Off Site Optimization
Off site SEO refers to other properties and the inbound links coming from them. These links are called backlinks. The referring page can be another blog or company site, a social property like Pinterest, a citation, or blog comment linking back to your site. There are other ways of receiving authority backlinks, but these are common methods and usually easy to get.
• Link Outreach – Most likely you have done business with someone else that has a site, or you have an acquaintance or networking associates that have sites. Take the time to reach out to anyone of these individuals in De Soto and ask them to include an article about you or your services on the site. My suggestion is that you create it to save them the time. Be sure to give yourself a link back and return the favor to them by linking to their website from your site. Also note, if they have a Google verified address in De Soto and you are wanting to rank for a local De Soto service term, that will be a positive geo relevance factor.
• Social Platforms – By setting up social accounts like Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, and Reddit you have an opportunity to link out to your property from the user profile. You can also send links out from a post within these properties. Lots of ways to link, just need to get creative.
• Citations – Citations are a great way to create a backlink. Setting up profiles within directories like Yelp, Cheap FlightsGoogle Maps, Yellowpages, or foursquare will provide you with the chance to not only create a local presence in De Soto, Missouri on those platforms but to also send nofollow backlinks to your site from that property.
• Blog Comments – I have experienced personal success finding sites on the internet that were topical to our site and commenting on them with a link back to my site. Do not be a spammer, search for an topical web page, comment and engage with the community, then leave a signature in your comment that links back to your page. That is a backlink.
Software Subscriptions For Off Page SEO
There are other options to the Webmaster tools that Google makes available, there are many other dashboards that assist you with monitoring traffic, authority links, referral links, rankings, and many other analytics. Guarding the health of your property and maintaining a nice backlink profile is a must for ranking your property. Here are some of those interfaces and some information on how they can help you with your off site SEO.
• Open Site Explorer – (https://moz.com/) – MOZ OSE allows you to inspect backlinks, discover link building opportunities, find bad back links, check a websites domain authority, and page authority. MOZ provides other tools that are must haves for agencies. Check out MOZ local (metrics exclusive to De Soto and the surrounding neighborhoods) and the plethora of free to use SEO optimization software interfaces for those of you that are just getting off the ground.
DA and Page Authority are very important metrics in the SEO arena. Use this site to monitor the metrics on your web site.
• SEM Rush – (https://www.semrush.com/)- This is an amazing tool for monitoring your websites SEO. For people managing an SEO organization, this subscription also allows you to orchestrate and keep track of any changes with a clients online presence. Many of the services provided in this interface are keyword position tracking, website audits, social management, brand monitoring, inbound link audits, lead generation management, keyword rank analytics, domain health, and much more.
Tracking keyword positions and referral traffic are really important tools in SEM Rush.
• Ahrefs (https://ahrefs.com/) – One very efficient piece of software that allows you to manage the condition of your website. Many of the features made available on Ahrefs are very similar to those seen on SEM Rush, but there are very unique tools that have made Ahrefs a must get subscription for anyone optimizing sites. Ahrefs has a website explorer, content crawler, keyword research tool, batch overviews, inbound link explorer, and more.
The referral link profile explorer is an awesome tool we use for identifying inbound links pointing to your web site. This is great for discovering good and bad backlinks.
• PRT – (https://proranktracker.com/) – PRT is an online based SEO software dashboard that is most commonly used to monitor the rankings of unique key words and URL strings. A tool like this is required to monitor progress and/or recognize a drop in rankings. For people looking to manage the SEO for their clients, PRT is a pretty affordable industry option.
Ranking metrics refer to keyword position movement in the SERPS. The red values indicate a drop in rankings while the green values displayed represent an increase in rankings.
• Keyword Tool – (http://keywordtool.io/) – This tool is useful for identifying keywords that you want to rank your site for. You can configure geo-specific location identification settings to pin-point search volume in a specified city and state like De Soto, Missouri. These key terms that you find and begin targeting will be the same group of keywords that you monitor in PRT. Another helpful tool is the search volume chart, this indicates how much search occurs monthly in your area and if it’s seasonal, trending, or a consistent search volume.
Identifying locally searched keywords is helpful to anyone trying to rank in Missouri.
De Soto Off Page SEO
Modern Influence Logo
Modern Influence Image
SEO pricing is strongly based on competition of keywords and location. Before we focus on enhancing your rankings we need to gain a better understanding of the keywords and search volume of the relevant terms in your vertical. This requires us to perform some keyword research before we give you a monthly quote for SEO. Complete the form below to get started with our free keyword research.