Off Page SEO
Off site SEO refers to other sites and the referral links coming from those sites. Those links are called backlinks. The referring site can be another blog or company site, a social property like Twitter, a citation, or blog comment linking back to your site. There are other ways of receiving backlinks, but these are common methods and usually easy to obtain.
• Link Outreach – Most likely you have done business with another business that has a website, or you have friends or networking partners that have sites. Just reach out to one of these individuals in Crescent City and ask them to include an article about you or your business on it. My suggestion is that you create it to save them the time. Be sure to create a web page and return the favor to them by creating a link to their site from your site. Also note, if they have a Google verified address in Crescent City and you are wanting to rank for a local Crescent City service term, that will be a positive geo relevance factor.
• Social Platforms – By setting up social foundations like Facebook, G+, Youtube, and Reddit you have the ability to send no follow links to your web page from the user profile. You can also link out from a post within these platforms. Lots of ways to link, just gotta get creative.
• Citations – Citations are a great way to create a backlink. Building business profiles in directories like Yelp, Cheap FlightsGoogle Maps, Yellowpages, or foursquare will give you the opportunity to not only create a local presence in Crescent City, California on those profiles but to also backlink to your website from that property.
• User Comments – We have had personal success locating blogs on the web that were relevant to our site and leaving a comment on them with a link back to my site. Without being a spammer, find an topical blog post, comment and engage the community, then leave a backlink in your comment that refers back to your web page. That my friends is a backlink.
Software For Off Site SEO
There are other options to the optimization tools that Google offers, there are other tools that assist you with monitoring site traffic, authority links, referral links, page rankings, and many other analytics. Keeping an eye on the health of your site and keeping a nice link profile is a must for ranking your property. Here are a few of the dashboards and some basic info on how they can help you with your off page SEO.
• MOZ Open Site Explorer – (https://moz.com/) – The Moz OSE allows you to inspect backlinks, find link outreach opportunities, find unwanted referral links, check on a sites domain authority, and page authority. Moz also offers other tools that are proven useful for optimization. Take a look at MOZ local (metrics exclusive to Crescent City and the surrounding neighborhoods) and their plethora of limited but free SEO tools for you SEO’s that are just getting off the ground.
DA and PA are very important metrics in the SEO world. Use this tool to evaluate the health on your site.
• SEM Rush – (https://www.semrush.com/)- This is a great piece of software for managing your websites optimization. For those of you managing an SEO agency, this software also allows you to monitor and keep track of any changes with a businesses online profile. Most of the tools offered through this dashboard are position tracking, web site audits, social media managment, profile monitoring, backlink audits, lead generation management, keyword analytics, domain health, and lots more.
Tracking keyword positions and traffic are really important tools in SEM Rush.
• Ahrefs (https://ahrefs.com/) – Another very efficient tool that gives you the opportunity to manage the health of your site. The features available on Ahrefs are very similar to those found on SEM Rush, but there are some unique tools that make Ahrefs a must have resource for any SEO agency. Ahrefs has a website explorer, content explorer, keyword explorer, batch analytics, referral link explorer, and lots more.
The referral link profile explorer is a great piece of software used for identifying inbound links directing to your web site. This is helpful for identifying good and bad backlinks.
• PRT – (https://proranktracker.com/) – PRT is a subscription based SEO software dashboard that is primarily used to monitor the movement of specific key words and URLS. Software such as this is required to gauge progress and/or spot a drop in rankings. For businesses looking to monitor SEO for clients, PRT is a pretty affordable option.
Ranking details refer to keyword position fluxuation in the SERPS. The red values indicate a drop in keyword rankings while the green values seen represent a jump in rankings.
• Keyword Tool – (http://keywordtool.io/) – This software tool is great for finding key terms that you want rank your site for. You can customize specific location identification settings to locate search volume in a specified city and state like Crescent City, California. These key words that you identify and begin targeting will be the same group of keywords that you monitor in PRT. Another helpful tool is the search volume chart, this identifies how many searches occur monthly in your area and if it’s seasonal, trending, or a consistent search volume.
Identifying locally searched terms is valuable to anyone trying to rank in California.
Crescent City Off Page SEO
Modern Influence Logo
Modern Influence Image
SEO pricing is strongly based on competition of keywords and location. Before we focus on enhancing your rankings we need to gain a better understanding of the keywords and search volume of the relevant terms in your vertical. This requires us to perform some keyword research before we give you a monthly quote for SEO. Complete the form below to get started with our free keyword research.