Off Page Optimization
Off site optimization refers to other sites and the inbound links coming from those sites. Those links are called backlinks. The referring web property can be another blog or business website, a social property like Youtube, a citation, or article comment linking back to you. There are many other means of receiving backlinks, but these are common and are typically easy to obtain.
• Link Outreach – You have probablyI’m sure you have done business with someone else that has a website, or you have an acquaintance or networking connections that have personal site. Simply reach out to one of these people in Covington and ask them to feature an article about you or your services on the site. My suggestion is that you create it to save them the inconvenience. Be sure to create a property and return the favor to them by linking to their website from your property. Also note, if they have a Google verified address in Covington and you are wanting to rank for a local Covington service term, that will be a positive geo relevance factor.
• Social Properties – By setting up social accounts like Facebook, G+, Youtube, and Flickr you have the option to send links to your web page from the user profile. You can also create links from a post within these platforms. Lots of ways to create links, just need to get creative.
• Citations – Citations are a fantastic way to build a an inbound link. Creating profiles within local directories like Yelp, Cheap FlightsGoogle Maps, Yellowpages, or foursquare will provide you with the opportunity to not only have a local presence in Covington, Tennessee on those profiles but to also send links back to your site from that profile.
• Social Comments – I have experienced personal success finding blogs on the internet that were topical to our site and commenting on them with a backlink to our webpage. Don’t be a spammer, locate an relevant web page, comment and engage with the online community, and leave a link in your comment that refers back to your site. That my friends is a backlink.
Tools For Off Page SEO
In addition to the optimization tools that Google makes available, there are many other utilities that help you monitor internet traffic, authority links, referral links, page rankings, and many other analytics. Monitoring the health of your web site and maintaining a clean link profile is absolutely necessary for ranking your property. Here are a few of the subscriptions and some basic information on how they could assist you with your off page optimization.
• Open Site Explorer – (https://moz.com/) – MOZ OSE allows you to locate backlinks, locate linking opportunities, find unwanted links, check a websites domain authority, and page authority. MOZ also offers other useful tools that are irreplaceable for agencies. Check out Moz local (metrics specific to Covington and the surrounding cities) and the arsenal of free to use SEO dashboards for you SEO’s that are just getting your feet wet.
DA and PA are important metrics in SEO. Use this software to check the health on your web site.
• SEM Rush – (https://www.semrush.com/)- This is a great tool for monitoring your websites SEO. For folks managing an SEO business, this software allows you to maintain and track sudden changes with a businesses online presence. Most of the service software offered through this interface are position tracking, web site audits, social tracking, profile monitoring, outbound link audits, lead generation management, keyword rank analytics, domain analytics, and much more.
Tracking keyword rankings and referral traffic are super important tools in SEM Rush.
• Ahrefs (https://ahrefs.com/) – One very efficient interface that gives you the opportunity to manage the condition of your web site. Many of the features made available on Ahrefs are identical to those found on SEM Rush, but there are very unique tools that make Ahrefs a must get subscription for any SEO agency. Ahrefs has a site explorer, content explorer, keyword research tool, batch analytics, inbound link explorer, and more.
The backlink profile explorer is an awesome piece of software we use for locating inbound links pointing to your website. This is helpful for discovering good and bad backlinks.
• PRT – (https://proranktracker.com/) – Pro Rank Tracker is a subscription based SEO software dashboard that is mostly used to track the movement of specific key words and URL strings. A tool like this is required to monitor progress and/or spot a dip in the SERPS. For businesses looking to manage the SEO for clients, Pro Rank Tracker is a pretty affordable option in the industry.
Ranking details indicate keyword position fluxuation in the SERPS. The red values represent a drop in keyword rankings while the green values show a jump in keyword rankings.
• Keyword Tool – (http://keywordtool.io/) – This tool is useful for identifying key terms that you want rank your page for. You can configure specific location settings to locate keyword search volume in a specific city and state like Covington, Tennessee. These keywords that you identify and begin to target will be the same keywords that you track in Pro Rank Tracker. Another helpful feature is the search info, this shows how much search occurs monthly in your area and if it’s seasonal, trending, or a constant stream of search volume.
finding locally searched terms is valuable to anyone trying to rank in Tennessee.
Covington Off Page SEO
Modern Influence Logo
Modern Influence Image
SEO pricing is strongly based on competition of keywords and location. Before we focus on enhancing your rankings we need to gain a better understanding of the keywords and search volume of the relevant terms in your vertical. This requires us to perform some keyword research before we give you a monthly quote for SEO. Complete the form below to get started with our free keyword research.