Off Site Optimization
Off page optimization refers to other pages and the referral links coming from those pages. These links are called backlinks. The referring site can be another blog or company site, a social property like Youtube, a citation, or article comment linking back to your property. There are other ways of getting referral links, but these are common and are typically easy to get.
• Link Outreach – There is a chance you have done business with someone else that has a site, or you have friends or networking associates that have websites. Just reach out to one of these individuals in Crystal Lake and ask them to post an article about you or your services on the site. My suggestion is that you write it to save them the time. Be sure to include a web page and return the favor to them by creating a link to their page from your site. Also note, if they have a Google verified address in Crystal Lake and you are wanting to rank for a local Crystal Lake service term, that will be a positive geo relevance factor.
• Social – By setting up social foundations like Instagram, G+, Youtube, and Reddit you have the option to send links to your web page from the account profile. You can also create links from a post within these platforms. Lots of ways to link out, just need to get creative.
• Citations – Citations are a legitimate way to get a link. Setting up business profiles in local directories like Yelp, Cheap FlightsGoogle Maps, Yellowpages, or foursquare will give you the opportunity to not only create a local presence in Crystal Lake, Illinois on those platforms but to also send links back to your web page from that profile.
• Blog Comments – We have experienced personal success finding articles on the internet that were relevant to our site and commenting on them with a backlink to our webpage. Without being a spammer, search for an interesting web page, comment and engage the community, and leave a signature in your comment that refers back to your website. That is a comment link.
Tools For Off Page SEO
There are other options to the SEO tools that Google makes available, there are plenty of other tools that help you monitor internet traffic, referral traffic, backlinks, rankings, and many other analytics. Keeping an eye on the healthy condition of your web site and keeping a clean referral link profile is a must for ranking. Here are some of those interfaces and some info on how they could assist you with your off page SEO.
• MOZ Open Site Explorer – (https://moz.com/) – MOZ OSE allows you to research backlinks, find linking opportunities, locate bad links, check a web sites domain authority, and page authority. MOZ also offers other tools that are proven useful for agencies. Check out MOZ local (metrics specific to Crystal Lake and the surrounding areas) and the arsenal of free to use SEO dashboards for you SEO’s that are just getting established.
Domain Authority and PA are very important metrics in the SEO arena. You can use this software to check the health on your web site.
• SEM Rush – (https://www.semrush.com/)- This is a must have tool for managing your websites optimization. For those of you managing an SEO agency, this tool also allows you to orchestrate and keep track of sudden changes with a clients online property. Many of the services provided in this dashboard are keyword position tracking, website audits, social tracking, profile monitoring, inbound link audits, lead gen management, keyword analytics, domain metrics, and lots more.
Tracking keywords and site traffic are really important tools in SEM Rush.
• Ahrefs (https://ahrefs.com/) – One very impressive dashboard that gives you the opportunity to manage the condition of your web site. The tools made available on Ahrefs are a lot like those found on SEM Rush, but there are some unique tools that make Ahrefs a must get tool for anyone optimizing sites. Ahrefs includes a website explorer, content explorer, keyword research tool, batch analytics, inbound link explorer, and lots more.
The link profile explorer is an awesome piece of software used for discovering inbound links referring to your website. This is useful for discovering good and bad backlinks.
• Pro Rank Tracker – (https://proranktracker.com/) – PRT is a subscription based SEO software subscription that is most commonly used to follow the movement of specific keywords and URL strings. A tool like this is required to gauge progress and/or recognize a dip in the SERPS. For individuals looking to monitor the SEO for clients, PRT is an affordable option in the industry.
Ranking stats refer to keyword position movement in the SERPS. The red values seen represent a dip in rankings while the green values displayed represent a jump in rankings.
• Keyword Tool – (http://keywordtool.io/) – This software tool is useful for locating keywords that you want rank your property for. You can choose geo specific location identification settings to pin-point search volume in a specific city and state like Crystal Lake, Illinois. These key words that you find and begin to target will be the same group of keywords that you follow in PRT. Another helpful tool is the search graph, this identifies how many searches occur monthly in your area and if it’s seasonal, trending, or a consistent search volume.
Identifying locally searched keywords is beneficial for anyone trying to rank in Illinois.
Crystal Lake Off Page SEO
Modern Influence Logo
Modern Influence Image
SEO pricing is strongly based on competition of keywords and location. Before we focus on enhancing your rankings we need to gain a better understanding of the keywords and search volume of the relevant terms in your vertical. This requires us to perform some keyword research before we give you a monthly quote for SEO. Complete the form below to get started with our free keyword research.