Off Page SEO
Off site optimization refers to other web sites and the links coming from those pages. Those links are called backlinks. The referring web property can be another blog or business, a social property like Twitter, a citation, or blog comment linking back to your page. There are many other means of getting authority backlinks, but these are common and usually easy to get.
• Link Outreach – There is a chance you have done business with a company that has a website, or you have an acquaintance or networking partners that have a business site. Take the time to reach out to one of these individuals in DeKalb and ask them to include an article about you or your products on it. My recommendation is that you write it to save them the inconvenience. Be sure to create a property and return the favor to them by creating a link to their site from yours. Also note, if they have a Google verified address in DeKalb and you are wanting to rank for a local DeKalb service term, that will be a positive geo relevance factor.
• Social Sites – By setting up social profiles like Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Flickr you have an opportunity to send links to your website from the account profile. You can also link out from a post within these properties. Lots of ways to create links, just gotta get creative.
• Citations – Citations are a fantastic way to build a backlink. Setting up profiles in local directories like Yelp, Cheap FlightsGoogle Maps, Yellowpages, or foursquare will allow you the opportunity to not only have a local presence in DeKalb, Illinois on those platforms but to also send nofollow backlinks to your page from that profile.
• Blog Comments – We have experienced personal success locating blogs on the web that were topical to our website and leaving a comment on them with a backlink to our webpage. Do not be a spammer, locate an interesting blog post, comment and engage the online community, and leave a URL in your comment that links back to your website. That my friends is a backlink.
Off Site SEO Tools
In addition to the tools that Google offers, there are plenty of other tools that assist you with monitoring site traffic, authority links, referral links, page rankings, and other analytics. Keeping an eye on the healthy condition of your web site and maintaining a clean back link profile is essential for ranking your site. Here are a few of those software interfaces and some info on how they could assist you with your off page SEO.
• MOZ OSE – (https://moz.com/) – MOZ Open Site Explorer allows you to locate backlinks, locate link outreach opportunities, discover bad back links, check on a sites domain authority, and page authority. Moz developed other useful tools that are must haves for SEO. Take a look at Moz local (metrics exclusive to DeKalb and the surrounding areas) and their arsenal of free SEO optimization software interfaces for you SEO’s that are just getting your feet wet.
Domain Authority and PA are very important metrics in the SEO world. Use this software to monitor the health on your site.
• SEM Rush – (https://www.semrush.com/)- This is an amazing piece of software for managing your websites optimization. For people managing an SEO business, this subscription also allows you to orchestrate and track changes with a businesses online property. Most of the tools provided in this dashboard are position tracking, website audits, social tracking, brand monitoring, outbound link audits, lead gen management, keyword search analytics, domain health, and more.
Tracking keywords and web traffic are very important features in SEM Rush.
• Ahrefs (https://ahrefs.com/) – One very impressive piece of software that gives you the opportunity to monitor the health of your website. Most of the features available within Ahrefs are very similar to those found on SEM Rush, but there are some unique tools that make Ahrefs a must get resource for any SEO. Ahrefs has a site explorer, content explorer, keyword explorer, batch overviews, referral link explorer, and much more.
The backlink profile explorer is a great piece of software we use for locating inbound links referring to your site. This is great for discovering good and bad back links.
• Pro Rank Tracker – (https://proranktracker.com/) – PRT is a subscription based SEO software dashboard that is primarily used to monitor the rankings of specific keywords and URL strings. Software like this is needed to gauge progress and/or recognize a dip in the SERPS. For businesses looking to manage the SEO for their clients, PRT is an affordable industry option.
Ranking metrics refer to position fluxuation in the SERPS. The red values seen indicate a drop in rankings while the green values seen show a spike in keyword rankings.
• Keyword Tool – (http://keywordtool.io/) – This software tool is useful for identifying key terms that you want to rank for. You can choose geo-specific location identification settings to identify search volume in a specified city and state like DeKalb, Illinois. These key terms that you find and begin targeting will be the same keywords that you monitor in Pro Rank Tracker. Another useful feature is the search volume graph, this identifies how much search occurs monthly in your area and if it’s seasonal, trending, or a consistent search volume.
finding locally searched terms is valuable for anyone trying to rank in Illinois.
DeKalb Off Page SEO
Modern Influence Logo
Modern Influence Image
SEO pricing is strongly based on competition of keywords and location. Before we focus on enhancing your rankings we need to gain a better understanding of the keywords and search volume of the relevant terms in your vertical. This requires us to perform some keyword research before we give you a monthly quote for SEO. Complete the form below to get started with our free keyword research.