Off Page Optimization
Off page SEO refers to other properties and the referral links coming from those properties. These links are called backlinks. The referring property can be another blog or business, a social property like Pinterest, a citation, or article comment linking back to your site. There are other means of receiving referral links, but these are common and usually easy to obtain.
• Link Outreach – Most likely you have done business with another company that has a site, or you have friends or networking associates that have sites. Simply reach out to anyone of these connections in Davenport and ask them to include an article about you or your products on there. My recommendation is that you produce it to save them the inconvenience. Be sure to include a page and return the favor to them by creating a link to their website from your web page. Also note, if they have a Google verified address in Davenport and you are wanting to rank for a local Davenport service term, that will be a positive geo relevance factor.
• Social – By setting up social foundations like Instagram, G+, Pinterest, and Flickr you have an opportunity to send no follow links to your site from the account profile. You can also send links out from a post within these properties. Lots of ways to create links, just need to get creative.
• Citations – Citations are a fantastic way to create a referral link. Creating business profiles in directories like Yelp, Cheap FlightsGoogle Maps, Yellowpages, or foursquare will allow you the opportunity to not only have a local presence in Davenport, Iowa on those profiles but to also link back to your page from that profile.
• Social Comments – I have experienced personal success locating blogs on the web that were relevant to our web page and commenting on them with a link back to my site. Don’t be a spammer, search for an relevant web page, leave a comment and engage with the community, and leave a link in your comment that points back to your website. That my friends is a backlink.
Tools For Off Page SEO
In addition to the Webmaster tools that Google provides, there are plenty of other dashboards that help you monitor traffic, referral traffic, backlinks, rankings, and many other analytics. Keeping an eye on the healthy condition of your web page and maintaining a authoritative referral link profile is a must for ranking. Here are some of those software interfaces and some basic info on how they can help you with your off site optimization.
• MOZ Open Site Explorer – (https://moz.com/) – The Moz Open Site Explorer allows you to inspect back links, locate linking opportunities, locate unwanted referral links, check a websites domain authority, and page authority. Moz provides other tools that are irreplaceable for optimization. Check out Moz local (metrics specific to Davenport and the surrounding cities) and their plethora of limited but free SEO optimization software interfaces for those of you that are just getting your feet wet.
DA and Page Authority are very important metrics in the SEO arena. You can use this site to monitor the health on your site.
• SEM Rush – (https://www.semrush.com/)- This is an amazing tool for managing your web sites optimization. For people running an SEO business, this tool also allows you to monitor and keep track of sudden changes with a businesses online profile. Most of the services provided through this dashboard are position tracking, web site audits, social management, brand monitoring, outbound link audits, lead gen management, keyword search analytics, domain analytics, and much more.
Tracking keywords and site traffic are very important tools in SEM Rush.
• Ahrefs (https://ahrefs.com/) – One very useful dashboard that allows you to monitor the health of your website. Most of the tools made available within Ahrefs are similar to those found on SEM Rush, but there are some unique tools that make Ahrefs a must get tool for any SEO. Ahrefs has a site explorer, content crawler, keyword explorer, batch overviews, link explorer, and lots more.
The link profile explorer is a great piece of software we use for locating inbound links pointing to your site. This is useful for locating good and bad links.
• PRT – (https://proranktracker.com/) – PRT is an online based SEO software dashboard that is most commonly used to monitor the movement of individual key words and URL strings. A tool such as this is needed to monitor progress and/or identify a drop in rankings. For businesses looking to manage SEO for clients, PRT is an affordable option.
Ranking stats refer to keyword position fluxuation in the SERPS. The red values seen indicate a drop in keyword rankings while the green values seen represent a jump in rankings.
• Keyword Tool – (http://keywordtool.io/) – This tool is effective for finding key terms that you want rank your site for. You can customize geo-specific location identification settings to identify keyword search volume in a specified city and state like Davenport, Iowa. These key terms that you identify and begin targeting will be the same group of keywords that you follow in PRT. Another helpful feature is the search volume chart, this identifies how much search occurs monthly in your area and if it’s seasonal, trending, or a consistent search volume.
Identifying locally searched terms is valuable to anyone trying to rank in Iowa.
Davenport Off Page SEO
Modern Influence Logo
Modern Influence Image
SEO pricing is strongly based on competition of keywords and location. Before we focus on enhancing your rankings we need to gain a better understanding of the keywords and search volume of the relevant terms in your vertical. This requires us to perform some keyword research before we give you a monthly quote for SEO. Complete the form below to get started with our free keyword research.