Off Page SEO
Off page optimization refers to other sites and the referral links coming from those pages. These links are called backlinks. The referring property can be another blog or business, a social property like Youtube, a citation, or social comment linking back to your site. There are many other ways of getting backlinks, but these are common methods and usually easy to obtain.
• Link Outreach – Most likely you have done business with a business that has a site, or you have friends or networking associates that have a business site. Just reach out to anyone of these connections in Decatur and ask them to feature an article about you or your services on it. My recommendation is that you create it to save them the inconvenience. Be sure to create a link back and return the favor to them by creating a link to their website from yours. Also note, if they have a Google verified address in Decatur and you are wanting to rank for a local Decatur service term, that will be a positive geo relevance factor.
• Social – By setting up social properties like Instagram, G+, Pinterest, and Flickr you have the ability to send no follow links to your website from the user profile. You can also create links from a post within these properties. Lots of ways to link, just gotta get creative.
• Citations – Citations are a fantastic way to build a backlink. Setting up business profiles within directories like Yelp, Cheap FlightsGoogle Maps, Yellowpages, or foursquare will provide you with the opportunity to not only create a local presence in Decatur, Illinois on those platforms but to also backlink to your website from that profile.
• User Comments – I have had personal success searching for articles on the internet that were topical to our website and leaving a comment on them with a backlink to our webpage. Do not be a spammer, locate an interesting blog post, leave a comment and engage the online community, then leave a backlink in your comment that refers back to your website. That is a backlink.
Off Site SEO Software Tools
There are other options to the SEO tools that Google makes available, there are other dashboards that assist you with monitoring site traffic, referral traffic, backlinks, rankings, and many other analytics. Maintaining the healthy condition of your web site and keeping a authoritative backlink profile is a must for ranking. Here are some of those dashboards and some information on how they will assist you with your off page SEO.
• MOZ Open Site Explorer – (https://moz.com/) – MOZ Open Site Explorer allows you to locate backlinks, locate linking opportunities, find bad back links, check on a websites domain authority, and page authority. Moz also offers other tools that are must haves for SEO. Take a look at MOZ local (metrics specific to Decatur and the surrounding areas) and their arsenal of free SEO dashboards for those of you that are just getting off the ground.
DA and Page Authority are important metrics in the SEO arena. You can use this site to check the health on your website.
• SEM Rush – (https://www.semrush.com/)- This is a must have tool for managing your sites SEO. For those of you overseeing an SEO organization, this software allows you to maintain and keep track of changes with a businesses online presence. Many of the services offered in this dashboard are keyword position tracking, site audits, social media managment, brand monitoring, link audits, lead generation management, keyword analytics, domain metrics, and more.
Tracking keywords and traffic are really important features in SEM Rush.
• Ahrefs (https://ahrefs.com/) – A very impressive piece of software that gives you the opportunity to manage the condition of your website. The features available on Ahrefs are identical to those found on SEM Rush, but there are very specialized tools that make Ahrefs a must get resource for any SEO agency. Ahrefs has a website explorer, content explorer, keyword research tool, batch analytics, referral link explorer, and much more.
The link profile explorer is a great piece of software we use for discovering links directing to your web site. This is helpful for locating good and bad links.
• Pro Rank Tracker – (https://proranktracker.com/) – Pro Rank Tracker is an online based SEO software subscription that is most commonly used to track the movement of unique keywords and URLS. Software such as this is needed to monitor movement and/or spot a dip in rankings. For businesses looking to manage SEO for clients, Pro Rank Tracker is an affordable industry option.
Ranking details refer to position movement in the SERPS. The red values indicate a drop in rankings while the green values show a spike in keyword rankings.
• Keyword Tool – (http://keywordtool.io/) – This software tool is useful for identifying keywords that you want rank your property for. You can customize geo specific location settings to discover keyword search volume in a specified city and state like Decatur, Illinois. These key terms that you locate and begin targeting will be the same keywords that you follow in Pro Rank Tracker. Another helpful feature is the search volume graph, this identifies how much search occurs monthly in your area and if it’s seasonal, trending, or a consistent search volume.
Identifying locally searched terms is valuable for anyone trying to rank in Illinois.
Decatur Off Page SEO
Modern Influence Logo
Modern Influence Image
SEO pricing is strongly based on competition of keywords and location. Before we focus on enhancing your rankings we need to gain a better understanding of the keywords and search volume of the relevant terms in your vertical. This requires us to perform some keyword research before we give you a monthly quote for SEO. Complete the form below to get started with our free keyword research.