Off Page Optimization
Off page SEO refers to other pages and the links coming from those pages. Those links are called backlinks. The referring site can be another blog or business, a social property like Twitter, a citation, or article comment linking back to your property. There are many other ways of getting authority backlinks, but these are common methods and usually easy to obtain.
• Link Outreach – There is a chance you have done business with someone else that has a website, or you have an acquaintance or networking partners that have a business site. Take the time to reach out to one of these connections in Denison and ask them to post an article about you or your services on it. My recommendation is that you create it to save them the hassle. Be sure to include a link back and return the favor to them by creating a link to their website from yours. Also note, if they have a Google verified address in Denison and you are wanting to rank for a local Denison service term, that will be a positive geo relevance factor.
• Social Media – By setting up social properties like Instagram, G+, Youtube, and Reddit you have the option to send no follow links to your site from the account profile. You can also link out from a post within these properties. Lots of ways to link, just gotta get creative.
• Citations – Citations are a great way to get a an inbound link. Creating business profiles in directories like Yelp, Cheap FlightsGoogle Maps, Yellowpages, or foursquare will give you the opportunity to not only create a local presence in Denison, Iowa on those platforms but to also send links back to your website from that profile.
• User Comments – I have had personal success finding blogs on the web that were relevant to our site and commenting on them with a backlink to our webpage. Don’t be a spammer, search for an relevant article, comment and engage the community, then leave a link in your comment that links back to your page. That is a backlink.
Subscription Based Tools For Off Page SEO
In addition to the tools that Google provides, there are many other tools that help you monitor site traffic, authority links, referral links, page rankings, and other analytics. Guarding the health of your web property and keeping a authoritative back link profile is absolutely necessary for ranking your site. Here are some of the tools and some basic information on how they can help you with your off site SEO.
• MOZ OSE – (https://moz.com/) – The Moz Open Site Explorer allows you to inspect inbound links, locate link building opportunities, discover negative links, check a sites domain authority, and page authority. Moz developed other useful tools that are irreplaceable for agencies. Check out MOZ local (metrics specific to Denison and the surrounding neighborhoods) and the arsenal of free optimization optimization software interfaces for those of you that are just getting off the ground.
Domain Authority and Page Authority are very important metrics in the SEO world. You can use this site to monitor the metrics on your site.
• SEM Rush – (https://www.semrush.com/)- This is a must have piece of software for monitoring your sites optimization. For individuals running an SEO agency, this software also allows you to maintain and track any changes with a businesses online presence. Most of the tools provided through this interface are position tracking, website audits, social tracking, brand monitoring, link audits, lead generation management, keyword analytics, domain health, and more.
Tracking keywords and web traffic are super important tools in SEM Rush.
• Ahrefs (https://ahrefs.com/) – A very useful tool that allows you to manage the health of your web site. Most of the features made available on Ahrefs are a lot like those seen on SEM Rush, but there are really unique tools that make Ahrefs a must have resource for any SEO. Ahrefs includes a website explorer, content crawler, keyword explorer, batch overviews, referral link explorer, and more.
The backlink profile explorer is an awesome tool used for locating links directing to your website. This is great for finding good and bad back links.
• PRT – (https://proranktracker.com/) – PRT is an online based SEO software subscription that is most commonly used to monitor the movement of specific keywords and URLS. Software such as this is needed to monitor movement and/or spot a dip in rankings. For people looking to monitor the SEO for clients, Pro Rank Tracker is a pretty affordable option.
Ranking statistics refer to position fluxuation in the SERPS. The red values seen indicate a drop in rankings while the green values seen represent a spike in keyword rankings.
• Keyword Tool – (http://keywordtool.io/) – This tool is effective for finding key phrases that you want rank your property for. You can customize geo-specific location identification settings to uncover keyword search volume in a specified city and state like Denison, Iowa. These key terms that you find and begin targeting will be the same keywords that you analyze in PRT. Another useful tool is the search volume chart, this indicates how much search occurs monthly in your area and if it’s seasonal, trending, or a consistent search volume.
Identifying locally searched key terms is helpful to anyone trying to rank in Iowa.
Denison Off Page SEO
Modern Influence Logo
Modern Influence Image