Off Page SEO
Off site SEO refers to other web properties and the referral links coming from those properties. These links are called backlinks. The referring web property can be another blog or business website, a social property like Youtube, a citation, or blog comment linking back to your property. There are other ways of getting referral links, but these are common methods and are typically simple to get.
• Link Outreach – Most likely you have done business with a company that has a website, or you have friends or networking associates that have personal site. Simply reach out to anyone of these connections in Dearborn and ask them to feature an article about you or your company on it. My recommendation is that you write it to save them the inconvenience. Be sure to create a back link and return the favor to them by creating a link to their page from your web page. Also note, if they have a Google verified address in Dearborn and you are wanting to rank for a local Dearborn service term, that will be a positive geo relevance factor.
• Social Media – By setting up social accounts like Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, and Flickr you have the ability to send links to your site from the account profile. You can also send links out from a post within these properties. Lots of ways to link out, just gotta get creative.
• Citations – Citations are a great way to produce a link. Creating business profiles in local directories like Yelp, Cheap FlightsGoogle Maps, Yellowpages, or foursquare will give you the opportunity to not only build a local presence in Dearborn, Michigan on those platforms but to also link back to your web page from that property.
• Comments – We have had personal success finding articles on the internet that were topical to our website and leaving a comment on them with a link back to my site. Do not be a spammer, find an interesting article, leave a comment and engage with the online community, and leave a link in your comment that points back to your site. That is a backlink.
Off Site SEO Software Tools
There are other options to the Webmaster tools that Google offers, there are other tools that help you monitor site traffic, referral traffic, referral links, rankings, and other analytics. Maintaining the health of your property and keeping a nice back link profile is a must for ranking your property. Here are a few of the interfaces and some basic information on how they can help you with your off page SEO.
• Open Site Explorer – (https://moz.com/) – MOZ Open Site Explorer allows you to view backlinks, discover linking opportunities, locate unwanted links, check a web sites domain authority, and page authority. MOZ also offers other tools that are irreplaceable for agencies. Check out Moz local (metrics specific to Dearborn and the surrounding neighborhoods) and the plethora of free to use SEO tools for you SEO’s that are just getting off the ground.
Domain Authority and Page Authority are very important metrics in SEO. You can use this site to check the health on your website.
• SEM Rush – (https://www.semrush.com/)- This is a great tool for managing your sites SEO. For folks running an SEO agency, this subscription allows you to orchestrate and keep track of any changes with a businesses online presence. Many of the service software offered in this dashboard are keyword position tracking, site audits, social management, brand monitoring, backlink audits, lead generation management, keyword analytics, domain analytics, and lots more.
Tracking keyword positions and web traffic are very important tools in SEM Rush.
• Ahrefs (https://ahrefs.com/) – Another very efficient interface that allows you to monitor the health of your site. Most of the features available on Ahrefs are very similar to those found on SEM Rush, but there are really specialized tools that make Ahrefs a must have subscription for anyone optimizing sites. Ahrefs has a website explorer, content crawler, keyword explorer, batch overviews, backlink explorer, and much more.
The referral link profile explorer is a great tool we use for discovering referral links pointing to your website. This is useful for finding good and bad back links.
• Pro Rank Tracker – (https://proranktracker.com/) – Pro Rank Tracker is a subscription based SEO software dashboard that is most commonly used to follow the rankings of unique keywords and URL strings. A tool like this is needed to gauge movement and/or identify a drop in the SERPS. For individuals looking to monitor the SEO for their clients, PRT is an affordable option in the industry.
Ranking statistics refer to keyword position movement in the SERPS. The red values seen indicate a dip in rankings while the green values displayed show a spike in keyword rankings.
• Keyword Tool – (http://keywordtool.io/) – This software tool is effective for locating keywords that you want rank your site for. You can configure geo-specific location identification settings to pin-point keyword search volume in a specified city and state like Dearborn, Michigan. These key terms that you locate and begin to target will be the same group of keywords that you follow in Pro Rank Tracker. Another useful tool is the search chart, this indicates how many searches occur monthly in your area and if it’s seasonal, trending, or a constant stream of search queries.
finding locally searched keywords is beneficial for anyone trying to rank in Michigan.
Dearborn Off Page SEO
Modern Influence Logo
Modern Influence Image
SEO pricing is strongly based on competition of keywords and location. Before we focus on enhancing your rankings we need to gain a better understanding of the keywords and search volume of the relevant terms in your vertical. This requires us to perform some keyword research before we give you a monthly quote for SEO. Complete the form below to get started with our free keyword research.