Off Page SEO
Off site optimization refers to other web properties and the referral links coming from those pages. These links are called backlinks. The referring web site can be another blog or business, a social property like Pinterest, a citation, or article comment linking back to your page. There are other ways of receiving backlinks, but these are common and usually easy to obtain.
• Link Outreach – Most likely you have done business with a business that has a site, or you have friends or networking partners that have websites. Take the time to reach out to any of these individuals in Decorah and ask them to include an article about you or your services on the site. My suggestion is that you write it to save them the hassle. Be sure to create a property and return the favor to them by linking to their site from yours. Also note, if they have a Google verified address in Decorah and you are wanting to rank for a local Decorah service term, that will be a positive geo relevance factor.
• Social Platforms – By setting up social profiles like Instagram, G+, Youtube, and Flickr you have the ability to link out to your web page from the user profile. You can also create links from a post within these platforms. Lots of ways to send links, just gotta get creative.
• Citations – Citations are a legitimate way to build a link. Setting up business profiles within local directories like Yelp, Cheap FlightsGoogle Maps, Yellowpages, or foursquare will give you the chance to not only build a local presence in Decorah, Iowa on those platforms but to also link back to your page from that property.
• User Comments – We have had personal success searching for blogs on the internet that were relevant to our web page and commenting on them with a link back to my site. Without being a spammer, search for an interesting article, leave a comment and engage with the community, then leave a link in your comment that refers back to your site. That is a backlink.
Off Site SEO Software Tools
In addition to the optimization tools that Google provides, there are other utilities that assist you with monitoring traffic, authority links, backlinks, rankings, and many other analytics. Maintaining the healthy condition of your web page and keeping a nice referral link profile is absolutely necessary for ranking. Here are a few of those dashboards and some basic information on how they will help you with your off page SEO.
• MOZ Open Site Explorer – (https://moz.com/) – MOZ OSE allows you to locate inbound links, find link outreach opportunities, locate suspicious backlinks, check on a sites domain authority, and page authority. MOZ developed other useful tools that are proven useful for SEO. Take a look at Moz local (metrics exclusive to Decorah and the surrounding areas) and their plethora of limited but free SEO optimization software interfaces for you SEO’s that are just getting established.
Domain Authority and PA are important metrics in the SEO arena. Use this tool to check the health on your web site.
• SEM Rush – (https://www.semrush.com/)- This is a must have tool for monitoring your web sites optimization. For folks running an SEO organization, this software also allows you to orchestrate and track any changes with a businesses online presence. Some of the service software provided in this interface are keyword position tracking, website audits, social management, brand monitoring, backlink audits, lead generation management, keyword analytics, domain metrics, and lots more.
Tracking keyword rankings and traffic are super important tools in SEM Rush.
• Ahrefs (https://ahrefs.com/) – A very impressive interface that allows you to manage the condition of your site. Many of the tools made available within Ahrefs are a lot like those found on SEM Rush, but there are really unique tools that make Ahrefs a must get tool for any SEO. Ahrefs includes a site explorer, content explorer, keyword explorer, batch overviews, inbound link explorer, and lots more.
The referral link profile explorer is a great tool we use for locating inbound links referring to your web site. This is helpful for finding good and bad links.
• Pro Rank Tracker – (https://proranktracker.com/) – Pro Rank Tracker is a subscription based SEO software tool that is most commonly used to monitor the rankings of specific key words and URL strings. A tool such as this is needed to gauge progress and/or recognize a dip in the SERPS. For individuals looking to manage SEO for clients, PRT is an affordable option.
Ranking stats indicate keyword position movement in the SERPS. The red values indicate a drop in rankings while the green values show a jump in keyword rankings.
• Keyword Tool – (http://keywordtool.io/) – This tool is useful for locating key terms that you want rank your page for. You can choose geo specific location identification settings to discover keyword search volume in a specific city and state like Decorah, Iowa. These keywords that you find and begin targeting will be the same group of keywords that you track in PRT. Another useful feature is the search volume graph, this shows how many searches occur monthly in your area and if it’s seasonal, trending, or a constant stream of search queries.
Identifying locally searched keywords is helpful for anyone trying to rank in Iowa.
Decorah Off Page SEO
Modern Influence Logo
Modern Influence Image
SEO pricing is strongly based on competition of keywords and location. Before we focus on enhancing your rankings we need to gain a better understanding of the keywords and search volume of the relevant terms in your vertical. This requires us to perform some keyword research before we give you a monthly quote for SEO. Complete the form below to get started with our free keyword research.