Off Page Optimization
Off page SEO refers to other web sites and the links coming from those sites. These links are called backlinks. The referring web property can be another blog or business, a social property like Youtube, a citation, or social comment linking back to you. There are other means of receiving backlinks, but these are common methods and usually simple to obtain.
• Link Outreach – You have probablyI’m sure you have done business with another company that has a site, or you have an acquaintance or networking associates that have websites. Take the time to reach out to any of these associates in Decatur and ask them to include an article about you or your products on there. My suggestion is that you create it to save them the inconvenience. Be sure to include a property and return the favor to them by linking to their website from yours. Also note, if they have a Google verified address in Decatur and you are wanting to rank for a local Decatur service term, that will be a positive geo relevance factor.
• Social Properties – By setting up social profiles like Instagram, Twitter, Youtube, and Flickr you have the ability to send links to your property from the user profile. You can also send links out from a post within these platforms. Lots of ways to link, just need to get creative.
• Citations – Citations are a great way to produce a backlink. Creating business profiles within directories like Yelp, Cheap FlightsGoogle Maps, Yellowpages, or foursquare will give you the opportunity to not only build a local presence in Decatur, Indiana on those profiles but to also send links back to your web page from that property.
• Social Comments – We have experienced personal success searching for articles on the internet that were relevant to our website and commenting on them with a backlink to our webpage. Without being a spammer, search for an relevant web page, comment and engage with the community, and leave a link in your comment that points back to your web page. That is a backlink.
Subscription Based Tools For Off Page SEO
In addition to the optimization tools that Google provides, there are other dashboards that assist you with monitoring internet traffic, authority links, backlinks, rankings, and other analytics. Monitoring the healthy condition of your web property and maintaining a clean back link profile is absolutely necessary for ranking. Here are some of those interfaces and some basic info on how they could help you with your off site optimization.
• MOZ Open Site Explorer – (https://moz.com/) – The Moz OSE allows you to view referral links, find link building opportunities, find bad links, check a websites domain authority, and page authority. Moz developed other useful tools that are irreplaceable for SEO. Check out MOZ local (metrics exclusive to Decatur and the surrounding cities) and the plethora of limited but free optimization tools for those of you that are just getting established.
Domain Authority and PA are important metrics in SEO. You can use this tool to monitor the metrics on your website.
• SEM Rush – (https://www.semrush.com/)- This is a must have tool for maintaining your web sites optimization. For people running an SEO organization, this subscription allows you to maintain and keep track of sudden changes with a clients online profile. Many of the tools provided in this interface are keyword position tracking, website audits, social tracking, profile monitoring, inbound link audits, lead gen management, keyword search analytics, domain analytics, and more.
Tracking keywords and web traffic are very important tools in SEM Rush.
• Ahrefs (https://ahrefs.com/) – One very efficient dashboard that gives you the opportunity to manage the health of your web site. Many of the tools made available on Ahrefs are similar to those found on SEM Rush, but there are very specialized tools that have made Ahrefs a must get resource for any SEO agency. Ahrefs has a website explorer, content crawler, keyword research tool, batch overviews, inbound link explorer, and much more.
The backlink profile explorer is a great tool we use for locating links pointing to your website. This is great for identifying good and bad backlinks.
• PRT – (https://proranktracker.com/) – PRT is an online based SEO software tool that is most commonly used to monitor the movement of unique keywords and URLS. Software like this is needed to monitor movement and/or spot a dip in rankings. For individuals looking to manage SEO for clients, PRT is an affordable industry option.
Ranking stats indicate position movement in the SERPS. The red values seen indicate a dip in rankings while the green values show a spike in rankings.
• Keyword Tool – (http://keywordtool.io/) – This software tool is useful for locating key terms that you want rank your site for. You can choose geo specific location identification settings to pin-point keyword search volume in a specified city and state like Decatur, Indiana. These key phrases that you locate and begin targeting will be the same keywords that you track in PRT. Another helpful tool is the search volume chart, this shows how much search occurs monthly in your area and if it’s seasonal, trending, or a consistent search volume.
finding locally searched key terms is helpful to anyone trying to rank in Indiana.
Decatur Off Page SEO
Modern Influence Logo
Modern Influence Image
SEO pricing is strongly based on competition of keywords and location. Before we focus on enhancing your rankings we need to gain a better understanding of the keywords and search volume of the relevant terms in your vertical. This requires us to perform some keyword research before we give you a monthly quote for SEO. Complete the form below to get started with our free keyword research.