Off Page Optimization
Off page optimization refers to other web sites and the links coming from those properties. Those links are called backlinks. The referring property can be another blog or company site, a social property like Facebook, a citation, or blog comment linking back to your page. There are many other ways of receiving backlinks, but these are common methods and usually easy to obtain.
• Link Outreach – You have probablyI’m sure you have done business with another company that has a site, or you have an acquaintance or networking connections that have websites. Just reach out to one of these connections in Covington and ask them to post an article about you or your products on there. My suggestion is that you write it to save them the time. Be sure to give yourself a website and return the favor to them by linking to their website from your site. Also note, if they have a Google verified address in Covington and you are wanting to rank for a local Covington service term, that will be a positive geo relevance factor.
• Social Platforms – By setting up social profiles like Instagram, G+, Youtube, and Flickr you have the ability to send links to your website from the user profile. You can also create links from a post within these platforms. Lots of ways to link out, just gotta get creative.
• Citations – Citations are a great way to create a link. Creating business profiles in directories like Yelp, Cheap FlightsGoogle Maps, Yellowpages, or foursquare will provide you with the opportunity to not only create a local presence in Covington, Virginia on those platforms but to also send links back to your page from that profile.
• Comments – We have had personal success finding sites on the internet that were relevant to our web page and leaving a comment on them with a backlink to our webpage. Do not be a spammer, locate an topical article, comment and engage the online community, then leave a signature in your comment that refers back to your page. That is a backlink.
Software Subscriptions For Off Page SEO
In addition to the SEO tools that Google offers, there are plenty of other tools that assist you with monitoring traffic, referral traffic, backlinks, rankings, and many other analytic tools. Maintaining the health of your web page and keeping a clean link profile is a must for ranking. Here are some of the tools and some basic information on how they will assist you with your off site SEO.
• MOZ OSE – (https://moz.com/) – MOZ Open Site Explorer allows you to locate inbound links, find link outreach opportunities, find bad back links, check a web sites domain authority, and page authority. MOZ developed other useful tools that are irreplaceable for SEO. Take a look at Moz local (metrics exclusive to Covington and the surrounding cities) and the arsenal of free to use SEO tools for those of you that are just getting started.
Domain Authority and PA are important metrics in the SEO world. Use this site to monitor the metrics on your website.
• SEM Rush – (https://www.semrush.com/)- This is a great piece of software for managing your web sites optimization. For those of you running an SEO business, this subscription allows you to monitor and track sudden changes with a businesses online profile. Some of the services offered in this dashboard are keyword position tracking, web site audits, social tracking, profile monitoring, link audits, lead gen management, keyword analytics, domain analytics, and lots more.
Tracking keywords and web traffic are super important tools in SEM Rush.
• Ahrefs (https://ahrefs.com/) – One very impressive tool that allows you to manage the condition of your website. The tools available within Ahrefs are a lot like those available on SEM Rush, but there are many specialized tools that have made Ahrefs a must have subscription for any SEO. Ahrefs has a site explorer, content crawler, keyword research tool, batch overviews, referral link explorer, and more.
The link profile explorer is an awesome tool we use for discovering links pointing to your website. This is useful for locating good and bad back links.
• PRT – (https://proranktracker.com/) – Pro Rank Tracker is a subscription based SEO software subscription that is primarily used to track the movement of individual key words and URLS. A tool like this is required to monitor movement and/or recognize a dip in rankings. For individuals looking to monitor the SEO for clients, PRT is an affordable option in the industry.
Ranking statistics refer to keyword position fluxuation in the SERPS. The red values indicate a dip in keyword rankings while the green values displayed indicate a jump in rankings.
• Keyword Tool – (http://keywordtool.io/) – This software tool is great for finding key terms that you want to rank your site for. You can configure specific location settings to discover keyword search volume in a specified city and state like Covington, Virginia. These keywords that you identify and begin to target will be the same group of keywords that you monitor in Pro Rank Tracker. Another useful tool is the search info, this identifies how much search occurs monthly in your area and if it’s seasonal, trending, or a constant stream of search volume.
Identifying locally searched terms is beneficial to anyone trying to rank in Virginia.
Covington Off Page SEO
Modern Influence Logo
Modern Influence Image
SEO pricing is strongly based on competition of keywords and location. Before we focus on enhancing your rankings we need to gain a better understanding of the keywords and search volume of the relevant terms in your vertical. This requires us to perform some keyword research before we give you a monthly quote for SEO. Complete the form below to get started with our free keyword research.