Off Site SEO
Off site SEO refers to other sites and the referral links coming from those sites. These links are called backlinks. The referring site can be another blog or business, a social property like Facebook, a citation, or social comment linking back to your page. There are many other ways of getting backlinks, but these are common and are typically easy to get.
• Link Outreach – There is a chance you have done business with another business that has a website, or you have friends or networking connections that have a business site. Take the time to reach out to one of these individuals in Cottonwood Heights and ask them to post an article about you or your services on it. My recommendation is that you write it to save them the time. Be sure to include a link back and return the favor to them by linking to their website from your site. Also note, if they have a Google verified address in Cottonwood Heights and you are wanting to rank for a local Cottonwood Heights service term, that will be a positive geo relevance factor.
• Social – By setting up social foundations like Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Reddit you have an opportunity to send no follow links to your property from the user profile. You can also send links out from a post within these properties. Lots of ways to link, just need to get creative.
• Citations – Citations are a legitimate way to build a referral link. Building business profiles in directories like Yelp, Cheap FlightsGoogle Maps, Yellowpages, or foursquare will provide you with the opportunity to not only build a local presence in Cottonwood Heights, Utah on those platforms but to also send links back to your page from that profile.
• Blog Comments – We have experienced personal success locating blogs on the web that were relevant to our page and commenting on them with a backlink to our webpage. Without being a spammer, locate an topical article, comment and engage the online community, and leave a signature in your comment that links back to your site. That my friends is a backlink.
Off Site SEO Software Tools
There are other options to the Webmaster tools that Google makes available, there are other tools that help you monitor site traffic, referral traffic, referral links, page rankings, and many other analytics. Keeping an eye on the healthy condition of your web property and maintaining a nice link profile is a must for ranking your property. Here are some of those interfaces and some basic information on how they can help you with your off page optimization.
• MOZ Open Site Explorer – (https://moz.com/) – The Moz OSE allows you to research back links, locate link building opportunities, find suspicious backlinks, check a websites domain authority, and page authority. MOZ also offers other useful tools that are proven useful for optimization. Take a look at MOZ local (metrics specific to Cottonwood Heights and the surrounding cities) and their plethora of free SEO optimization software interfaces for you guys that are just getting your feet wet.
DA and Page Authority are important metrics in the SEO world. You can use this tool to monitor the metrics on your web site.
• SEM Rush – (https://www.semrush.com/)- This is a must have tool for managing your websites SEO. For people overseeing an SEO organization, this software allows you to monitor and track changes with a clients online property. Most of the services offered in this dashboard are keyword position tracking, web site audits, social management, profile monitoring, inbound link audits, lead generation management, keyword analytics, domain health, and more.
Tracking keywords and referral traffic are super important tools in SEM Rush.
• Ahrefs (https://ahrefs.com/) – One very impressive dashboard that gives you the opportunity to monitor the health of your web site. Many of the tools made available within Ahrefs are a lot like those available on SEM Rush, but there are many specialized tools that have made Ahrefs a must get resource for any SEO. Ahrefs has a website explorer, content crawler, keyword explorer, batch overviews, inbound link explorer, and more.
The backlink profile explorer is a great tool used for locating inbound links referring to your web site. This is useful for locating good and bad links.
• Pro Rank Tracker – (https://proranktracker.com/) – Pro Rank Tracker is a subscription based SEO software dashboard that is most commonly used to monitor the rankings of specific keywords and URLS. A tool like this is required to gauge movement and/or recognize a drop in the SERPS. For individuals looking to monitor SEO for clients, Pro Rank Tracker is a pretty affordable option in the industry.
Ranking details indicate keyword position movement in the SERPS. The red values represent a drop in keyword rankings while the green values seen indicate an increase in rankings.
• Keyword Tool – (http://keywordtool.io/) – This tool is useful for locating key terms that you want rank your page for. You can customize geo-specific location identification settings to locate keyword search volume in a specific city and state like Cottonwood Heights, Utah. These key terms that you locate and begin targeting will be the same group of keywords that you track in PRT. Another useful feature is the search volume chart, this shows how much search occurs monthly in your area and if it’s seasonal, trending, or a consistent search volume.
Identifying locally searched terms is beneficial for anyone trying to rank in Utah.
Cottonwood Heights Off Page SEO
Modern Influence Logo
Modern Influence Image
SEO pricing is strongly based on competition of keywords and location. Before we focus on enhancing your rankings we need to gain a better understanding of the keywords and search volume of the relevant terms in your vertical. This requires us to perform some keyword research before we give you a monthly quote for SEO. Complete the form below to get started with our free keyword research.