Off Site SEO
Off site optimization refers to other sites and the links coming from those pages. Those links are called backlinks. The referring page can be another blog or company site, a social property like Instagram, a citation, or blog comment linking back to your page. There are other means of getting backlinks, but these are common and are typically simple to obtain.
• Link Outreach – There is a chance you have done business with someone else that has a website, or you have an acquaintance or networking connections that have websites. Just reach out to any of these people in Decatur and ask them to feature an article about you or your business on the site. My suggestion is that you produce it to save them the hassle. Be sure to give yourself a link back and return the favor to them by linking to their site from your site. Also note, if they have a Google verified address in Decatur and you are wanting to rank for a local Decatur service term, that will be a positive geo relevance factor.
• Social Properties – By setting up social profiles like Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, and Flickr you have the option to link out to your web page from the user profile. You can also link out from a post within these properties. Lots of ways to link out, just gotta get creative.
• Citations – Citations are a great way to create a an inbound link. Building profiles within directories like Yelp, Cheap FlightsGoogle Maps, Yellowpages, or foursquare will provide you with the chance to not only build a local presence in Decatur, Texas on those profiles but to also link back to your site from that property.
• Comments – I have had personal success searching for blogs on the internet that were topical to our page and commenting on them with a backlink to our webpage. Don’t be a spammer, find an relevant article, leave a comment and engage the online community, and leave a backlink in your comment that links back to your website. That my friends is a backlink.
Software For Off Site SEO
In addition to the Webmaster tools that Google makes available, there are other utilities that assist you with monitoring site traffic, referral traffic, backlinks, rankings, and many other analytic tools. Maintaining the healthy condition of your web page and maintaining a clean link profile is essential for ranking your property. Here are some of those dashboards and some info on how they could assist you with your off page SEO.
• MOZ Open Site Explorer – (https://moz.com/) – The Moz OSE allows you to inspect inbound links, find link outreach opportunities, discover malicious links, check on a websites domain authority, and page authority. MOZ developed other tools that are must haves for SEO. Take a look at Moz local (metrics exclusive to Decatur and the surrounding cities) and their plethora of limited but free optimization tools for you SEO’s that are just getting started.
DA and Page Authority are very important metrics in the SEO world. Use this site to monitor the metrics on your website.
• SEM Rush – (https://www.semrush.com/)- This is a great tool for maintaining your web sites optimization. For folks managing an SEO organization, this tool allows you to orchestrate and track any changes with a businesses online presence. Most of the tools offered in this dashboard are position tracking, site audits, social management, profile monitoring, inbound link audits, lead generation management, keyword analytics, domain analytics, and much more.
Tracking keyword positions and site traffic are very important tools in SEM Rush.
• Ahrefs (https://ahrefs.com/) – A very efficient piece of software that gives you the opportunity to monitor the condition of your website. Many of the tools available within Ahrefs are a lot like those seen on SEM Rush, but there are really unique tools that make Ahrefs a must have resource for anyone optimizing sites. Ahrefs has a website explorer, content crawler, keyword explorer, batch analytics, link explorer, and much more.
The backlink profile explorer is an awesome piece of software we use for identifying links referring to your website. This is great for identifying good and bad back links.
• PRT – (https://proranktracker.com/) – PRT is a subscription based SEO software tool that is primarily used to track the movement of unique keywords and URL strings. Software like this is required to monitor movement and/or spot a dip in the SERPS. For businesses looking to manage the SEO for clients, PRT is a very affordable industry option.
Ranking metrics refer to keyword position fluxuation in the SERPS. The red values seen represent a drop in keyword rankings while the green values show a jump in keyword rankings.
• Keyword Tool – (http://keywordtool.io/) – This software tool is effective for locating key terms that you want rank your site for. You can customize specific location identification settings to pin-point search volume in a specified city and state like Decatur, Texas. These key words that you find and begin to target will be the same group of keywords that you follow in PRT. Another useful tool is the search volume chart, this indicates how much search occurs monthly in your area and if it’s seasonal, trending, or a consistent search queries.
finding locally searched phrases is helpful for anyone trying to rank in Texas.
Decatur Off Page SEO
Modern Influence Logo
Modern Influence Image
SEO pricing is strongly based on competition of keywords and location. Before we focus on enhancing your rankings we need to gain a better understanding of the keywords and search volume of the relevant terms in your vertical. This requires us to perform some keyword research before we give you a monthly quote for SEO. Complete the form below to get started with our free keyword research.