Off Site Optimization
Off site SEO refers to other web properties and the inbound links coming from those properties. Those links are called backlinks. The referring web property can be another blog or business website, a social property like Twitter, a citation, or blog comment linking back to your site. There are many other means of getting authority backlinks, but these are common methods and usually easy to obtain.
• Link Outreach – You have probablyI’m sure you have done business with another business that has a site, or you have an acquaintance or networking associates that have personal site. Just reach out to one of these people in Dayton and ask them to feature an article about you or your company on there. My recommendation is that you create it to save them the time. Be sure to include a website and return the favor to them by linking to their site from your property. Also note, if they have a Google verified address in Dayton and you are wanting to rank for a local Dayton service term, that will be a positive geo relevance factor.
• Social Properties – By setting up social accounts like Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, and Flickr you have the option to send no follow links to your web page from the account profile. You can also create links from a post within these platforms. Lots of ways to link, just need to get creative.
• Citations – Citations are a great way to build a backlink. Building business profiles in directories like Yelp, Cheap FlightsGoogle Maps, Yellowpages, or foursquare will allow you the opportunity to not only have a local presence in Dayton, Kentucky on those platforms but to also link back to your website from that profile.
• User Comments – I have had personal success searching for sites on the internet that were relevant to our website and leaving a comment on them with a link back to my site. Without being a spammer, search for an interesting web page, leave a comment and engage the community, then leave a link in your comment that refers back to your website. That my friends is a backlink.
Off Site SEO Software Tools
There are other options to the Webmaster tools that Google provides, there are other tools that help you monitor traffic, authority links, referral links, page rankings, and other analytic tools. Guarding the health of your web site and keeping a nice back link profile is a must for ranking your property. Here are a few of those subscriptions and some info on how they could help you with your off site optimization.
• MOZ OSE – (https://moz.com/) – MOZ OSE allows you to view backlinks, discover linking opportunities, locate unwanted referral links, check a websites domain authority, and page authority. Moz also offers other tools that are must haves for agencies. Check out Moz local (metrics exclusive to Dayton and the surrounding cities) and their arsenal of limited but free SEO tools for you SEO’s that are just getting your feet wet.
Domain Authority and Page Authority are very important metrics in the SEO world. You can use this software to monitor the metrics on your website.
• SEM Rush – (https://www.semrush.com/)- This is an amazing piece of software for managing your web sites SEO. For those of you running an SEO business, this software also allows you to maintain and track any changes with a businesses online presence. Some of the service software provided through this interface are keyword position tracking, website audits, social tracking, brand monitoring, inbound link audits, lead generation management, keyword rank analytics, domain metrics, and lots more.
Tracking keyword positions and web traffic are very important tools in SEM Rush.
• Ahrefs (https://ahrefs.com/) – Another very efficient tool that allows you to monitor the condition of your site. Many of the tools made available within Ahrefs are a lot like those found on SEM Rush, but there are very unique tools that make Ahrefs a must have tool for anyone optimizing sites. Ahrefs includes a site explorer, content crawler, keyword research tool, batch analytics, backlink explorer, and more.
The referral link profile explorer is an awesome tool used for identifying links referring to your website. This is great for finding good and bad back links.
• Pro Rank Tracker – (https://proranktracker.com/) – Pro Rank Tracker is an online based SEO software dashboard that is mostly used to follow the movement of unique key words and URL strings. Software like this is required to gauge progress and/or spot a drop in rankings. For businesses looking to manage SEO for their clients, PRT is a pretty affordable option in the industry.
Ranking stats refer to position fluxuation in the SERPS. The red values seen represent a dip in keyword rankings while the green values displayed indicate a jump in keyword rankings.
• Keyword Tool – (http://keywordtool.io/) – This software tool is great for identifying key phrases that you want rank your property for. You can choose geo-specific location settings to locate search volume in a specific city and state like Dayton, Kentucky. These key phrases that you find and begin targeting will be the same keywords that you follow in PRT. Another helpful tool is the search chart, this indicates how much search occurs monthly in your area and if it’s seasonal, trending, or a constant stream of search queries.
Identifying locally searched keywords is valuable for anyone trying to rank in Kentucky.
Dayton Off Page SEO
Modern Influence Logo
Modern Influence Image
SEO pricing is strongly based on competition of keywords and location. Before we focus on enhancing your rankings we need to gain a better understanding of the keywords and search volume of the relevant terms in your vertical. This requires us to perform some keyword research before we give you a monthly quote for SEO. Complete the form below to get started with our free keyword research.