool.io/) – This tool is useful for finding keywords that you want rank your property for. You can configure geo-specific location identification settings to identify search volume in a specific city and state like Cottage Grove, Minnesota. These keywords that you identify and begin targeting will be the same group of keywords that you analyze in PRT. Another helpful tool is the search graph, this identifies how many searches occur monthly in your area and if it’s seasonal, trending, or a constant stream of search volume.
Identifying locally searched keywords is helpful for anyone trying to rank in Minnesota.
Cottage Grove Off Page SEO
Modern Influence Logo
Modern Influence Image
SEO pricing is strongly based on competition of keywords and location. Before we focus on enhancing your rankings we need to gain a better understanding of the keywords and search volume of the relevant terms in your vertical. This requires us to perform some keyword research before we give you a monthly quote for SEO. Complete the form below to get started with our free keyword research.