Off Page SEO
Off page optimization refers to other web properties and the inbound links coming from those sites. These links are called backlinks. The referring property can be another blog or business, a social property like Facebook, a citation, or social comment linking back to your site. There are other ways of receiving backlinks, but these are common methods and are typically easy to get.
• Link Outreach – Most likely you have done business with another business that has a website, or you have friends or networking connections that have websites. Simply reach out to one of these people in Davis and ask them to post an article about you or your company on the site. My recommendation is that you write it to save them the hassle. Be sure to include a website and return the favor to them by linking to their site from your web page. Also note, if they have a Google verified address in Davis and you are wanting to rank for a local Davis service term, that will be a positive geo relevance factor.
• Social – By setting up social foundations like Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, and Flickr you have the ability to send no follow links to your website from the user profile. You can also send links out from a post within these platforms. Lots of ways to link, just need to get creative.
• Citations – Citations are a great way to create a referral link. Creating profiles within directories like Yelp, Cheap FlightsGoogle Maps, Yellowpages, or foursquare will provide you with the chance to not only have a local presence in Davis, California on those profiles but to also link back to your website from that profile.
• Comments – We have had personal success searching for blogs on the internet that were topical to our website and commenting on them with a backlink to our webpage. Don’t be a spammer, find an relevant web page, leave a comment and engage with the online community, and leave a link in your comment that points back to your web page. That is a comment link.
Software Subscriptions For Off Page SEO
In addition to the Webmaster tools that Google offers, there are many other dashboards that assist you with monitoring traffic, authority links, backlinks, page rankings, and other analytics. Maintaining the health of your web page and keeping a clean backlink profile is essential for ranking. Here are some of those subscriptions and some basic information on how they can assist you with your off page SEO.
• MOZ OSE – (https://moz.com/) – The Moz OSE allows you to research inbound links, discover link outreach opportunities, find unwanted referral links, check on a sites domain authority, and page authority. Moz provides other tools that are proven useful for agencies. Take a look at MOZ local (metrics exclusive to Davis and the surrounding cities) and their plethora of free SEO optimization software interfaces for those of you that are just getting started.
DA and PA are very important metrics in the SEO arena. Use this tool to evaluate the metrics on your website.
• SEM Rush – (https://www.semrush.com/)- This is an amazing tool for managing your websites SEO. For folks overseeing an SEO business, this software allows you to orchestrate and track changes with a businesses online profile. Many of the services offered through this interface are keyword position tracking, website audits, social tracking, brand monitoring, inbound link audits, lead generation management, keyword rank analytics, domain metrics, and more.
Tracking keyword positions and traffic are super important features in SEM Rush.
• Ahrefs (https://ahrefs.com/) – A very efficient interface that gives you the opportunity to manage the condition of your site. Most of the tools available within Ahrefs are very similar to those found on SEM Rush, but there are really unique tools that have made Ahrefs a must have resource for any SEO agency. Ahrefs has a site explorer, content crawler, keyword explorer, batch analytics, link explorer, and lots more.
The link profile explorer is a great piece of software we use for identifying links pointing to your website. This is useful for discovering good and bad links.
• Pro Rank Tracker – (https://proranktracker.com/) – PRT is a subscription based SEO software dashboard that is primarily used to track the rankings of unique key words and URL strings. A tool like this is needed to gauge movement and/or identify a dip in the SERPS. For agencies looking to manage the SEO for their clients, Pro Rank Tracker is a very affordable option.
Ranking statistics indicate keyword position fluxuation in the SERPS. The red values seen represent a dip in keyword rankings while the green values show a spike in keyword rankings.
• Keyword Tool – (http://keywordtool.io/) – This software tool is great for locating key terms that you want rank your page for. You can customize geo specific location settings to uncover search volume in a specified city and state like Davis, California. These key words that you locate and begin targeting will be the same keywords that you follow in PRT. Another useful tool is the search volume info, this indicates how much search occurs monthly in your area and if it’s seasonal, trending, or a constant stream of search volume.
Identifying locally searched key terms is helpful for anyone trying to rank in California.
Davis Off Page SEO
Modern Influence Logo
Modern Influence Image
SEO pricing is strongly based on competition of keywords and location. Before we focus on enhancing your rankings we need to gain a better understanding of the keywords and search volume of the relevant terms in your vertical. This requires us to perform some keyword research before we give you a monthly quote for SEO. Complete the form below to get started with our free keyword research.