Off Page SEO
Off page optimization refers to other web properties and the links coming from them. Those links are called backlinks. The referring property can be another blog or business, a social property like Youtube, a citation, or article comment linking back to your property. There are other ways of receiving backlinks, but these are common and usually easy to obtain.
• Link Outreach – There is a chance you have done business with another business that has a website, or you have an acquaintance or networking partners that have sites. Take the time to reach out to anyone of these people in Covington and ask them to feature an article about you or your company on it. My suggestion is that you create it to save them the time. Be sure to give yourself a web page and return the favor to them by creating a link to their page from your site. Also note, if they have a Google verified address in Covington and you are wanting to rank for a local Covington service term, that will be a positive geo relevance factor.
• Social Platforms – By setting up social properties like Instagram, G+, Pinterest, and Flickr you have an opportunity to send no follow links to your site from the user profile. You can also send links out from a post within these platforms. Lots of ways to create links, just gotta get creative.
• Citations – Citations are a great way to build a backlink. Setting up profiles in directories like Yelp, Cheap FlightsGoogle Maps, Yellowpages, or foursquare will provide you with the chance to not only create a local presence in Covington, Louisiana on those profiles but to also backlink to your page from that property.
• Social Comments – We have had personal success finding sites on the internet that were relevant to our website and commenting on them with a link back to my site. Don’t be a spammer, find an topical blog post, comment and engage with the community, and leave a URL in your comment that points back to your web page. That is a backlink.
Subscription Based Tools For Off Page SEO
There are other options to the optimization tools that Google provides, there are many other utilities that help you monitor traffic, referral traffic, referral links, page rankings, and other analytics. Maintaining the health of your web site and keeping a nice referral link profile is a must for ranking your property. Here are some of the software interfaces and some basic info on how they will help you with your off site optimization.
• MOZ Open Site Explorer – (https://moz.com/) – MOZ Open Site Explorer allows you to locate back links, locate linking opportunities, find bad referral links, check a web sites domain authority, and page authority. MOZ also offers other tools that are proven useful for optimization. Take a look at Moz local (metrics specific to Covington and the surrounding neighborhoods) and the plethora of free optimization optimization software interfaces for you guys that are just getting started.
DA and Page Authority are important metrics in the SEO arena. You can use this tool to evaluate the metrics on your web site.
• SEM Rush – (https://www.semrush.com/)- This is a great piece of software for monitoring your web sites SEO. For those of you managing an SEO business, this subscription also allows you to orchestrate and track any changes with a businesses online property. Most of the service software offered in this interface are keyword position tracking, web site audits, social media managment, brand monitoring, inbound link audits, lead generation management, keyword search analytics, domain metrics, and lots more.
Tracking keywords and site traffic are super important features in SEM Rush.
• Ahrefs (https://ahrefs.com/) – Another very impressive interface that allows you to manage the health of your site. The tools available on Ahrefs are a lot like those available on SEM Rush, but there are many specialized tools that have made Ahrefs a must get tool for any SEO. Ahrefs has a website explorer, content crawler, keyword research tool, batch overviews, referral link explorer, and more.
The link profile explorer is an awesome piece of software used for identifying inbound links directing to your web site. This is helpful for identifying good and bad backlinks.
• PRT – (https://proranktracker.com/) – Pro Rank Tracker is an online based SEO software tool that is mostly used to follow the rankings of specific key words and URLS. A tool like this is required to monitor progress and/or spot a dip in rankings. For people looking to monitor the SEO for clients, Pro Rank Tracker is an affordable option in the industry.
Ranking details indicate keyword position movement in the SERPS. The red values indicate a dip in rankings while the green values indicate a jump in keyword rankings.
• Keyword Tool – (http://keywordtool.io/) – This tool is useful for identifying keywords that you want to rank for. You can configure specific location settings to discover search volume in a specified city and state like Covington, Louisiana. These key terms that you locate and begin targeting will be the same group of keywords that you follow in PRT. Another helpful feature is the search info, this indicates how many searches occur monthly in your area and if it’s seasonal, trending, or a consistent search queries.
Identifying locally searched phrases is beneficial for anyone trying to rank in Louisiana.
Covington Off Page SEO
Modern Influence Logo
Modern Influence Image
SEO pricing is strongly based on competition of keywords and location. Before we focus on enhancing your rankings we need to gain a better understanding of the keywords and search volume of the relevant terms in your vertical. This requires us to perform some keyword research before we give you a monthly quote for SEO. Complete the form below to get started with our free keyword research.