Off Site Optimization
Off page SEO refers to other properties and the links coming from them. These links are called backlinks. The referring site can be another blog or business website, a social property like Pinterest, a citation, or social comment linking back to your property. There are other means of getting authority backlinks, but these are common and usually simple to get.
• Link Outreach – There is a chance you have done business with someone else that has a site, or you have an acquaintance or networking connections that have a business site. Simply reach out to one of these associates in Covington and ask them to post an article about you or your products on it. My recommendation is that you write it to save them the time. Be sure to include a page and return the favor to them by linking to their website from your property. Also note, if they have a Google verified address in Covington and you are wanting to rank for a local Covington service term, that will be a positive geo relevance factor.
• Social Media – By setting up social properties like Instagram, G+, Youtube, and Flickr you have an opportunity to send links to your property from the account profile. You can also create links from a post within these platforms. Lots of ways to send links, just need to get creative.
• Citations – Citations are a legitimate way to get a link. Setting up profiles in directories like Yelp, Cheap FlightsGoogle Maps, Yellowpages, or foursquare will give you the chance to not only build a local presence in Covington, Washington on those profiles but to also backlink to your web page from that profile.
• Comments – I have had personal success searching for sites on the internet that were relevant to our web page and leaving a comment on them with a backlink to our webpage. Without being a spammer, locate an topical blog post, leave a comment and engage the community, then leave a signature in your comment that points back to your site. That is a backlink.
Software For Off Site SEO
In addition to the tools that Google offers, there are plenty of other utilities that help you monitor site traffic, referral traffic, backlinks, page rankings, and many other analytics. Maintaining the healthy condition of your property and keeping a nice link profile is a must for ranking your site. Here are some of those interfaces and some basic info on how they can help you with your off page optimization.
• Open Site Explorer – (https://moz.com/) – The Moz OSE allows you to research back links, find link outreach opportunities, discover malicious back links, check a web sites domain authority, and page authority. MOZ also offers other useful tools that are must haves for agencies. Check out MOZ local (metrics specific to Covington and the surrounding cities) and their arsenal of limited but free optimization optimization software interfaces for you guys that are just getting your feet wet.
Domain Authority and PA are very important metrics in SEO. Use this site to monitor the metrics on your site.
• SEM Rush – (https://www.semrush.com/)- This is a must have piece of software for managing your web sites SEO. For those of you overseeing an SEO agency, this subscription allows you to orchestrate and keep track of any changes with a businesses online property. Many of the tools provided through this interface are position tracking, website audits, social media managment, profile monitoring, outbound link audits, lead generation management, keyword analytics, domain metrics, and more.
Tracking keywords and traffic are very important tools in SEM Rush.
• Ahrefs (https://ahrefs.com/) – One very useful dashboard that allows you to monitor the health of your web site. Many of the features made available within Ahrefs are a lot like those seen on SEM Rush, but there are really unique tools that have made Ahrefs a must get subscription for anyone optimizing sites. Ahrefs includes a website explorer, content crawler, keyword research tool, batch overviews, referral link explorer, and much more.
The backlink profile explorer is a great piece of software used for discovering inbound links referring to your website. This is useful for locating good and bad links.
• PRT – (https://proranktracker.com/) – PRT is an online based SEO software dashboard that is primarily used to monitor the movement of unique key words and URLS. A tool like this is required to monitor movement and/or identify a dip in the SERPS. For businesses looking to monitor SEO for clients, PRT is a very affordable industry option.
Ranking statistics indicate keyword position movement in the SERPS. The red values seen represent a dip in rankings while the green values seen represent a jump in keyword rankings.
• Keyword Tool – (http://keywordtool.io/) – This tool is useful for identifying key terms that you want rank your site for. You can choose specific location identification settings to uncover keyword search volume in a specified city and state like Covington, Washington. These key terms that you locate and begin targeting will be the same group of keywords that you track in Pro Rank Tracker. Another useful feature is the search graph, this shows how many searches occur monthly in your area and if it’s seasonal, trending, or a consistent search queries.
finding locally searched key terms is valuable for anyone trying to rank in Washington.
Covington Off Page SEO
Modern Influence Logo
Modern Influence Image
SEO pricing is strongly based on competition of keywords and location. Before we focus on enhancing your rankings we need to gain a better understanding of the keywords and search volume of the relevant terms in your vertical. This requires us to perform some keyword research before we give you a monthly quote for SEO. Complete the form below to get started with our free keyword research.