Off Site SEO
Off page SEO refers to other pages and the referral links coming from those properties. Those links are called backlinks. The referring web site can be another blog or company site, a social property like Pinterest, a citation, or article comment linking back to your page. There are many other ways of getting backlinks, but these are common methods and usually easy to obtain.
• Link Outreach – Most likely you have done business with another company that has a website, or you have an acquaintance or networking connections that have sites. Just reach out to any of these connections in Decatur and ask them to include an article about you or your services on there. My suggestion is that you write it to save them the hassle. Be sure to include a property and return the favor to them by linking to their page from your site. Also note, if they have a Google verified address in Decatur and you are wanting to rank for a local Decatur service term, that will be a positive geo relevance factor.
• Social Networks – By setting up social foundations like Facebook, G+, Pinterest, and Reddit you have the ability to send no follow links to your website from the account profile. You can also create links from a post within these platforms. Lots of ways to create links, just need to get creative.
• Citations – Citations are a great way to build a backlink. Creating business profiles in directories like Yelp, Cheap FlightsGoogle Maps, Yellowpages, or foursquare will provide you with the opportunity to not only have a local presence in Decatur, Alabama on those platforms but to also send links back to your web page from that property.
• Blog Comments – I have experienced personal success finding blogs on the internet that were relevant to our site and leaving a comment on them with a backlink to our webpage. Without being a spammer, find an relevant web page, leave a comment and engage the community, then leave a URL in your comment that refers back to your website. That my friends is a backlink.
Tools For Off Page SEO
In addition to the optimization tools that Google offers, there are many other tools that assist you with monitoring site traffic, referral traffic, referral links, rankings, and other analytics. Keeping an eye on the healthy condition of your property and keeping a clean backlink profile is essential for ranking your site. Here are a few of those interfaces and some information on how they can help you with your off site SEO.
• MOZ OSE – (https://moz.com/) – MOZ Open Site Explorer allows you to research inbound links, discover link building opportunities, find bad back links, check on a websites domain authority, and page authority. Moz also offers other useful tools that are proven useful for optimization. Take a look at MOZ local (metrics exclusive to Decatur and the surrounding cities) and the plethora of free SEO dashboards for you guys that are just getting your feet wet.
DA and PA are important metrics in the SEO world. You can use this software to evaluate the metrics on your website.
• SEM Rush – (https://www.semrush.com/)- This is a must have piece of software for managing your sites optimization. For folks running an SEO organization, this subscription also allows you to maintain and track any changes with a clients online presence. Most of the tools provided through this interface are keyword position tracking, site audits, social tracking, brand monitoring, inbound link audits, lead gen management, keyword search analytics, domain analytics, and lots more.
Tracking keywords and traffic are very important tools in SEM Rush.
• Ahrefs (https://ahrefs.com/) – One very useful piece of software that allows you to monitor the health of your web site. The features made available on Ahrefs are similar to those available on SEM Rush, but there are really specialized tools that make Ahrefs a must have resource for anyone optimizing sites. Ahrefs has a site explorer, content crawler, keyword explorer, batch overviews, link explorer, and lots more.
The referral link profile explorer is an awesome tool used for locating referral links referring to your web site. This is helpful for discovering good and bad backlinks.
• Pro Rank Tracker – (https://proranktracker.com/) – Pro Rank Tracker is an online based SEO software subscription that is primarily used to track the rankings of specific key words and URL strings. Software like this is needed to monitor progress and/or identify a drop in the SERPS. For people looking to monitor the SEO for their clients, PRT is an affordable option in the industry.
Ranking details indicate keyword position fluxuation in the SERPS. The red values represent a dip in keyword rankings while the green values displayed indicate a jump in keyword rankings.
• Keyword Tool – (http://keywordtool.io/) – This tool is great for finding keywords that you want to rank for. You can choose geo-specific location settings to discover keyword search volume in a specific city and state like Decatur, Alabama. These key terms that you locate and begin targeting will be the same keywords that you track in PRT. Another useful tool is the search graph, this identifies how much search occurs monthly in your area and if it’s seasonal, trending, or a constant stream of search volume.
Identifying locally searched keywords is helpful for anyone trying to rank in Alabama.
Decatur Off Page SEO
Modern Influence Logo
Modern Influence Image
SEO pricing is strongly based on competition of keywords and location. Before we focus on enhancing your rankings we need to gain a better understanding of the keywords and search volume of the relevant terms in your vertical. This requires us to perform some keyword research before we give you a monthly quote for SEO. Complete the form below to get started with our free keyword research.