Off Page SEO
Off site optimization refers to other pages and the referral links coming from those properties. Those links are called backlinks. The referring web property can be another blog or business website, a social property like Facebook, a citation, or article comment linking back to you. There are other means of getting authority backlinks, but these are common and usually easy to obtain.
• Link Outreach – Most likely you have done business with another business that has a website, or you have friends or networking connections that have personal site. Simply reach out to one of these connections in Cottage Grove and ask them to include an article about you or your company on the site. My recommendation is that you write it to save them the time. Be sure to create a website and return the favor to them by linking to their page from yours. Also note, if they have a Google verified address in Cottage Grove and you are wanting to rank for a local Cottage Grove service term, that will be a positive geo relevance factor.
• Social Networks – By setting up social profiles like Instagram, G+, Youtube, and Reddit you have the ability to send no follow links to your web page from the account profile. You can also send links out from a post within these properties. Lots of ways to link, just gotta get creative.
• Citations – Citations are a legitimate way to build a referral link. Setting up profiles in directories like Yelp, Cheap FlightsGoogle Maps, Yellowpages, or foursquare will provide you with the chance to not only have a local presence in Cottage Grove, Oregon on those profiles but to also send links back to your web page from that property.
• Comments – We have experienced personal success locating blogs on the internet that were relevant to our web page and commenting on them with a backlink to our webpage. Do not be a spammer, locate an interesting article, comment and engage with the online community, then leave a signature in your comment that refers back to your page. That is a comment link.
Software For Off Site SEO
There are other options to the Webmaster tools that Google provides, there are plenty of other tools that help you monitor internet traffic, authority links, backlinks, page rankings, and many other analytic tools. Keeping an eye on the health of your property and maintaining a nice backlink profile is absolutely necessary for ranking your property. Here are a few of the subscriptions and some info on how they can assist you with your off page SEO.
• MOZ Open Site Explorer – (https://moz.com/) – MOZ OSE allows you to locate inbound links, locate link building opportunities, locate unwanted links, check on a sites domain authority, and page authority. MOZ developed other tools that are proven useful for agencies. Check out Moz local (metrics specific to Cottage Grove and the surrounding areas) and their plethora of limited but free SEO dashboards for those of you that are just getting your feet wet.
DA and PA are very important metrics in SEO. Use this tool to check the metrics on your site.
• SEM Rush – (https://www.semrush.com/)- This is an amazing piece of software for monitoring your sites optimization. For those of you overseeing an SEO business, this tool allows you to monitor and track any changes with a businesses online presence. Some of the service software provided in this dashboard are keyword position tracking, web site audits, social tracking, brand monitoring, inbound link audits, lead generation management, keyword rank analytics, domain metrics, and more.
Tracking keyword positions and traffic are super important features in SEM Rush.
• Ahrefs (https://ahrefs.com/) – Another very efficient dashboard that allows you to manage the condition of your web site. Most of the tools made available within Ahrefs are identical to those seen on SEM Rush, but there are really unique tools that make Ahrefs a must get resource for any SEO. Ahrefs has a website explorer, content crawler, keyword explorer, batch analytics, referral link explorer, and more.
The referral link profile explorer is a great piece of software we use for discovering links pointing to your website. This is useful for discovering good and bad links.
• Pro Rank Tracker – (https://proranktracker.com/) – Pro Rank Tracker is an online based SEO software tool that is primarily used to follow the rankings of individual keywords and URL strings. A tool such as this is required to gauge movement and/or recognize a dip in rankings. For businesses looking to monitor SEO for their clients, PRT is a very affordable option in the industry.
Ranking metrics indicate position movement in the SERPS. The red values seen indicate a drop in keyword rankings while the green values indicate a jump in keyword rankings.
• Keyword Tool – (http://keywordtool.io/) – This tool is great for locating key phrases that you want rank your page for. You can customize geo-specific location identification settings to pin-point keyword search volume in a specified city and state like Cottage Grove, Oregon. These key phrases that you identify and begin to target will be the same group of keywords that you track in Pro Rank Tracker. Another useful tool is the search graph, this indicates how many searches occur monthly in your area and if it’s seasonal, trending, or a constant stream of search volume.
finding locally searched phrases is helpful to anyone trying to rank in Oregon.
Cottage Grove Off Page SEO
Modern Influence Logo
Modern Influence Image
SEO pricing is strongly based on competition of keywords and location. Before we focus on enhancing your rankings we need to gain a better understanding of the keywords and search volume of the relevant terms in your vertical. This requires us to perform some keyword research before we give you a monthly quote for SEO. Complete the form below to get started with our free keyword research.