Off Page Optimization
Off page SEO refers to other web sites and the inbound links coming from those pages. These links are called backlinks. The referring web site can be another blog or business website, a social property like Twitter, a citation, or social comment linking back to your page. There are other means of getting referral links, but these are common methods and usually easy to get.
• Link Outreach – Most likely you have done business with another business that has a site, or you have friends or networking partners that have personal site. Simply reach out to any of these individuals in Dayton and ask them to post an article about you or your products on it. My suggestion is that you create it to save them the hassle. Be sure to give yourself a web page and return the favor to them by linking to their page from yours. Also note, if they have a Google verified address in Dayton and you are wanting to rank for a local Dayton service term, that will be a positive geo relevance factor.
• Social Networks – By setting up social properties like Instagram, G+, Youtube, and Flickr you have an opportunity to send no follow links to your site from the account profile. You can also send links out from a post within these properties. Lots of ways to send links, just need to get creative.
• Citations – Citations are a legitimate way to build a link. Setting up profiles within directories like Yelp, Cheap FlightsGoogle Maps, Yellowpages, or foursquare will provide you with the opportunity to not only build a local presence in Dayton, Tennessee on those platforms but to also link back to your website from that profile.
• User Comments – We have experienced personal success finding sites on the internet that were topical to our site and commenting on them with a link back to my site. Don’t be a spammer, search for an interesting article, leave a comment and engage the online community, and leave a link in your comment that links back to your site. That my friends is a backlink.
Subscription Based Tools For Off Page SEO
There are other options to the Webmaster tools that Google makes available, there are plenty of other utilities that help you monitor traffic, authority links, backlinks, page rankings, and many other analytic tools. Maintaining the health of your property and maintaining a nice backlink profile is a must for ranking. Here are a few of those software interfaces and some basic information on how they can help you with your off site optimization.
• MOZ OSE – (https://moz.com/) – MOZ OSE allows you to inspect backlinks, find link building opportunities, locate bad referral links, check a sites domain authority, and page authority. Moz provides other useful tools that are must haves for optimization. Take a look at Moz local (metrics exclusive to Dayton and the surrounding areas) and their arsenal of free SEO dashboards for you SEO’s that are just getting started.
Domain Authority and Page Authority are important metrics in SEO. You can use this software to check the health on your web site.
• SEM Rush – (https://www.semrush.com/)- This is a great piece of software for monitoring your websites SEO. For people managing an SEO business, this software also allows you to maintain and track sudden changes with a clients online profile. Many of the service software provided through this interface are keyword position tracking, website audits, social media managment, profile monitoring, inbound link audits, lead gen management, keyword search analytics, domain health, and much more.
Tracking keyword rankings and web traffic are very important features in SEM Rush.
• Ahrefs (https://ahrefs.com/) – One very efficient interface that allows you to manage the health of your site. Many of the tools available on Ahrefs are a lot like those seen on SEM Rush, but there are many unique tools that make Ahrefs a must get resource for any SEO. Ahrefs has a site explorer, content crawler, keyword explorer, batch overviews, referral link explorer, and much more.
The backlink profile explorer is a great piece of software used for identifying links directing to your site. This is great for finding good and bad backlinks.
• PRT – (https://proranktracker.com/) – Pro Rank Tracker is an online based SEO software tool that is primarily used to track the movement of specific key words and URLS. Software such as this is required to gauge movement and/or recognize a drop in the SERPS. For businesses looking to monitor the SEO for their clients, Pro Rank Tracker is a pretty affordable option in the industry.
Ranking stats indicate keyword position fluxuation in the SERPS. The red values seen represent a dip in keyword rankings while the green values indicate a spike in rankings.
• Keyword Tool – (http://keywordtool.io/) – This software tool is useful for finding key phrases that you want rank your site for. You can customize geo specific location settings to pin-point search volume in a specified city and state like Dayton, Tennessee. These key terms that you identify and begin targeting will be the same keywords that you analyze in PRT. Another useful tool is the search chart, this identifies how much search occurs monthly in your area and if it’s seasonal, trending, or a consistent search volume.
finding locally searched key terms is helpful to anyone trying to rank in Tennessee.
Dayton Off Page SEO
Modern Influence Logo
Modern Influence Image
SEO pricing is strongly based on competition of keywords and location. Before we focus on enhancing your rankings we need to gain a better understanding of the keywords and search volume of the relevant terms in your vertical. This requires us to perform some keyword research before we give you a monthly quote for SEO. Complete the form below to get started with our free keyword research.