Off Page SEO
Off page optimization refers to other properties and the inbound links coming from them. Those links are called backlinks. The referring property can be another blog or business, a social property like Facebook, a citation, or article comment linking back to your site. There are other ways of receiving referral links, but these are common methods and usually easy to obtain.
• Link Outreach – Most likely you have done business with a company that has a site, or you have friends or networking partners that have sites. Take the time to reach out to one of these individuals in Cottage Grove village and ask them to feature an article about you or your company on the site. My recommendation is that you write it to save them the inconvenience. Be sure to include a website and return the favor to them by creating a link to their site from your web page. Also note, if they have a Google verified address in Cottage Grove village and you are wanting to rank for a local Cottage Grove village service term, that will be a positive geo relevance factor.
• Social – By setting up social foundations like Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, and Reddit you have an opportunity to link out to your website from the account profile. You can also send links out from a post within these properties. Lots of ways to link, just gotta get creative.
• Citations – Citations are a great way to build a an inbound link. Creating business profiles within local directories like Yelp, Cheap FlightsGoogle Maps, Yellowpages, or foursquare will provide you with the chance to not only create a local presence in Cottage Grove village, Wisconsin on those platforms but to also send nofollow backlinks to your website from that profile.
• User Comments – I have had personal success searching for sites on the web that were relevant to our website and commenting on them with a link back to my site. Do not be a spammer, locate an topical blog post, leave a comment and engage the online community, and leave a link in your comment that links back to your site. That is a backlink.
Subscription Based Tools For Off Page SEO
In addition to the optimization tools that Google offers, there are many other utilities that assist you with monitoring traffic, referral traffic, backlinks, rankings, and other analytic tools. Monitoring the health of your web site and maintaining a nice backlink profile is essential for ranking your site. Here are a few of the subscriptions and some basic information on how they will assist you with your off site optimization.
• MOZ OSE – (https://moz.com/) – MOZ Open Site Explorer allows you to inspect back links, find linking opportunities, locate malicious links, check on a websites domain authority, and page authority. Moz provides other useful tools that are irreplaceable for agencies. Check out MOZ local (metrics exclusive to Cottage Grove village and the surrounding neighborhoods) and the arsenal of free optimization optimization software interfaces for those of you that are just getting off the ground.
Domain Authority and PA are important metrics in the SEO world. You can use this tool to evaluate the metrics on your web site.
• SEM Rush – (https://www.semrush.com/)- This is a must have piece of software for maintaining your sites SEO. For folks running an SEO business, this software allows you to orchestrate and keep track of any changes with a businesses online presence. Many of the services offered in this dashboard are position tracking, site audits, social management, brand monitoring, link audits, lead generation management, keyword analytics, domain metrics, and lots more.
Tracking keyword positions and site traffic are really important tools in SEM Rush.
• Ahrefs (https://ahrefs.com/) – Another very useful interface that gives you the opportunity to monitor the condition of your site. The features made available on Ahrefs are identical to those found on SEM Rush, but there are many unique tools that have made Ahrefs a must get tool for any SEO agency. Ahrefs includes a site explorer, content explorer, keyword research tool, batch analytics, inbound link explorer, and lots more.
The link profile explorer is an awesome tool used for identifying back links directing to your website. This is useful for identifying good and bad back links.
• PRT – (https://proranktracker.com/) – PRT is an online based SEO software tool that is mostly used to track the rankings of individual key words and URL strings. Software like this is required to gauge progress and/or spot a drop in the SERPS. For businesses looking to monitor SEO for clients, PRT is a very affordable option.
Ranking stats indicate keyword position fluxuation in the SERPS. The red values seen represent a drop in rankings while the green values displayed represent a jump in rankings.
• Keyword Tool – (http://keywordtool.io/) – This tool is effective for finding key terms that you want rank for. You can choose specific location identification settings to discover search volume in a specific city and state like Cottage Grove village, Wisconsin. These key phrases that you identify and begin to target will be the same group of keywords that you follow in PRT. Another helpful tool is the search volume chart, this identifies how many searches occur monthly in your area and if it’s seasonal, trending, or a consistent search volume.
Identifying locally searched phrases is beneficial to anyone trying to rank in Wisconsin.
Cottage Grove village
Cottage Grove village Off Page SEO
Modern Influence Logo
Modern Influence Image
SEO pricing is strongly based on competition of keywords and location. Before we focus on enhancing your rankings we need to gain a better understanding of the keywords and search volume of the relevant terms in your vertical. This requires us to perform some keyword research before we give you a monthly quote for SEO. Complete the form below to get started with our free keyword research.