Off Page SEO
Off page SEO refers to other web sites and the inbound links coming from those properties. Those links are called backlinks. The referring site can be another blog or business website, a social property like Instagram, a citation, or blog comment linking back to your property. There are many other ways of receiving authority backlinks, but these are common methods and are typically easy to get.
• Link Outreach – Most likely you have done business with a company that has a site, or you have friends or networking connections that have personal site. Take the time to reach out to anyone of these individuals in Danville and ask them to include an article about you or your business on it. My recommendation is that you write it to save them the time. Be sure to create a web page and return the favor to them by linking to their website from yours. Also note, if they have a Google verified address in Danville and you are wanting to rank for a local Danville service term, that will be a positive geo relevance factor.
• Social – By setting up social foundations like Instagram, G+, Pinterest, and Flickr you have the option to link out to your property from the user profile. You can also link out from a post within these platforms. Lots of ways to link out, just gotta get creative.
• Citations – Citations are a fantastic way to create a an inbound link. Building business profiles in directories like Yelp, Cheap FlightsGoogle Maps, Yellowpages, or foursquare will allow you the chance to not only create a local presence in Danville, Virginia on those profiles but to also send links back to your page from that profile.
• Social Comments – We have experienced personal success finding blogs on the internet that were topical to our site and leaving a comment on them with a link back to my site. Do not be a spammer, find an topical web page, comment and engage with the community, then leave a link in your comment that points back to your page. That is a comment link.
Off Site SEO Software Tools
In addition to the tools that Google provides, there are other utilities that help you monitor site traffic, authority links, referral links, page rankings, and many other analytics. Monitoring the health of your site and maintaining a authoritative back link profile is essential for ranking. Here are a few of those software interfaces and some basic information on how they can assist you with your off page SEO.
• Open Site Explorer – (https://moz.com/) – The Moz OSE allows you to view inbound links, find linking opportunities, find suspicious backlinks, check a sites domain authority, and page authority. MOZ also offers other useful tools that are proven useful for optimization. Check out MOZ local (metrics specific to Danville and the surrounding cities) and their arsenal of limited but free SEO optimization software interfaces for you SEO’s that are just getting established.
Domain Authority and PA are very important metrics in the SEO world. Use this tool to check the health on your web site.
• SEM Rush – (https://www.semrush.com/)- This is a must have tool for managing your sites SEO. For those of you overseeing an SEO agency, this subscription allows you to monitor and keep track of changes with a clients online profile. Most of the services provided in this interface are keyword position tracking, web site audits, social management, profile monitoring, inbound link audits, lead gen management, keyword rank analytics, domain analytics, and lots more.
Tracking keywords and referral traffic are very important tools in SEM Rush.
• Ahrefs (https://ahrefs.com/) – A very efficient tool that gives you the opportunity to monitor the health of your web site. The features available within Ahrefs are a lot like those found on SEM Rush, but there are very unique tools that have made Ahrefs a must have resource for any SEO. Ahrefs has a website explorer, content crawler, keyword research tool, batch overviews, inbound link explorer, and much more.
The link profile explorer is a great tool used for locating inbound links pointing to your site. This is useful for identifying good and bad back links.
• PRT – (https://proranktracker.com/) – Pro Rank Tracker is a subscription based SEO software subscription that is primarily used to monitor the movement of specific key words and URLS. A tool like this is required to monitor movement and/or identify a dip in rankings. For people looking to monitor SEO for their clients, PRT is an affordable option in the industry.
Ranking details refer to keyword position movement in the SERPS. The red values indicate a drop in rankings while the green values seen indicate an increase in keyword rankings.
• Keyword Tool – (http://keywordtool.io/) – This tool is great for finding keywords that you want to rank your property for. You can customize geo-specific location settings to discover keyword search volume in a specified city and state like Danville, Virginia. These key phrases that you find and begin to target will be the same group of keywords that you analyze in PRT. Another useful tool is the search info, this shows how much search occurs monthly in your area and if it’s seasonal, trending, or a consistent search queries.
finding locally searched terms is valuable to anyone trying to rank in Virginia.
Danville Off Page SEO
Modern Influence Logo
Modern Influence Image
SEO pricing is strongly based on competition of keywords and location. Before we focus on enhancing your rankings we need to gain a better understanding of the keywords and search volume of the relevant terms in your vertical. This requires us to perform some keyword research before we give you a monthly quote for SEO. Complete the form below to get started with our free keyword research.