Off Site Optimization
Off page optimization refers to other web properties and the inbound links coming from those sites. These links are called backlinks. The referring property can be another blog or business, a social property like Facebook, a citation, or article comment linking back to your property. There are other ways of getting referral links, but these are common and are typically easy to obtain.
• Link Outreach – There is a chance you have done business with a business that has a website, or you have an acquaintance or networking associates that have sites. Simply reach out to anyone of these people in Cumberland and ask them to feature an article about you or your business on there. My recommendation is that you create it to save them the inconvenience. Be sure to give yourself a page and return the favor to them by creating a link to their website from your site. Also note, if they have a Google verified address in Cumberland and you are wanting to rank for a local Cumberland service term, that will be a positive geo relevance factor.
• Social Platforms – By setting up social accounts like Instagram, G+, Pinterest, and Reddit you have the option to link out to your website from the account profile. You can also send links out from a post within these platforms. Lots of ways to create links, just need to get creative.
• Citations – Citations are a great way to create a backlink. Building business profiles within directories like Yelp, Cheap FlightsGoogle Maps, Yellowpages, or foursquare will provide you with the opportunity to not only build a local presence in Cumberland, Indiana on those profiles but to also send nofollow backlinks to your page from that profile.
• Comments – We have had personal success locating articles on the internet that were relevant to our page and commenting on them with a backlink to our webpage. Do not be a spammer, find an interesting web page, leave a comment and engage with the community, then leave a backlink in your comment that refers back to your website. That my friends is a backlink.
Tools For Off Page SEO
In addition to the tools that Google provides, there are other tools that assist you with monitoring traffic, referral traffic, referral links, rankings, and other analytics. Monitoring the health of your site and maintaining a nice link profile is absolutely necessary for ranking your site. Here are a few of those software interfaces and some basic information on how they will help you with your off page optimization.
• MOZ Open Site Explorer – (https://moz.com/) – MOZ Open Site Explorer allows you to research back links, locate linking opportunities, discover bad referral links, check a web sites domain authority, and page authority. Moz also offers other tools that are must haves for optimization. Check out Moz local (metrics specific to Cumberland and the surrounding cities) and the arsenal of free to use SEO tools for you SEO’s that are just getting established.
Domain Authority and Page Authority are very important metrics in the SEO world. Use this tool to check the health on your website.
• SEM Rush – (https://www.semrush.com/)- This is a great piece of software for managing your websites SEO. For individuals running an SEO organization, this software also allows you to monitor and keep track of changes with a businesses online presence. Many of the service software provided through this dashboard are position tracking, web site audits, social tracking, profile monitoring, backlink audits, lead generation management, keyword search analytics, domain metrics, and much more.
Tracking keywords and site traffic are very important features in SEM Rush.
• Ahrefs (https://ahrefs.com/) – A very useful interface that gives you the opportunity to manage the condition of your site. The tools made available within Ahrefs are similar to those seen on SEM Rush, but there are many unique tools that have made Ahrefs a must have subscription for anyone optimizing sites. Ahrefs has a site explorer, content crawler, keyword explorer, batch overviews, inbound link explorer, and more.
The link profile explorer is a great piece of software used for locating referral links referring to your website. This is helpful for finding good and bad back links.
• Pro Rank Tracker – (https://proranktracker.com/) – Pro Rank Tracker is a subscription based SEO software tool that is primarily used to follow the rankings of unique keywords and URLS. Software such as this is required to monitor progress and/or identify a drop in rankings. For agencies looking to manage SEO for their clients, Pro Rank Tracker is a pretty affordable industry option.
Ranking details indicate position fluxuation in the SERPS. The red values seen represent a dip in keyword rankings while the green values displayed represent a spike in keyword rankings.
• Keyword Tool – (http://keywordtool.io/) – This tool is effective for identifying key terms that you want rank your page for. You can choose geo specific location settings to locate search volume in a specific city and state like Cumberland, Indiana. These key phrases that you locate and begin to target will be the same group of keywords that you analyze in Pro Rank Tracker. Another helpful feature is the search volume graph, this shows how much search occurs monthly in your area and if it’s seasonal, trending, or a consistent search queries.
Identifying locally searched key terms is beneficial for anyone trying to rank in Indiana.
Cumberland Off Page SEO
Modern Influence Logo
Modern Influence Image
SEO pricing is strongly based on competition of keywords and location. Before we focus on enhancing your rankings we need to gain a better understanding of the keywords and search volume of the relevant terms in your vertical. This requires us to perform some keyword research before we give you a monthly quote for SEO. Complete the form below to get started with our free keyword research.