Off Page SEO
Off site optimization refers to other web sites and the inbound links coming from those properties. Those links are called backlinks. The referring page can be another blog or company site, a social property like Facebook, a citation, or blog comment linking back to you. There are other means of receiving backlinks, but these are common methods and usually simple to obtain.
• Link Outreach – Most likely you have done business with someone else that has a site, or you have an acquaintance or networking partners that have personal site. Just reach out to any of these associates in Covington and ask them to post an article about you or your services on the site. My suggestion is that you create it to save them the hassle. Be sure to give yourself a back link and return the favor to them by creating a link to their website from your web page. Also note, if they have a Google verified address in Covington and you are wanting to rank for a local Covington service term, that will be a positive geo relevance factor.
• Social – By setting up social properties like Instagram, G+, Pinterest, and Reddit you have an opportunity to send no follow links to your property from the account profile. You can also send links out from a post within these properties. Lots of ways to create links, just need to get creative.
• Citations – Citations are a fantastic way to get a an inbound link. Building profiles in local directories like Yelp, Cheap FlightsGoogle Maps, Yellowpages, or foursquare will provide you with the opportunity to not only create a local presence in Covington, Kentucky on those profiles but to also send links back to your site from that property.
• Social Comments – I have had personal success searching for articles on the internet that were relevant to our site and commenting on them with a link back to my site. Do not be a spammer, search for an relevant web page, leave a comment and engage with the online community, and leave a URL in your comment that links back to your page. That is a comment link.
Off Site SEO Software Tools
In addition to the Webmaster tools that Google offers, there are plenty of other tools that assist you with monitoring internet traffic, authority links, backlinks, page rankings, and other analytic tools. Guarding the health of your site and keeping a clean backlink profile is a must for ranking. Here are some of the software interfaces and some basic information on how they could assist you with your off page SEO.
• MOZ Open Site Explorer – (https://moz.com/) – MOZ Open Site Explorer allows you to inspect inbound links, find link outreach opportunities, find negative back links, check on a sites domain authority, and page authority. Moz developed other useful tools that are proven useful for optimization. Check out MOZ local (metrics exclusive to Covington and the surrounding areas) and their plethora of limited but free optimization dashboards for you SEO’s that are just getting your feet wet.
Domain Authority and Page Authority are very important metrics in the SEO world. You can use this site to check the metrics on your website.
• SEM Rush – (https://www.semrush.com/)- This is a must have piece of software for managing your websites SEO. For folks running an SEO business, this tool allows you to maintain and track changes with a businesses online property. Most of the tools offered through this dashboard are keyword position tracking, web site audits, social management, profile monitoring, backlink audits, lead gen management, keyword rank analytics, domain health, and lots more.
Tracking keyword rankings and site traffic are very important tools in SEM Rush.
• Ahrefs (https://ahrefs.com/) – A very useful piece of software that allows you to monitor the condition of your website. Many of the features made available within Ahrefs are similar to those seen on SEM Rush, but there are very specialized tools that have made Ahrefs a must get subscription for anyone optimizing sites. Ahrefs includes a site explorer, content explorer, keyword research tool, batch analytics, referral link explorer, and more.
The backlink profile explorer is a great tool used for discovering inbound links pointing to your site. This is helpful for locating good and bad links.
• PRT – (https://proranktracker.com/) – Pro Rank Tracker is an online based SEO software tool that is most commonly used to follow the movement of unique keywords and URL strings. A tool like this is needed to gauge movement and/or recognize a dip in rankings. For people looking to manage SEO for their clients, PRT is a very affordable option.
Ranking stats indicate keyword position movement in the SERPS. The red values indicate a drop in rankings while the green values indicate a spike in keyword rankings.
• Keyword Tool – (http://keywordtool.io/) – This tool is useful for finding key terms that you want to rank for. You can choose specific location settings to locate search volume in a specified city and state like Covington, Kentucky. These key terms that you locate and begin targeting will be the same group of keywords that you follow in Pro Rank Tracker. Another useful feature is the search graph, this indicates how many searches occur monthly in your area and if it’s seasonal, trending, or a consistent search volume.
finding locally searched terms is valuable for anyone trying to rank in Kentucky.
Covington Off Page SEO
Modern Influence Logo
Modern Influence Image
SEO pricing is strongly based on competition of keywords and location. Before we focus on enhancing your rankings we need to gain a better understanding of the keywords and search volume of the relevant terms in your vertical. This requires us to perform some keyword research before we give you a monthly quote for SEO. Complete the form below to get started with our free keyword research.